Photo

"dead State"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Emnity

Emnity
  • 273 posts

Howdy guys, I was browsing games on Steam's Green Light function and came across an interesting game called "Dead State" "http://www.deadstate...roductions.com/ ."

It happens to be a zombie game where you're building a compound to survive, recruit survivors, are required to keep a supply of food and water, upkeep morale and go on looting runs for supplies. And while a lot of these elements could be considered common for a survival zombie game, there seems be a definite sense of these two games being a bit too similar for comfort. While I fully understand that just because the games have a similar name and key features doesn't mean there was any wrong doing going on, it just seemed a bit off.

Stg Jonny

Stg Jonny
  • 436 posts
Deadstate combat seems too slow pace for me. But I like that fact that once in a while u can find human enemy's, and the fact that they are trying to make zombies more realistic.

Marvin_

Marvin_
  • 33 posts

WOW, it looks really amazing, correct me if I'm wrong but ins't this an indie game? Dont hate on me because of my lack of knowledge.

I'm really willing to pay for this game, I'm totally going to buy it :3

Edited by Marvin_, 11 April 2013 - 02:16 AM.

Emnity

Emnity
  • 273 posts

Deadstate combat seems too slow pace for me. But I like that fact that once in a while u can find human enemy's, and the fact that they are trying to make zombies more realistic.

From what I've read, they're just now tuning combat so it may get better closer to release. I also like the "more realistic" zombies that they're going for. It looks pretty decent for being an indy game though, let's hope they price it right to be approachable.

*Edit, was looking a bit more and it seems the price is going to be 50$ for the reduced price preorder of the "deluxe" verison of the game. So it looks like they are trying to release a low res indy game at the same price range as a AAA developer title.

Edited by Emnity, 11 April 2013 - 02:56 AM.

Emnity

Emnity
  • 273 posts

WOW, it looks really amazing, correct me if I'm wrong but ins't this an indie game? Dont hate on me because of my lack of knowledge.

I'm really willing to pay for this game, I'm totally going to buy it :3

Nope, you're correct they're an indy developer. No reason to hate on you for not knowing about the game, as I said in my op I just found the game this evening myself. I'd be willing to pay for the game, if it's reasonable.

But I really wasn't trying to promote the game here, just pointing out the odd similarities between these two games.

Abrahami

Abrahami
  • 187 posts

Yes, through Greenlight many (indie developers) users can reach to big scenery with ease. That's two-way win for both sides, plus prices are modest for possibly second super game (ie. Minecraft, for example). And I agree, the concept is same, but are the mechanics?

ZOROSE

ZOROSE
  • 11 posts

wow looks class! I will be sure to try this game when it comes out, cheers for the info Emnity ;)