Photo

Character Animations

animation character characters movement idle animation

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Gwairen

Gwairen
  • 27 posts

What about human-emotion simulation as well?

After all you can't exactly like everything as well as dislike everything about someone. Some survivor may argue, some may cheer or have fun, some may have lovey-dovey like kissing, hugging.

Also make the tendency of the "Working" animations tied with the morale, higher morale means that they are most likely to perform personal animations or just laze around. Lower morale indicates that there work still needed to be done, thus "Working" animations are played much more frequently.

An interesting suggestion indeed! I dont know if it's gonna be easy or even possible to implement, but the idea is very tempting!

PeterTehDumb

PeterTehDumb
  • 1,634 posts

After all you can't exactly like everything as well as dislike everything about someone. Some survivor may argue, some may cheer or have fun, some may have lovey-dovey like kissing, hugging.

Also make the tendency of the "Working" animations tied with the morale, higher morale means that they are most likely to perform personal animations or just laze around. Lower morale indicates that there work still needed to be done, thus "Working" animations are played much more frequently.

Animations that involves morale, I like it. +1

Xander Kross

Xander Kross
  • 228 posts

I like this as well. Definitely giving it one of my daily +1s.

The_Dcube

The_Dcube
  • 18 posts
From Con: Totally possible, but it's something that doesn't affect core gameplay and at the moment that's all we're really concentrating on.

Septone

Septone
  • 16 posts

Wait a minute this my suggestion to Con from GetSatisfaction. Look: https://getsatisfact...nimations-8bbkm. But anyway I agree with the animations of course!

Gwairen

Gwairen
  • 27 posts

Wait a minute this my suggestion to Con from GetSatisfaction. Look: https://getsatisfact...nimations-8bbkm. But anyway I agree with the animations of course!

Frankly, I have not visited GetSatisfaction, so I can honestly say that I didn't copy or steal your idea. We were just thinking about the same aspects that can improve the game.

dzaniuk

dzaniuk
  • 7 posts

Fantastic Idea +1

Gwairen

Gwairen
  • 27 posts

Fantastic Idea +1

I am glad you like it! Let's hope it will get implemented sooner or later.

rexel141

rexel141
  • 146 posts

Reminds me of Runescape good times i'd love to see animations again doing a dance giving the zombies a raspberry playing an air guitar pretending to be the most evil, a mime! perhaps some could be controlled? like well the ones i mentioned for example. clicking on animations and getting your survivors to start..... RANDOM DANCING! YEAH YEAH YEAH COME ON! YEAH YEAH COME ON!

Gwairen

Gwairen
  • 27 posts

Reminds me of Runescape good times i'd love to see animations again doing a dance giving the zombies a raspberry playing an air guitar pretending to be the most evil, a mime! perhaps some could be controlled? like well the ones i mentioned for example. clicking on animations and getting your survivors to start..... RANDOM DANCING! YEAH YEAH YEAH COME ON! YEAH YEAH COME ON!

A very interesting idea! I am unsure, though, how much effort is it going to require opposed to random animations. But this could be a very coll feature nevertheless.

BlackBear

BlackBear
  • 145 posts

Lol, i remember Sims...

I would say that I thought about The Sims when I started to play.

Actually the Survivors already check traps and some buildings, and in the first time that I saw it I liked a lot. 

IMO, it's a nice idea, but having not having that much animations.

Implementing the idea of a Recon using binoculars, it could happen before a horde comes at the Compound. I mean, something like the Recon climbs the tower and alerts the others: "A huge waves of zombies are coming".

About morale, it would be just awesome, but would Con make the game so close to Sims? 

Gwairen

Gwairen
  • 27 posts

Well, Sims have much more micromanagement. That's why I offered to make such animations random without actually forcing the user to participate. True, some might like it, so perhaps there can be a consensus and some kind of sustem that allows you to control the emotions and animations of your survivors, but it should be optional. It would seem only fair.

Tiffany_Kato

Tiffany_Kato
  • 5 posts

this thing should be approved, i find the dz survivors unrealistic. how can you live with other people without even talking to them? seriously?

Revenant

Revenant
  • 437 posts

there is an issue with that addition.

To enable animations for survivors means they need to be at the compound and for that to happen you can't be playing the game (no missions, bounties or raiding). During our playing time the survivors don't have much time to remain idle in the compound (as we are always bossing them around missions and raids). This means that even if we had this addition tomorrow, people would be able to contemplate the animations only between very quick breaks during game-play .... its really worth the scripting and modeling effort ?

I would like to be able to do something while the survivors are *away* in their missions. Something just to help pass time when i am low on fuel and can't speed up their return. here is an idea:  Make few of the animations player interactable. And enable some NPC survivor's that always remains in the compound, you can't send those npc's in missions/raids as they can't leave the base, they could be considered regular survivors that found their way into your base along the years. If that's implemented it would have other benefits besides passing time. Those survivors, let us say 5 of them, could remain in the compound and defend it from raiders and zombies while the alpha team is away.  

Edited by Revenant, 15 April 2015 - 06:53 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: animation, character, characters, movement, idle animation