Photo

New Area: Gas Station

gas station area

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

BlackBear

BlackBear
  • 145 posts

A guy in the comments on Armor Games let the idea of a Gas Station, and I would like to share it here.

I mean, cars, boxes, weapons and, of course, FUEL. =D

WalkerSniper

WalkerSniper
  • 422 posts

It's been done and shot to death because it'd be exploited to hell

warbrand2

warbrand2
  • 1,289 posts

even my idea which was a bombed out one with NO GAS signs around it was shot to death.

Filthy_McBrains

Filthy_McBrains
  • 298 posts

It's been done and shot to death because it'd be exploited to hell

^what this guy said. There's absolutely no reason to give us a fuel heavy area, when we have a daily fuel cap that's easily reached in 10-20 missions.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Nope to this.

Lets list some the reasons why;

Fuel is the premium currency of the game

Fuel can be looted free of charge

Once you hit Level 10 or so, you can build a fuel generator, getting fuel free of charge

The story describes how the city was bombed, areas full of flammable liquid would burn easily

It's been over a year since the start of the story line, how many of these would still have fuel?

What weapons would you find at a petrol station? Not a gun. If using a mobile phone isn't allowed due to the tiny risk of it starting a fire, what would gunshot do?

It's just a "I want more free stuff" idea

I've seen too many threads asking for this in both the current and old forums. After seeing as many as I have, I might come across a bit more rude than intended. If I have, then sorry for any offence caused

EDIT;

Here are just some of the threads there have been asking for gas stations where replies were invariably a lot more harsh than mine;

https://getsatisfact...69&style=topics 120 results

Edited by LLiquid, 02 May 2013 - 05:10 AM.

Filthy_McBrains

Filthy_McBrains
  • 298 posts

What weapons would you find at a petrol station? Not a gun. If using a mobile phone isn't allowed due to the tiny risk of it starting a fire, what would gunshot do?

Shotguns and handguns are common defensive tools used by cashiers at gas stations. Believe it or not, non-incendiary rounds rarely light flammable substances, and the weapons are used primarily inside the building, where the fuel is not present.

However, I'm still against this idea.

Gray

Gray
  • 331 posts

-snip-

Lets say the Fuel Station is looted completely (almost, i mean this is a looting location), the bombs were not directed at EVERY DAMN fuel station, maybe even say the bombing was centered around UC, but not the outskirts, since we're expanding there, and Fuel there doesn't have to be 100% Loot EVERY TIME, the petrol station will be like a park, food, fuel (Lucky), and water, almost all petrol stations contain those, lets even add in car parts, hell. And btw, Petrol Station owners have a friggin shotty under the counter so think twice about robbing them.

Odds are, and intentions at its best, its probably NOT a "Free Shit" idea, look more towards the people who are saying : FREE SECURITY KEYCARDS PLOX.

Edit : Snipped Quote.

Edited by Gray, 02 May 2013 - 12:04 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gas, station, area