Photo

Fuel And 'free' Trading Slots

fuel trading trade

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Aelthir

Aelthir
  • 3 posts

I have not found this topic anywhere else, but I'm new on forum, so please let me know if it existed.

I've been playing TLS: Dead zone for few weeks, avoiding trading, avoiding upgrading weapons, avoiding using any fuel, just to earn 500 units of it. After seeing title 'free trade slots', i was crazy about it. I just thought: 'great, i won't have to spend whole my fuel to exchange items with others!'

Badum, pss. ConArtrist demands paying for POSSIBILITY of trading. It's dissapointing and It's not cool. TLS now is game, where you can buy everything. You don't have to have a skill, strategy or anything. If you are rich (or have a rich parents), you're just good player.

Moreover, the game forces players to PvP. There is no way to help or cooperate with others (helping by reducing time is great, but it's sometimes annoying and taking a lot of time, if we want to help all our neighbours), however raids give almost free fuel to players.

That's why i came up with idea of making 'free' trade slots free, this time for real. I'm not saying that trading should be free, not at all. But, if some casual player (like me) or player who doesn't want to pay for playing (like me as well) should be given that chance. I've already spent some time and money to buy 500 fuel, just to know that i'll pay even more. Free slots could be recharged in time, not to make trading free at all. (for example, you can use two slots of free trading once per 6 houres). This possibility would be great for thouse, who doesn't want to pay everytime. To balance it,  you can charge players for speeding recharging time up, or something.

I hope I made my point.

Herpderphurrdurr

Herpderphurrdurr
  • 460 posts

I have not found this topic anywhere else, but I'm new on forum, so please let me know if it existed.

I've been playing TLS: Dead zone for few weeks, avoiding trading, avoiding upgrading weapons, avoiding using any fuel, just to earn 500 units of it. After seeing title 'free trade slots', i was crazy about it. I just thought: 'great, i won't have to spend whole my fuel to exchange items with others!'

Badum, pss. ConArtrist demands paying for POSSIBILITY of trading. It's dissapointing and It's not cool. TLS now is game, where you can buy everything. You don't have to have a skill, strategy or anything. If you are rich (or have a rich parents), you're just good player.

Moreover, the game forces players to PvP. There is no way to help or cooperate with others (helping by reducing time is great, but it's sometimes annoying and taking a lot of time, if we want to help all our neighbours), however raids give almost free fuel to players.

That's why i came up with idea of making 'free' trade slots free, this time for real. I'm not saying that trading should be free, not at all. But, if some casual player (like me) or player who doesn't want to pay for playing (like me as well) should be given that chance. I've already spent some time and money to buy 500 fuel, just to know that i'll pay even more. Free slots could be recharged in time, not to make trading free at all. (for example, you can use two slots of free trading once per 6 houres). This possibility would be great for thouse, who doesn't want to pay everytime. To balance it,  you can charge players for speeding recharging time up, or something.

I hope I made my point.

You do realise that CAG gets their main income from fuel purchases right? It's a tried and tested MMORPG model. You've already been giving the ability to scavenge for fuel as well as getting extra fuel every 2 days with the fuel generator. Your "idea" will make fuel worth a lot less and take away a large portion of CAG's income.

Herpderphurrdurr

Herpderphurrdurr
  • 460 posts

I hope I made my point.

You do realise that CAG gets their main income from fuel purchases right? It's a tried and tested MMORPG model. You've already been given the ability to scavenge for fuel as well as getting extra fuel every 2 days with the fuel generator. Your "idea" will make fuel worth a lot less and take away a large portion of CAG's income.

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

No, it's fine as it is, buying the extra trade slots does not only increase the items or resources that you can trade but it can reduce the base trade costs (If I can remember and if I'm wrong, correct me :)), making it free might cause a problem, people who bought it might get angry since before, you must pay to use the extra ones, adding it now will make the users that bought those feel ripped off. Also Con's income comes from us, no one pays, no income from Con, Con can get money by us buying fuel or the DMU.

Filthy_McBrains

Filthy_McBrains
  • 298 posts

No, it's fine as it is, buying the extra trade slots does not only increase the items or resources that you can trade but it can reduce the base trade costs (If I can remember and if I'm wrong, correct me :)), making it free might cause a problem, people who bought it might get angry since before, you must pay to use the extra ones, adding it now will make the users that bought those feel ripped off. Also Con's income comes from us, no one pays, no income from Con, Con can get money by us buying fuel or the DMU.

