Photo

Mission For Returning Home

Getaway Deathmobile ZombieEscape

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Th3BlueAlpha

Th3BlueAlpha
  • 9 posts

I have an idea about a mission for returning home with the Deathmobile when the mission is over. When would leave, they would be in the Deathmobile driving. The survivors would need to drive their way back to the compound, but there would be obstacles to dodge like abandoned cars,military fences, piles of junk etc... There would be zombies too. They wouldn´t really chase the car, but if they were close they could jump on your windshield, so survivors  would need to shoot,stab or punch them off. If the car would hit the obstacles too hard, it would crash, and survivors will get to the compound on foot and return later on with the materials to repair the cars. That´s pretty much it. Please say what you think of this idea, cause i think it´s pretty good. Bye guys.

Bolt Crank

Bolt Crank
  • 1,354 posts

Too much coding; also mimicking Road of the Dead.

Bolt Crank

Bolt Crank
  • 1,354 posts

No offense but shouldn't the coding left to the developers to decide? You're just a player remember?

Anyway, what if that sort of mission is only available for those own the $30 mobile?  :P~

Does not mean I can't post my opinions, like everyone else. I play the game, but I am not lacking any sense of it.

Coding this mini-game would not only be a pain in the ass to figure out, but the staff is only of five people; three focusing on coding, while two are on the art. Plus, imagine how much lag this would cause for the game as well in a flash setting.

Bolt Crank

Bolt Crank
  • 1,354 posts

You mentioned Road of the Dead , a flash games that's free.

If they're pain the ass to code, why do you think they're free? Try to sense of that mate.

That game is made by someone else who knew how to code it properly with the animations given; this is different in the developer's range. Compared to this flash quality and the amount of bugs being worked out, it would be a complete nightmare to debug every detail in it. Not only that, but the lag would be ****ing tremendous to deal with.

Edited by Bolt Crank, 05 June 2014 - 10:28 AM.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

If they're pain the ass to code, why do you think they're free? Try to sense of that mate.

Yes but road of the dead was designed from the start to be a driving style game. This idea is to stick part of a driving game into a completely different kind of game. To have a driving style game within this would not only seem clunky, it would also need to use the same style of graphics as the rest so it wouldn't look out of place.

How long do you think that re-imaging existing graphics, creating "driving gameplay" and implementing into this game without causing bugs would take? My money is on it taking much more time than it would be worth

So many bad ideas are coming out at the moment I need more -1's

Bolt Crank

Bolt Crank
  • 1,354 posts

Yes but road of the dead was designed from the start to be a driving style game. This idea is to stick part of a driving game into a completely different kind of game. To have a driving style game within this would not only seem clunky, it would also need to use the same style of graphics as the rest so it wouldn't look out of place.

How long do you think that re-imaging existing graphics, creating "driving gameplay" and implementing into this game without causing bugs would take? My money is on it taking much more time than it would be worth

So many bad ideas are coming out at the moment I need more -1's

Thank you.

Th3BlueAlpha

Th3BlueAlpha
  • 9 posts

Thanks for feedback guys =D

Th3BlueAlpha

Th3BlueAlpha
  • 9 posts

I wonder why con doesn´t make this a downloadable game, They would have better engines,graphics etc...

Th3BlueAlpha

Th3BlueAlpha
  • 9 posts

I am not trying to copy road of the dead and dozens of zombie games already have driving. I am just trying to enhance the gameplay here.

PeterTehDumb

PeterTehDumb
  • 1,634 posts

I believe both you and LL miss the point.

Are you trying to say that Road of the Dead is free because they have nothing else to do than giving us players something we consider fun to play with?

They need assets to create a game, most video games do. The game's free because advertisement could cover a bit of money they use with the amount of people playing their game. This is my point of view of what you're trying to say.

Also like LLiquid says, remember this is a zombie shooting game. Not a crash course driving game. It does not fit in with the game at all.

Edited by PeterTehDumb, 05 June 2014 - 02:49 PM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

Please no "mini" games, I hate minigames....

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

This game has over 42 million users as stated on Armor Games main page under MMO.

Theoretically speaking, what if half of those 42 million users spend $30 on the death mobile?

How much would Con Artist's make? This doesn't include profits on FB and other sites that host this game. This also doesn't include the irresistible $10 for 1.5k fuel etc.

Now with those money in hand, what would you want Con Artist to improve on this game?

It's 42 million plays since the game was added to armor games.  Not 42 million players.

Each time you or another player logs on it adds one to the count.  If an "average" player logs on 2-3 times per day. 6 days a week they will add ~65 "plays" each month to the count.  More active players will of course add more and less active players will add less.    The game was released on Armor Games on August 14, 2012 (22 months ago).   That's an average of 1.9 million plays per month with an average "playerbase" size in any given month of just under 30K.

But it's not even that simple.   Con has stated that 1-2% of the population has the DMU so at max that's around 600 DMU users on Armor Games.   The vast majority of the population does not have the DMU, as such many non DMU-users have at least one alt account (though even some DMU users have alt accounts).  This of course skews the play count even more as you log on when you switch accounts.   I would conservatively estimate that around one third of active non-DMU players have an alt account.    Factoring that in you have a monthly playerbase (for Armor Games) of around  20K.

42 million players?  Not even World of Warcrack can/could claim that many players.

---

As far as the rest of your post goes...

It's zombie survival game -- and that means shooting zombies.    You say you're getting bored, yet based on your posts, I'm not sure you've actually played this game, or just sent out a bunch of autos.

Maybe you should actually try to play the game before making suggestions?

Edited by Zingman, 06 June 2014 - 06:17 AM.

Con

Con
  • 4,273 posts

Can I just state for the record that there is very few people in this thread who have even the vaguest idea of what they're talking about.

This idea has no financial value and would cost a lot to produce. That's not to say it wouldn't be fun! But yeah, not happening.

Making games is hard and time consuming. Free games are supported by ads or in-app purchases. Because they are free that doesn't make them easier to make.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Getaway, Deathmobile, ZombieEscape