Photo

Idea To Make Raids More Interesting

raids pvp defense attack raiding attacking

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

skream89

skream89
  • 79 posts

In conjunction with the new great ideas cmong with the June 2nd update, I have an idea to make raids more appealing to many players.

Reducing the return time from 4hours is great. So is the practice attacking your compound, so you can test your defense layout. However, there are no valuable items that can be stolen in a raid, only fuel when/if the generator is running, which is almost never the case since everybody collects the fuel before going to sleep.

I suggest adding another storage building, which would be "item container" or "weapon box" or something like that. It could also be like a big container that trucks carry around.

When you loot this building, you would get one blue item, either weapon or gear or clothing, with the small chance of getting a rare or a unique. It would be generated by the game, not stolen from the defender's items (people spend real money for their unique long rifles^^)

Just my two cents. Looking forward to june 2nd update, and hope my suggestion was interesting :)

Rising Phoenix

Rising Phoenix
  • 610 posts

Ok, why would a defender want to build this container then? What is the benefit for them?

Mech

Mech
  • 37 posts

Very interesting. but where is the benefit for the defender? is he able to use the container too? otherwise its a good idea just needs more work on it.

skream89

skream89
  • 79 posts

Maybe the inventory space could be the mentioned storage building. perhaps just one building that would give +50 inventory space and everyone would be required to construct?? i'm sure con would be able to think on something

Raider of doom

Raider of doom
  • 165 posts

I like that idea. As at higher leve and outside of wartasks the only thing worth of raids is the exp.

Enlarged storage may be counterproductive for the itinary extention tools that alrdy exist, even though it would make sense.

But as i doubt the devs will like that, how about a simple moralboost?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A totally different aproach to the same topic would be make beds lootable with a minimal (aka 1 in 10 but newly calculated for each bed) chance to find a random gamecreated item (gear or gun) makeing them blue at least would make sense as i dont put just any gun under my pillow ;)

EDIT

The item should be the level of the raided person and maybe the likelyhood to find it should be related to the number of defenders at home #risk/reward

Brgds

Edited by Raider of doom, 31 May 2014 - 04:09 PM.

Idiotlee

Idiotlee
  • 95 posts

not a bad idea but still.think it makes scavenger player a bit tooo much of a target. i wont +1 this just yet

skream89

skream89
  • 79 posts

made a new post with a bit mroe refined sugestion in this same forum. title "my suggestion regarding raids an enhacing the pvp game" with our ideas :)

skream89

skream89
  • 79 posts

sry doublepost

Edited by skream89, 05 June 2014 - 01:22 PM.

dragomirus

dragomirus
  • 4 posts

Ok, why would a defender want to build this container then? What is the benefit for them?

make a locker 4 multiple outfits is a good ideea cose i need to swich my weapons btwin swords 4 automate misions and weapons 4 my missions ;) also in this locker u can reserve (drag in) some weapons 4 each character ....

And a new ideea can u make a lock checkbox on inventory to not reset new items " * " on inventory hideout pls ?  is a really pain in the ass to dismantle and check the whole inventory 4 this and recompare items just cose i mist an item ...pls?? ;;)

Recon_guy

Recon_guy
  • 386 posts

make a locker 4 multiple outfits is a good ideea cose i need to swich my weapons btwin swords 4 automate misions and weapons 4 my missions ;) also in this locker u can reserve (drag in) some weapons 4 each character ....

And a new ideea can u make a lock checkbox on inventory to not reset new items " * " on inventory hideout pls ? is a really pain in the ass to dismantle and check the whole inventory 4 this and recompare items just cose i mist an item ...pls?? ;;)

It helps if you use English and grammar instead of a texting language. Your new idea is kind of hard to follow, not to mention suggested many many times before.

dragomirus

dragomirus
  • 4 posts

It helps if you use English and grammar instead of a texting language. Your new idea is kind of hard to follow, not to mention suggested many many times before.

if you can read it .. is ok ... is a forum, not a university master degree... I meet peuple like you before, they only criticise the other person's opinions by orthography and grammar, but proving lack of consistency in in their opinions ... they only do noise just to be in the center of attention...

Duch

Duch
  • 29 posts

if you can read it .. is ok ... is a forum, not a university master degree... I meet peuple like you before, they only criticise the other person's opinions by orthography and grammar, but proving lack of consistency in in their opinions ... they only do noise just to be in the center of attention...

I'm a non native English speaker, and can hardly understand you - and still I'm not sure is this really what you wanted to describe. If you can't put some effort to make your message clear, why we should bother to try decipher it?

It's a forum as you have said so, you are not limitted by time and letter cap to write. Recon_guy has politely asked you to put some effort to search and write down your idea. If you need univeristy degree to use something that is taught in primary school I don't even want to imagine how did your potty training look like.

As to idea from what I understood - you want special building to make extra loadouts available - extra button idea for the third loadout was shot down by Con with reason "too much micromanagement" (like tons of everyday extra clicking is better ... ).

As for the new item mark - use recycler from compund view - toss any new item that you are sure you won't use and then use the inventory to compare and decide which one you want to dismantle.

Edited by Duch, 24 June 2014 - 10:24 AM.