It doesn't reduce the base trade cost, rather it simply doesn't add to the base cost when you use those slots. So the base cost is 10, normal slots add 5 for every slot used, but the free trade slots don't add any. So, if two players have free trade slots they can both trade as many as two items (for a total of four) with it only costing 10 fuel instead of 30.

Lefty_Grimes

Lefty_Grimes
  • 290 posts

Trading costs fuel and will always cost fuel to deter players from trading between different accounts they own. It's a mechanic that's been put in place for game balance. Because of the cost, players like to limit trades to uniques, rares, schematics, and premium items. If trading was free, everyone would be trading for mundane things (resources, components, low-grade weapons) instead of search for them themselves. More trading equals more bandwidth used equals more cost for Con Artist.

Trading will never be totally free.

Mr Steel Talon

Mr Steel Talon
  • 19 posts

I must admit i am put off trading by the fuel cost i have a lot of spare beacon parts that i would normally give away to help people who needed them to complete the community task not only helping them but the community as well.they could if they what instead of making the free slots free leave the trade system as it is an simply add another form of trading such as this little idea:

Leave the current trade systems as it is an instant trade but make a totally free trade system where a player can send one of their survivors an a carrier run with the item to the other player but the only thing this would cost would be time not sure of what amount of time would seem fair but would say maybe 1-2 hour to deliver and 1-2 hour to return.This way a player would not have to pay fuel to trade unless they wanted to instant trade using the current system or they could send a survivor to deliver the item which means that survivor will but unable to do missions or help with base defense until they return.it would work like the trade system does now just you would just get the option to choose between both methods once a method has be chosen both sides have to set up the trade as normal an both have to agree and once the trade is complete the item an survivor begin to travel with no way of canceling or stopping them there could be an option to speed up the return of the survivor with fuel if you really wished to do so not sure why people would but having the option would be another possible small amount of income  for Con.you could also make it where you choose the survivor to make the delivery run but make it so the survivors class could effect the time such as a recon would take less time than a fight due to been faster not much fast maybe -30 minutes.thus adding a little more to the trading an making the player think well i could send a fighter/recon but what if my compound is attacked kinda thing.

Anyway there it is another possible solution to trading instead of changing the one we have now which as said above would possible anger those who have paid for the free trade slots already.

Filthy_McBrains

Filthy_McBrains
  • 298 posts

I must admit i am put off trading by the fuel cost i have a lot of spare beacon parts that i would normally give away to help people who needed them to complete the community task not only helping them but the community as well.they could if they what instead of making the free slots free leave the trade system as it is an simply add another form of trading such as this little idea:

Leave the current trade systems as it is an instant trade but make a totally free trade system where a player can send one of their survivors an a carrier run with the item to the other player but the only thing this would cost would be time not sure of what amount of time would seem fair but would say maybe 1-2 hour to deliver and 1-2 hour to return.This way a player would not have to pay fuel to trade unless they wanted to instant trade using the current system or they could send a survivor to deliver the item which means that survivor will but unable to do missions or help with base defense until they return.it would work like the trade system does now just you would just get the option to choose between both methods once a method has be chosen both sides have to set up the trade as normal an both have to agree and once the trade is complete the item an survivor begin to travel with no way of canceling or stopping them there could be an option to speed up the return of the survivor with fuel if you really wished to do so not sure why people would but having the option would be another possible small amount of income  for Con.you could also make it where you choose the survivor to make the delivery run but make it so the survivors class could effect the time such as a recon would take less time than a fight due to been faster not much fast maybe -30 minutes.thus adding a little more to the trading an making the player think well i could send a fighter/recon but what if my compound is attacked kinda thing.

Anyway there it is another possible solution to trading instead of changing the one we have now which as said above would possible anger those who have paid for the free trade slots already.

Except that would in no way deter players from giving all their stuff to alternate accounts, something which the fuel cost is specifically geared towards preventing.

Mr Steel Talon

Mr Steel Talon
  • 19 posts

Except that would in no way deter players from giving all their stuff to alternate accounts, something which the fuel cost is specifically geared towards preventing.

