"resident Resource" Task Is Wrong/needs Looking At

Resident Resources Requirements Error

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

HazardEden

HazardEden
  • 62 posts

I got the "Resident Resource" task. The text reads:

"This area is heavy industrial. The warehouses here should keep us building materials for a long time."

However it says in Requirements:

Residences Explored 0/4

Resources Found 0/200

The task requires warehouses and not residences as I sent 4 autos to residences in Northwood and nothing happened. That's when I noticed this error.

I was going to upload a picture but I can only attach a file max size 5k? Not sure what I'm supposed to attach that is that size?

Thanks.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Auto's do not contribute to the tasks. You need to run manual missions.

The following also do not count;

Recycling

Junk Piles

Trading (not that many trade for resources)

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

LLiquid is incorrect

For level-related tasks, anything other than zombie kills an auto can take care of.  Only survivor requests require that you actually play the mission to find wood/metal/cloth.   He is however correct that recycling does not work for any task.  

---

This is a bugged task (a known one).

Try the residences in the Stadium.  The task will work there if I remember correctly.

Cherry

Cherry
  • 792 posts

Wiki says:

Resident Resource

• Description: This area is heavily industrial. The warehouses here should keep us in building materials for a long time.
  • Requirements:
  • Rewards: +550 XP
  • Note: This task is bugged. While it's supposed to be carried out in Northwood, sending missions to Residences in Stadium is the only way to progress it. It should complete at the same time as the Playing House task.

As far as I know you have to collect the ressources manually but auto missions count to explored residences.

Tom

Tom
  • 400 posts

Thanks for this. For the moment go to the residences in Stadium as suggested, I'll get the fix up when I can!

dumbjock123

dumbjock123
  • 929 posts

Wiki says:

Resident Resource

• Description: This area is heavily industrial. The warehouses here should keep us in building materials for a long time.
  • Requirements:
  • Rewards: +550 XP
  • Note: This task is bugged. While it's supposed to be carried out in Northwood, sending missions to Residences in Stadium is the only way to progress it. It should complete at the same time as the Playing House task.

As far as I know you have to collect the ressources manually but auto missions count to explored residences.

Resources don't have to be found manually, they can be done on auto.   Only kill missions have to be done manually(other than survivor requests which all have to be done manually).

HazardEden

HazardEden
  • 62 posts

Yea I was simply reporting the bug guys. But thanks any way others can find use in the info.

And to confirm:

Autos DO count towards tasks with regards to "explore" and "finding resources".

Only tasks requiring infected kills need to be done manually.

Having said this I have also noticed that the 'kill xxx infected" tasks are easily exploited by killing infected and refreshing on the last 10 seconds of the mission then rinse repeat until you have the required kills. Using 5 survivors with chainsaws helps too cause the noise attracts hordes of infected and you have 5 men (low risk of losing to rush's etc).

EDIT: Forgot the main reason I am reviving this thread is because Tom replied here and I have noticed that many of the new missions that were added recently have 0/5? or 0/400?. I was gonna make a screenshot for you Tom but to be honest I have encountered about 7-10 missions now with ?'s in them. All the missions with problems have been in Brookvale North all the way to Pinedale. I haven't gone any further yet so there may be more.

Edited by HazardEden, 25 June 2014 - 11:06 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resident, Resources, Requirements, Error