Fire Barrel Cosmetic Idea

Misc Fire Omni Particle Barrel

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Nyssa

Nyssa
  • 17 posts

POPULAR

Is it possible to add to the buildable (for fuel) Fire Barrel orange omni light particle like In depot locations? It would give our compounds a little charm. :3 Especially inside. Normal Fire Barrel doesn't emit any light.

glow.jpg

Edited by Nyssa, 14 June 2014 - 12:17 AM.

dumbjock123

dumbjock123
  • 929 posts

Edit:  misunderstood.  Thought you were asking for a fire barrel, not telling us the existing barrel didn't emit light.

Edited by dumbjock123, 13 June 2014 - 11:56 PM.

Nyssa

Nyssa
  • 17 posts

It has no glow/orange omni light particle. This is what is referred to. You can buy fire barrel without fire.

Edited by Nyssa, 13 June 2014 - 11:56 PM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

That seems more a bug than idea to me.

Just to be sure, you have dynamic lighting on correct?

Nyssa

Nyssa
  • 17 posts

Oh, well.. perhaps some of you never bought that barrel and didn't noticed it's dark, without any light. I have all graphics options turned on. Besides, graphic options are not problem when another decoration Fire Barrel in Depot location works fine (picture). I just want to spend 25 fuel on something cool and useful. I thought that was developers idea, not a bug. xC

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

This would be lovely 

LevN

LevN
  • 15 posts

Yes please.

LevN

LevN
  • 15 posts

I also wouldn't mind it counting for morale/comfort/security, since it would be a source of both warmth and light.

Edited by LevN, 06 October 2014 - 07:46 AM.

TheRyderShotgun

TheRyderShotgun
  • 966 posts

probably not since it needs fuel atm

LevN

LevN
  • 15 posts

No to the morale/comfort/security? I'm fine with that, though it would be more money for Con. :P

Edited by LevN, 07 October 2014 - 05:33 AM.

LevN

LevN
  • 15 posts

For further reference,

Here's daytime depot fire barrel glow:

71h01v.jpg

And daytime large motel fire barrel glow:

6td5dc.jpg

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

Another nice little touch would be small lanterns hanging by the compound doors, emitting a soft ambient light. Nothing to bright it could be used as a boon for raiders, just a nice little soft glow.

LevN

LevN
  • 15 posts

Eh, maybe. I set up some pumpkin bombs for a similar effect :P

Also, I think the yellow cables at the back of the compound are attached to lights.

Edited by LevN, 20 October 2014 - 06:09 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Misc, Fire, Omni, Particle, Barrel