Photo

Reversed Recycler?

Recycler new buidling idea New Crafting

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Clocktower_Echos

Clocktower_Echos
  • 4 posts

I was looking through all of the random unused weapons and crafting material that had managed to collect in my inventory and I realized, "This is going to take forever to get rid of." Even though I only have a level 1 recycler, but most people will probably agree with me that spare parts and unused weapons have a tenancy of gathering in a player's inventory like hillbillies at a gun show.

So I came up with the idea of a reversed recycler, which I's calling the "rebuilder" so I don't go crazy typing "reversed recycler". How the Rebuilder would work is that you just chuck a whole bunch of stuff into it and then wait as it does it stuff. Once it's finished, it will give you a few options of weapons or schematics to choice from that will dictate what will become of the stuff inside of it. However, not all of the stuff is "properly used" (i.e. you could throw in gauze, and stuff to make both shoes and a med-kit and if it makes shoes, all of the stuff that could have become a med-kit is just wasted) and it requires fuel to actually make anything, if you don't give it fuel, all you can do it drool at your screen at the possible outcomes. And not each of the outcomes are a promised success. The level, quality and weapon its self determines the chances, you could have the possibility of making a normal kitchen knife, a green machete, or a purple hatchet (uniques cannot be built since they're... "unique"). The normal kitchen knife would basically always be a success, the green machete has a good chance of failing and the purple hatchet has a very high chance of failing.

There would also be a chance of a weapon getting a bonus as if it was crafted if one is put into the Rebuilder. Say you put in a level 10 G-18, machined parts, trigger system, etc., you could possible have that G-18 jump to level 15 and become a "Extended Scoped G-18" or some of that nature. But there's also a chance of you getting a .22 Lawson on drugs.

So instead of letting random weapons and parts pile up in your inventory, or wait hours for you recycler to process of you stuff or having to manually recycle each and every thing; you could chuck all of that 144 copper wire or 2400 plastic or 357 bits of leather into the Rebuilder and  (hopefully) get something worth while out of it. But if you don't like what you get, you can always tell the machine to scratch what ever weapons or schematics it had and just destroy the items inside.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

I'm not entirely sure how I would feel throwing plastic and bits of gauze in the machine and having an M-tar fall out the other end..

Clocktower_Echos

Clocktower_Echos
  • 4 posts

It wouldn't be like that. It would be more like throwing gauze, clothe, leather, string, and pockets and getting a choice between shoes and a med-kit of varying rareness. Or throwing a trigger system, a grip, some metal, a hand guard, machined parts, and a magazine and getting a choice between some SMG's or AR's.

The higher the quality and level, the more increased of a chance of it failing to produce the actual weapon/gear leaving you x-amount of fuel left than what you had before having the machine try and make said item.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

We already have this -- it's called crafting.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

OP, I have to ask a couple of questions;

Have you played the game and found that you can already create items using the crafting mechanic?

If you have played the game for a while, you will find that all your examples are useless to players above level 10-15. What level are you?

Are you on drugs? Seriously, how did you come up with an idea this bad??

Carbon Tuna

Carbon Tuna
  • 26 posts

We already have this -- it's called crafting.

^

Seriously, who comes up with these oh-so novel ideas?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Recycler, new, buidling, idea, New Crafting