That is true and it is sad that people feel the need for an Alt but i am sure Con could put some sort of system that would put up a lil red flag or something if it noticed a player sending an excess of items for nothing to the same player over an over an over.be sides if the sad little people want to send their alts weapons an gear let them an hope that Con finds them an Bans all their accounts (as you can see i strongly against alts an those who use them).and i say weapons and gear as with this kind of trade all you would be able to send would be 1-2 weapon/gear or components you would not be able to trade wood/metal/cloth/ammo or fuel as they would be to much for a single survivor to transport.

P,s the fuel cost does deter people from trading with their alts a little but it also punishes the people like me who enjoy playing the game and trying to help others as i said many have not completed the beacon i have a ton of spare parts enough to build a 2nd plus half again i think an i would have loved to give these parts to those who are having a hard time with it due to not having the time to play the game due to real life.

Edited by Mr Steel Talon, 02 May 2013 - 01:41 PM.

Aelthir

Aelthir
  • 3 posts

I don't think, that making 'free trade slots' free will cause situation, where players will be giving resouces and crappy stuff to eachother. Even if that happens, it'll have incredibly low prices, comparing to exchanging today.
Also, I don't refuse paying to CON for some extra stuff or access to some great buffs, speeding time or anything else. It's just how these games work and improve. But, my point is that you cannot charge players for everything, except basic access to the game. For the other hand, why raid are rewarded, not paid, if CON has to make money on us? Just look at your bounty office- it's great way to earn free fuel. It is exactly opposite to ideas you all mentioned.

All i mean is: give us same amount of chances to play PvP and coop.

Just think about it:

-If free trade slots were recharged in time (even in 24 h)- noone would waste it on exchanging crappy items

- It would be gr8 way to help other players with quest like a beacon. To get prize, all players must build it. If you want to give a hand to other players, you have to pay. That actually prevents people from helping- noone will exchange beacon parts, just because there are better things to trade.

- Going on missions would be still in strong advantage comparing to trading (especially on low levels, where comeback time is just funny).

-Exchange trading will stay as it is. I can't even imagine situation where one player will give uniques for free or for blue or any other items. Players ARE greedy.

-It will make life just a little easier :)

- As I said before, speeding up recharging time, trading more items than 2  and everything else could still be paid with fuel.

-If all arguments above don't change your mind, just stop lying and don't say that those two slots for trading are free. They ARE NOT.

Darg

Darg
  • 109 posts

Every post you make just shows how little you know about this game, you seem like someone who just started playing this game and before he know how it works already want to change everything even if its not broken, nessesary or valid.

Aelthir

Aelthir
  • 3 posts

I will not argue with that. I admit I've not been playing this game for months (like you, I guess). I am not acknolwedged to all aspects of game. I think very few are.

But I have to remind you basics rules of this forum:

'Here's some basic rules and advice for replying:

• Critique the idea, not the user
  • If you don't like an idea, explain the reasons why
  • If you agree with an idea, upvote the post!
  • There's no such thing as a bad idea, only incomplete ones!'

Please, explain, why you think it is bad idea and how to improve it. I am terribly sorry to say that, but unless you do so, Your post is pointless. I came here to give an idea, and I'd like to see why it is wrong.

Filthy_McBrains

Filthy_McBrains
  • 298 posts

...even if its not broken, necessary or valid.

I believe that classifies as a critique of the idea.

Darg

Darg
  • 109 posts

"There's no such thing as a bad idea, only incomplete ones!" lol, another naive lie just like "there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers"...

Skullcrown

Skullcrown
  • 47 posts
Althir assume that you have no idea what it takes to work hard to get 500 Fuel, now you want to complicate it with a limit? Honestly looting hard work, generating and Raiding to get it, for that reason I think that would limit it to 6 hours that most people forget to buy them. It would be like telling DMU users pay $ 15 more to use it for 2 days or to conform to the current price.

My opinion, rejected the proposal.

BarBorkhortaeg

BarBorkhortaeg
  • 1 posts

will make fuel worth a lot less and take away a large portion of CAG's income.

MW3ProPiper

MW3ProPiper
  • 807 posts

I think free trade should be priced at 15,000 fuel. Or that fuel can only be obtained through real money purchases.

Sarcasm aside, there is a legitimate reason why trading costs fuel (prevents massive inventory transfers and such, alts, market overflow, etc.)

Free trade slots already give you a massive benefit by cutting costs by 50% or more on most trades, if you don't want that, then you don't have to buy them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fuel, trading, trade