Photo

Watchtower Suppression

watchtower suppression pvp raiding

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Dragonreaper

Dragonreaper
  • 4 posts

Ok, so I'm loving the new raiding practice that was recently put into the game. But I'm having a problem with it.

You see, I'll spawn my best equipped survivors (My leader, a fighter, an engineer, and 2 recons.) During the raid, I equipped my leader with The 2nd Amendment, my fighter with a CR553 (has some sort of bonus but I don't recall), my engineer with either a long barrel M4 or a chainsaw (chainsaw for destroying buildings), and one recon with a Vintage High Capacity Scoped M24 and the other with a Vintage Custom Action M24. So I'll start on the very top-left corner where they are just out of range of one of the watchtowers. I order all my survivors to suppress the tower (I do this so I can quickly suppress it and keep it suppressed as I move other survivors closer in on it.) So at that time I literally have all guns focused on the tower. However, the tower won't become suppressed and the sniper begins shooting at my survivors. At times, the tower can even hit and kill them. This is really bugging me because I'm trying to adjust my compound so I can hold off raiders (been attacked twice and both killed everyone) but whenever I try anything, my survivors can get 1 shotted by one of the watchtower snipers. It's extremely frustrating since whenever I get raided, they just destroy me and I can only kill maybe one of theirs.

So I need some help here.

Am I just not clicking on the right spot of the tower? I've clicked at its base, then in the "cabin", and directly at the survivor but nothing seems to be able to suppress it. There have been 1 or 2 times that I've managed to do it but I have no idea how I did.

Or is that suppression really only works if your survivors have the tower within the effective range? I don't think that one applies because I can suppress people behind sandbags just find, and keep them ducked down forever and they're more outside my effective range than the watchtower.

Any help would be greatly appreciated you guys.

On a side note, I noticed that when I'm suppressed, I can still take damage even behind good cover. I've checked and there's no one shooting at me from my sides or behind me. Is this a bug?

dumbjock123

dumbjock123
  • 929 posts

Ok, so I'm loving the new raiding practice that was recently put into the game. But I'm having a problem with it.

You see, I'll spawn my best equipped survivors (My leader, a fighter, an engineer, and 2 recons.) During the raid, I equipped my leader with The 2nd Amendment, my fighter with a CR553 (has some sort of bonus but I don't recall), my engineer with either a long barrel M4 or a chainsaw (chainsaw for destroying buildings), and one recon with a Vintage High Capacity Scoped M24 and the other with a Vintage Custom Action M24. So I'll start on the very top-left corner where they are just out of range of one of the watchtowers. I order all my survivors to suppress the tower (I do this so I can quickly suppress it and keep it suppressed as I move other survivors closer in on it.) So at that time I literally have all guns focused on the tower. However, the tower won't become suppressed and the sniper begins shooting at my survivors. At times, the tower can even hit and kill them. This is really bugging me because I'm trying to adjust my compound so I can hold off raiders (been attacked twice and both killed everyone) but whenever I try anything, my survivors can get 1 shotted by one of the watchtower snipers. It's extremely frustrating since whenever I get raided, they just destroy me and I can only kill maybe one of theirs.

So I need some help here.

Am I just not clicking on the right spot of the tower? I've clicked at its base, then in the "cabin", and directly at the survivor but nothing seems to be able to suppress it. There have been 1 or 2 times that I've managed to do it but I have no idea how I did.

Or is that suppression really only works if your survivors have the tower within the effective range? I don't think that one applies because I can suppress people behind sandbags just find, and keep them ducked down forever and they're more outside my effective range than the watchtower.

Any help would be greatly appreciated you guys.

On a side note, I noticed that when I'm suppressed, I can still take damage even behind good cover. I've checked and there's no one shooting at me from my sides or behind me. Is this a bug?

Personally, I never use the suppression function.  I just aim at the survivor and the suppression happens on it's own, particularly for a tower or small barricade where there's only 1 survivor that can be suppressed anyway.

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

I don't think you're clicking wrong. It takes some time to suppress the tower. The weapons you mentioned aren't very useful for suppression, be it because of their low range (CR) or their slow attack speed (M24).

Depending on your level I recommend FALs or PSGs for suppression. They have decent range and a fairly large magazine.

As Dumbjock pointed out: Don't bother with the suppression command on a single tower, just fire right at them. Maybe you'll even hit the defender with a lucky shot from afar. :)

Dragonreaper

Dragonreaper
  • 4 posts

Thanks guys. You really saved me a lot of heartache.

I just tried it out and it worked really well. Heck, I didn't even know you could kill someone in a tower without having to knock it down. I'm lvl 25 so my leader can use some FALs. Haven't found PSGs but I look forward to it.

Thanks again guys. I'm surprised I got answers already. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: watchtower, suppression, pvp, raiding