Photo

[contribute] Info On Looting Quality Items

Uniques rares looting finding items

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

skream89

skream89
  • 79 posts

Let's make together a "guide" on finding uniques. It appears there was one by Ian Cofaff, but he deleted it. Please don't troll the post with "just spam missions" as happened in his thread. Let's all share our evidence-based tips, so we can narrow the missing information that con doesn't provide.

I'll start with what I have been able to gather from many posts in this forum and my 5month experience in the game (I've found around 30 uniques, with DMU).

- "Chance to find quality items" (alliance boost, Looter, Ooh shiny) increases the amount of green, blue and purple items you find, instead that item being black/grey. There seems to be diminishing returns to this percentage after 20-25% (don’t stack alliance boost with best books to reach a big number 35%+ as it’s not worth it!)

- When an item is found there is a roll for the game to decide if it is a quality one. Once that roll passes the item will be green/blue/purple, with purple having the lowest chance obviously. After that, blue items experience a second roll for the chance to be rare (light blue); the same happens to purples for the chance to become unique (yellow). These secondary rolls ARE NOT AFFECTED BY quality finding %!

- "Chance to find items" (alliance boost, Furious search) does not affect the quality (colour) of the items. It affects the amount of items you find: if the average for a mission is to find 8 items of whatever quality, you will find 10 instead (or whatever). Items meaning weapons, gear, fuel and books, but not junk like Wire Hanger.

- There is a penalty to the chance of finding rare/unique items after you find one (the second roll succeeding) http://forum.conarti...age-6#entry2590 . There also is (just speculation) somewhat a penalty to finding blue/purples. The second roll success penalty seems to be 24 hours ( http://forum.conarti...dds/#entry47961 ) FOR EVERY UNIQUE and it adds up, so if you find two uniques in a mission you are going to be looking at two days of reduced chance. During this period you can still find uniques, although you have a much lower chance than the base chance: some people have found 6 uniques in a day; this is like the lottery, still possible to win again but less likely). And that lesser likelyhood lasts roughly 24h for each unique/rare found. (Speculation now) unique penalty affects rare finding %, but rares dropping do not affect unique finding %).

- Fuel drops seem to take an item slot the missions you find fuel (if average is 8 items per mission, a mission dropping 1x fueldrop  would give 7 items + 1 fuel drop). What this means: if you are going to use a looter or temporary shiny book, make sure you do it after you have received all fuel drops for the day.

Fuel drops for level 37+ are 3 drops of 10fuel (30) per day without any oil % bonus, and these 10fuel drops drop very close to each other, usually within the first 8 missions of the day after the fuel drop reset. Fuel drops reset every day around 00:00 GMT/UTC.

- Best zones for finding weapons are, in order: 1-gun store&military base, 2-security&police station, 3-street&park, 4-small street/highway/bridge, 5-suburban street/subway stations/prison/motels

After weapon zones are locked, the next best place to find weapons and gear is depots & warehouses. These also seem the best place to find violet books (looters), although this is speculation as well.

• Offices and police stations are the best places to find books (lot of desks), followed by the bookcases of residences to a lesser degree.

• One man’s trash only reduces your chance to find junk (Wire Hanger, etc) and not items of low quality.

• Scavenger present in a mission gives a little bit more chance to find items (role explanation in survivor panel)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pure speculation for us all to elaborate:

· Very High auto missions have a little bit higher chance for blue and better items

· Manual missions seem to have a bit more chance to find blue and better items

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strategies:

If you haven’t found uniques or rares for a while, there’s no specific strategy for you to find one except for increasing quality %(books) and doing a lot of missions. As anyone that knows a bit of statistics, if the chance to get something is say 0.25% you are “entitled” to get it after 400 tries (100/0.25). This is obviously in the long run, when the number of experiments goes towards infinite. This doesn’t mean you WILL find an unique after the example number of 400 items found, some people will find two in two missions, others will see a month and 2k missions go by and won’t. Each try is independent to previous results. Just don't lose hope and continue running missions.

My tip is to trade the items you no longer use for looters and obviously allways use a 4% permanent shiny. And don’t pass the 20-25(?) soft cap of increased quality % as it will make little impact after said number.

Once you’ve found a unique, if you’re after a specific item (like a long rifle around your level), stop looting for 24h or unequip your Ooh shiny if you still want to play for exp. The last thing you want is to run low level zones with penalty “to try to find a bandolier”, find a lvl15 unique weapon and then have 48h of penalty time in which you are basically “doomed” towards finding a LR of your level.

If, for example, you are not going to play the next two days and you've found an unique, ofcourse continue looting as you could be lucky more times.

If you find a unique in a mission and stop playing, don’t run that same mission next day immediately when it unlocks! That would be 23h later, and you’d still have 1hour of penalty. Obviously don’t waste temporary quality%books before the penalty time has ran out.

Sum the 24hour penalty for each item you find. If you find (uniques) item A at 16:00 and item B at 20:00, you are going to have reduced chance until two days later at 20:00. This can keep going on and on, with people finding 10 uniques in 4 days and then going through 7+ days with barely seeing any amount of purples/blues (but still 0.00000000000000001% possible to find another uni^^).

It would be great if CON would fully explain how the system works, however that would be asking for much :).

Everybody share your experiences ! But please keep in mind that, in order to make this as accurate as possible, everything has to have a decent amount of results observed. Just because someone found two uniques on his first day in this game that doesn’t mean that’s the norm.

Edited by skream89, 04 July 2014 - 06:01 PM.

skream89

skream89
  • 79 posts

Reserved.