Nephy

Nephy
  • 302 posts

I have a better idea where everyone would like.

How about anything that get broken down in a raid get to loot wood, cloth and steel? =]

And heavily incentivise trashing? Awful, awful, awful. If I could downvote this 100 times I would.

dragomirus

dragomirus
  • 4 posts

I'm a non native English speaker, and can hardly understand you - and still I'm not sure is this really what you wanted to describe. If you can't put some effort to make your message clear, why we should bother to try decipher it?

It's a forum as you have said so, you are not limitted by time and letter cap to write. Recon_guy has politely asked you to put some effort to search and write down your idea. If you need univeristy degree to use something that is taught in primary school I don't even want to imagine how did your potty training look like.

As to idea from what I understood - you want special building to make extra loadouts available - extra button idea for the third loadout was shot down by Con with reason "too much micromanagement" (like tons of everyday extra clicking is better ... ).

As for the new item mark - use recycler from compund view - toss any new item that you are sure you won't use and then use the inventory to compare and decide which one you want to dismantle.

I doubt you can't understand english wrote with shortcuts, actualy dutch is a germanic language. i didn't say anyone need degrees .. come on.. guys really do you like to write in post kilos of text? or you are another guy who's spending days blogging and performing offtopic conversations.

next time read better " * " the STAR mark .. i bet u need to see "STAR" typed in english (or the duch dont have * , or you dont undestand .. let me see .. hmm .. txting languages ... :) also the STAR (star is a sign usualy find on english keyboard on "8" key, is the mark for the new items in inventory .. and I propose to be added on game a radiobutton or a checkbox to keep the STAR ;) and the items on "new items" inventory sortout  after I close the inventory .. and here we come with a trilogy of explanation of the STAR :P meaning in inventory.

The extraclick-ing management is ok .. but i realy dont want to spend time  reading 9x Heavy Balistic Body armours specs everytime i swich from swords to bullet weapons... eh ? 

Recon_guy

Recon_guy
  • 386 posts
An look at how off topic we are.

Duch

Duch
  • 29 posts

Hold your anger when someone politely tell you to speak properly.

I meet peuple like you before, they only criticise the other person's opinions by orthography and grammar, but proving lack of consistency in in their opinions ... they only do noise just to be in the center of attention...

This sentence proves this is not the first time when someone tells you to use proper communication language - someone else would rather reconsider this advice after first few times.

Can you imagine what would happen if everyone on this forum used his own native mix of English or someone went even further and started to use "1337 5p34K" ?

As for your idea - I know what you mean by "*" / "star" but maybe I didn't write it clear enough or you have felt lost among to many letters - I have pointed you a simple solution - use recycler first from compund view - it doesn't remove the new item mark or the "*" or "star" as you wish to call - even when you accidentally close the window. Now with that in mind you might want to re-read what I wrote.

If you want much simpler answer - that check box won't happen for the same reason we don't  have offline messaging system.

PS. For your information I'm neither Dutch nor German -  I can be a walrus it doesn't change anything.

dragomirus

dragomirus
  • 4 posts

Hold your anger when someone politely tell you to speak properly.

This sentence proves this is not the first time when someone tells you to use proper communication language - someone else would rather reconsider this advice after first few times.

Can you imagine what would happen if everyone on this forum used his own native mix of English or someone went even further and started to use "1337 5p34K" ?

As for your idea - I know what you mean by "*" / "star" but maybe I didn't write it clear enough or you have felt lost among to many letters - I have pointed you a simple solution - use recycler first from compund view - it doesn't remove the new item mark or the "*" or "star" as you wish to call - even when you accidentally close the window. Now with that in mind you might want to re-read what I wrote.

If you want much simpler answer - that check box won't happen for the same reason we don't  have offline messaging system.

PS. For your information I'm neither Dutch nor German -  I can be a walrus it doesn't change anything.

m8 .. (i bet you can figure what m8-mate is) i use to write this way since i was leading raids of 40 ppl in  WoW and i in same time heal my party .. so figure if you are a semi professional gamer ( not a writer .. even a old lady with a feather and ink) you should not complain abbout this .. regarding using the recicler .. figure my recycler for 2 and a half hours blocked and me, using my mouse clicking on 9 screens of books ( looking for 1 kind and compare times and %) just because i mistclick and i closed the "new items" 

P.S. is a difference between using 4 instead of for and u instead of you  and using "5p34K" instead of SPEAK and if u dont mind .. use your feather and ink to send letters .. with parfumes :P ... 

Duch

Duch
  • 29 posts

If you can't see the difference between in-game fast pacing writting (where time and communication is essence) and rather calm enviroment of forum and if you are proud of murdering some nations legacy then you have made your choice, nothing more to add and I rest my case here - I've got better things to do awaiting my survivors return.

Just bear in mind your writtings are painfull to read to more people than only me and Recon_guy - we were just happen to write it. Other people will just ignore you with as it goes for the rule of the thumb - if person didn't bother to write down his idea in a clear way it's nothing of importance.

PS. It's called "quill" not "feather" - if you try to insult at least check vocabulary.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: raids, pvp, defense, attack, raiding, attacking