Photo

Compound Defense And Raiding Tips?

PvP Raiding Tips Defense Strategy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Dragonreaper

Dragonreaper
  • 4 posts

Ok, so I've been attacked by the same person 2-3 times already. This person has also made it an apparent goal of theirs to destroy all of my structures after they've killed my survivors. This is really getting irritating since I'm not equipped well enough to take them on. I'm level 27 and they're level 31 (32?). I'll manage to kill maybe one of their survivors with a lucky shot or a trap. I've checked out their compound and it's an entirely left sided defense (tons of barricades tightly packed, resources within field of fire, and 3 watchtowers right next to each other, etc.) So how am I supposed to approach this? It seems like with my survivors, I'll never be able to take them down, especially those 3 watchtowers right next to each other.

As for defense, anyone have any ideas? I watched some guy's video on compound defense and tried one of his ideas, but it failed miserably. The idea was to equip all survivors with snipers and pack them into a small "pill box". Except for 3, which would be in watchtowers. It seemed like a good idea because 10 M-24s against 5 attackers would just be a blood bath. If one was getting attacked, everyone would fire back. 

So in short, I need help with attacking and defending against players. I'm leaving for military training in the next 8 days and I want my compound to be next to impenetrable. I will of course leave my resource building empty so no one would benefit from raiding anyway.

So any tips? 

dumbjock123

dumbjock123
  • 929 posts

Here's a way you can raid successfully while outgunned.  It takes some practice to get the angles right, but with practice you can beat just about any 1 sided wonder.  It's a finesse strategy because going 5v10 while outgunned is futile.  This strategy isolates individuals so it's a series of 5v1/2 fights. The key is to get them suppressed quickly and keep shooting the same person until he's dead, then move a few feet over to the next person.

annaclara

annaclara
  • 1 posts

i actuallu got impressed like how you hvae told that you hvae been playing the game.

Verbannon

Verbannon
  • 121 posts

Went on my first raid in an attempt to collect a bounty. Well I guess its a one side wonder. Everything he had defensively was on one side. And all his people were there. I spawned close to the one side wonder figuring I would need to attack it head on. When I noticed his three towers had two recons and his leader in them. And his leader as in the tower closest to the road. I was able to focus all my fire on his leader in the tower while staying outside the range of his other people. His leader went down and I left. Collecting the ten fuel.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PvP, Raiding, Tips, Defense, Strategy