Con

Con
  • 4,276 posts

practice-mode.jpg

Raiding Practice mode is now live!

Here's how it works:

- Go to your map, you'll find the new raiding practice button on the HUD

- You are attacking your own compound, so you can set it up however you like

- Your defending survivors are replaced by plain clothed clones of your survivors

- There is NO return time

- There is NO ammo cost

- There is NO injuries to defenders or attackers

- There is NO sustained damage to buildings

- There is NO sustained disarming or triggering of traps

- Active Gear (grenades & smoke) used in Raid Practice is not consumed

- Scavenging is disabled

- Loadout and attack as normal

- You can only attack in practice mode with the survivors you have available

- Defending clones will be put in place regardless of what your real survivors are doing

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

I've always deeply wanted this, and nice icon. Edit: ( Lol, l messed up the date)

Edited by Dallas, 27 June 2014 - 05:19 AM.

HERC Commando

HERC Commando
  • 221 posts

awesome!

question: does no ammo cost include grenade and such?

cheers

Yes.

HERC Commando

HERC Commando
  • 221 posts

- Your defending survivors are replaced by plain clothed clones of your survivors

Like T-shirts and Jeans for the defenders? Or will there be a variety of clothing for them? Keep up the good work!

Davion Sharpeye

Davion Sharpeye
  • 35 posts

Nice one Con! Now this, this is what we like! :D

Demise

Demise
  • 8 posts

Thank you based Con

Steve

Steve
  • 216 posts

The 'defending' survivors are clones of your survivors (same role, stats, levels, etc), however all clothing accessories are removed and they are plain clothed (white hoodies and jeans). We refer to them as Dave.

The Insane Wood Fairy

The Insane Wood Fairy
  • 124 posts

So the replacement guys are called Dave? Thats interesting.

Dallas

Dallas
  • 1,454 posts

Nevermind, I skipped over that one. (I'm really tired)

Edited by Dallas, 27 June 2014 - 07:05 AM.

CyberJoe

CyberJoe
  • 53 posts

Will you be able to use practice mode with a white flag equipped or must it be removed first ? 

Red Leader

Red Leader
  • 200 posts

practice-mode.jpg

As promised, we're working on the Raiding Practice mode. It'll be ready for launch some time on July 1st, US Time. 

Here's how it works:

- There is NO ammo cost

- Scavenging is disabled

Con is it available for lvl 20 higher players or is it still for low level players?

Red Leader

Red Leader
  • 200 posts

Looks like this raiding practice can be tested if your defense against raiders is strong

skream89

skream89
  • 79 posts

Great!! thanks a ton !!

seriously great job on the game, it could perfetly be a 40$ nonflash-store game. Great development and great job on the dev part, working on bettering it week after week.

Next stop maybe a war rework?? :P

Charlie

Charlie
  • 207 posts

Very nice addition.

I know its too much too ask, but maybe consider ability to store more than one defensive setup too? It takes a lot of time to change working defence to one you want to test, and than back.

JCBecks

JCBecks
  • 272 posts

This is an amazing addition to this game. I know I'm not alone in offering my sincere appreciation to all involved with this update.

Thank you!

Ida Know

Ida Know
  • 17 posts

Was looking forward to this upgrade - Thanks Dev Team....Now about those Uni drop rates ;-)

skream89

skream89
  • 79 posts

Was looking forward to this upgrade - Thanks Dev Team....Now about those Uni drop rates ;-)

Ye please. I think the game got modified in such a way that uni drop rates are tweaked so they are not overwhelming with alliance quality item boost, therefore making droprates ridiculous without it. I know that for me and a big number of other players it's not even worth playing the rounds that there is no alliance quality boost (I mean, 5 days of sending auto missions (with DMU) on weaponzones only and most drops being black and green, rarely seeing a blue/purple drop...). Even the amount you can play is limited by the recycler..

I agree that the game must account for the DMU, however currently the DMU is taken into account in a way that drops are very low so you don't find many rares/uniques if you have dmu and alliance boost, which makes playing without such boost / without DMU impossible.

In my opinion, it should be the other way around. DMU should be a nice addition (after all, it's like "buying the game") so you see things drop even without the ally boost, not a requisite (together with the boost) to find something every now and then.

CON has said that the game is meant to be played with greens, with uniques being ocasional and very powerful. That's nice in theory, but we know for a fact that's not how the game works. Everybody has uniques and the game is at a point where if you don't have them, ....good luck in raids really. Therefore I think it shouldn't be impossible to find an unique without ally boost+dmu.

Just my opinion. Sorry if it's a bit offtopic though.

Edited by skream89, 27 June 2014 - 05:06 PM.

Bethrezen

Bethrezen
  • 14 posts

Great ! Now I can practice on raiding. I haven't do any raid yet, this is a good way to learn how.
Awesome job Dev, two thumbs up !

viper2203

viper2203
  • 116 posts

practice-mode.jpg

As promised, we're working on the Raiding Practice mode. It'll be ready for launch some time on July 1st, US Time. 

Here's how it works:

- There is NO ammo cost

- Scavenging is disabled

You didnt say anything about xp. will we still get that from practicing?

skream89

skream89
  • 79 posts

You didnt say anything about xp. will we still get that from practicing?

Pretty sure not. Otherwise you can just farm exp without return times etc, pretty ridiculous i suppose.