Nephy

Nephy
  • 302 posts
Great info in general - just wanted to point out that you left out military bases when listing places to find weapons! ;)

INoEmo

INoEmo
  • 393 posts

• Scavenger present in a mission gives a little bit more chance to find blue and better items (role explanation in survivor panel)

This is untrue, a scavenger gives you a 2% chance for finding items, of any quality.  Like a furious search.

skream89

skream89
  • 79 posts

Thanks for pointing out guys!

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

im not sure about the fuel thing taking away from unis... ive found unis with my fuel before...but otherwise these are all things that have been shared before... the only other thing I might add to this is morale. keep your morale as sky high as possible. if you still get morale tasks don't turn them down... they are a huge boon from my experience.. I always do a set or two of "warm up" missions to regain my missions completed and food/water stocks morale.... kinda like starting up your car and letting it run a minute... prime your uni machine first... coincidentally because I do warm ups before uni looting I almost always get my daily fuel and boxes before I get unis... that's purely cause of the function of the game and how I play. ive generally found most of my success running my perm shiny and either FS or timed leading for a distance.

Edited by Hatchford, 04 July 2014 - 06:36 PM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

Fuel does not decrease your chance of getting a unique

Personally speaking, and as Kong player with no access to the DMU, When I find a unique (every 6-9 days or so), about 50% of the time I'm finding fuel on same mission.

Charlie

Charlie
  • 207 posts

Con stated fuel drops dont affect item drops at all. While he is surprisingly often wrong about his own game, i tend to believe that,

skream89

skream89
  • 79 posts

im not sure about the fuel thing taking away from unis... ive found unis with my fuel before...but otherwise these are all things that have been shared before... the only other thing I might add to this is morale. keep your morale as sky high as possible. if you still get morale tasks don't turn them down... they are a huge boon from my experience.. I always do a set or two of "warm up" missions to regain my missions completed and food/water stocks morale.... kinda like starting up your car and letting it run a minute... prime your uni machine first... coincidentally because I do warm ups before uni looting I almost always get my daily fuel and boxes before I get unis... that's purely cause of the function of the game and how I play. ive generally found most of my success running my perm shiny and either FS or timed leading for a distance.

I didn't say taking away from unis, i said taking away from items. You can find 7 items + 3 fuel drops and those 7 items be 7 uniques (lifetime event^^)

Survivor tasks give fuel now, not morale

Edited by skream89, 06 July 2014 - 02:57 PM.

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

survivor tasks give fuel at all levels now?!? .... that sucks.... I really did like that +25 morale.....

INoEmo

INoEmo
  • 393 posts

survivor tasks give fuel at all levels now?!? .... that sucks.... I really did like that +25 morale.....

How is that a bad thing?  I'll take 15 fuel over 25 morale any day of the week.

Alamat

Alamat
  • 155 posts

How is that a bad thing?  I'll take 15 fuel over 25 morale any day of the week.

Morale plays a very important role both in raiding and looting, that's why I started a thread asking if Con intended to totally replace morale rewards with fuel rewards.

Before, when moral reward was still existing, my survivor morale can go as high as 175, which is really, really useful during raids.

BlackBear

BlackBear
  • 145 posts

Morale plays a very important role both in raiding and looting, that's why I started a thread asking if Con intended to totally replace morale rewards with fuel rewards.

Before, when moral reward was still existing, my survivor morale can go as high as 175, which is really, really useful during raids.

Indeed. Could have an option of choosing one of them, though. I mean, 10~20 is useful for some people, and +25 morale for other people.

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

I would take +25 morale over 30 fuel during the item boost rounds no questions asked..... anyone who thinks morale is a minuscule thing is very wrong.

Migueldofly

Migueldofly
  • 53 posts

Great info. Thanks for the post. On a Completely unrelated note: Why don't Military Bases have the Gun icon?

Rick

Rick
  • 7 posts

Great info. Thanks for the post. On a Completely unrelated note: Why don't Military Bases have the Gun icon?

Maybe because they are like stores, if you notice Military bases have lot of ammo I mean,if you are fully depleted you can load your storage in one single run, considering you are doing at least 2, say Military and a street at the same time. While on a store you do find other stuff but its mainly for Boxes. So Military bases are more focused on Ammo than guns but you can additionally find guns.

BlackBear

BlackBear
  • 145 posts

Anyone knows if the level of the Leader of other survivors influence on the loot?

FlipRay

FlipRay
  • 21 posts

Question: Based on your expereinces does the cap/chances of finding quality be reliant on IP address?

During last looting round I used my main + a lvl 50 alt on looting with 15% looter/9% shinny both.

I found 1 uni a day on 2 accounts. this is after 50+ missions on both. Not an evidence but Im thinking and asking as well, Is the IP address affecting your Daily chances of finding Uniques? What's your expereinces on this?

Thanks! and cool thread OP!

skream89

skream89
  • 79 posts

I have no idea. I would think it's separate for each account, but don't know at all.

FlipRay

FlipRay
  • 21 posts

- There is a penalty to the chance of finding rare/unique items after you find one (the second roll succeeding) http://forum.conarti...age-6#entry2590 . There also is (just speculation) somewhat a penalty to finding blue/purples. The second roll success penalty seems to be 24 hours ( http://forum.conarti...dds/#entry47961 ) FOR EVERY UNIQUE and it adds up, so if you find two uniques in a mission you are going to be looking at two days of reduced chance. During this period you can still find uniques, although you have a much lower chance than the base chance: some people have found 6 uniques in a day; this is like the lottery, still possible to win again but less likely). And that lesser likelyhood lasts roughly 24h for each unique/rare found. (Speculation now) unique penalty affects rare finding %, but rares dropping do not affect unique finding %).

OK according to your exp what happens to this situation

day 01- found 3 rares 1 uni

so does that mean that i have like 4 days of straight low chances in looting??

or rares dont count in the success rate penalty every 24 hours?
Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Uniques, rares, looting, finding, items