Character Animations

animation character characters movement idle animation

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Gwairen

Gwairen
  • 27 posts

Double post. Deleted.

Edited by Gwairen, 08 May 2013 - 10:23 AM.

Dead Generations

Dead Generations
  • 1,076 posts

Lol, i remember Sims...

Good idea as it seems, but it would be hard on the PC so, probably in the farther future.

Wait, how exactly would idle animations be hard on the PC?

Freedom Fighter

Freedom Fighter
  • 168 posts

I made a post like this but i called it day- day activities. But u put a lot of thought into it. Maybe they could also play catch with those old footballs we find sometimes. They could also be cleaning around the base and, just if theres ever a way to have a few zombie corpses on the ground after a raid, burning the coprses.(not to be dark or evil, just thats the most resonable way to get rid of zombie bodies). Or they could also be up in the towers keeping watch and cleaning their weapons. And they could also be washing their cloths at the wash station

I wish Con would respond to this i wanna see what he thinks 

But u got my vote. U should take a look at my post http://forum.conarti...day-activeties/

Gwairen

Gwairen
  • 27 posts

Wait, how exactly would idle animations be hard on the PC?

I think what he meant was that it's gonna take up more memory to process and thus load the flash player more.

I made a post like this but i called it day- day activities. But u put a lot of thought into it. Maybe they could also play catch with those old footballs we find sometimes. They could also be cleaning around the base and, just if theres ever a way to have a few zombie corpses on the ground after a raid, burning the coprses.(not to be dark or evil, just thats the most resonable way to get rid of zombie bodies). Or they could also be up in the towers keeping watch and cleaning their weapons. And they could also be washing their cloths at the wash station

I wish Con would respond to this i wanna see what he thinks 

But u got my vote. U should take a look at my post http://forum.conarti...day-activeties/

Thanks! I am glad you liked the idea. I read your post and, if you don't mind, will add some things to the list.

Freedom Fighter

Freedom Fighter
  • 168 posts

I think what he meant was that it's gonna take up more memory to process and thus load the flash player more.

Thanks! I am glad you liked the idea. I read your post and, if you don't mind, will add some things to the list.

yay i helped lol

Gwairen

Gwairen
  • 27 posts

yay i helped lol

Help is always welcome, so a gratitude is on me! =)

Plus upping the topic a bit.

Xander Kross

Xander Kross
  • 228 posts

That might take too much time .Con already has to battle Australia's wild life everyday to get to work. That's why there is only 4 people,the rest were eaten by dingos and carnivorous kangaroos.

Dude, you just made my day. Seriously, be a comedian or something.

...Then again, it's probably because I'm tired.

Abrahami

Abrahami
  • 187 posts

+support

Because.

Con took way too huge bite in gaming and now people must suggest filling to the potentially awesome game, to compensate gameplay.

And I'm exaggerating, because current survivors resembles more that of a zombie than a human right now.

That's why you don't do 4*2 arms' work on Unity- or any more powerful engine, in that matter.

Just sayin'.

Gwairen

Gwairen
  • 27 posts

+support

Because.

Con took way too huge bite in gaming and now people must suggest filling to the potentially awesome game, to compensate gameplay.

And I'm exaggerating, because current survivors resembles more that of a zombie than a human right now.

That's why you don't do 4*2 arms' work on Unity- or any more powerful engine, in that matter.

Just sayin'.

Thanks for the support! I appreciate it and am glad that the animation ideas appeal to you!

Marvin_

Marvin_
  • 33 posts

>Implying Con will ever look around this parts

>Implying Con give a shit about user made ideas

>Chance of 0.1/10 to get a reply from Con in a idea topic

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,647 posts

Here take my like

Filthy_McBrains

Filthy_McBrains
  • 298 posts

I don't know about the new forums, but Con was quite good about reading the old forums and giving user feedback. I was actually the person who suggested shorting the area cool down times from 24 hours to 22-23, and Con instituted it.

tangytoby

tangytoby
  • 668 posts

Con actually replied to a few topics.

Gwairen

Gwairen
  • 27 posts

Well, thern let's hope that he gets time to look at this one!

The_Dcube

The_Dcube
  • 18 posts
Cmon. Sent this idea to con on Twitter.

Gwairen

Gwairen
  • 27 posts

Thing is, I am not registered on Twitter and won't (for various reasons) do that to post an idea. So if someone is willing to share it with him via that system, you're welcome to do so and I'd be grateful.

PeterTehDumb

PeterTehDumb
  • 1,634 posts

A little suggestion of mine maybe?

Some of the compounds we build might be covered up with the barricades.

So maybe... climbing over barricades/slip through the gate without fully opening it?

Edited by PeterTehDumb, 28 May 2013 - 09:12 PM.

WalkerSniper

WalkerSniper
  • 422 posts

This would add more life to the compounds. I'd say con should add these slowly overtime as this is a neat but trivia idea.

Gwairen

Gwairen
  • 27 posts

A little suggestion of mine maybe?

Some of the compounds we build might be covered up with the barricades.

So maybe... climbing over barricades/slip through the gate without fully opening it?

Definitely an interesting idea. It would also bring some new tactical ways during raids.

The Architect

The Architect
  • 2,995 posts

What about human-emotion simulation as well?

After all you can't exactly like everything as well as dislike everything about someone. Some survivor may argue, some may cheer or have fun, some may have lovey-dovey like kissing, hugging.

Also make the tendency of the "Working" animations tied with the morale, higher morale means that they are most likely to perform personal animations or just laze around. Lower morale indicates that there work still needed to be done, thus "Working" animations are played much more frequently.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: animation, character, characters, movement, idle animation