Photo

Reputation?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

HERC Commando

HERC Commando
  • 221 posts

So, I have +14 reputation and titled "Good" on my profile. I know that you can't view other profiles, but do you get some sort of benefit when you're good? And if there is, what happens when you get negative reputation?

Edit: Double space and not working link.

Edited by HERC Commando, 30 July 2014 - 09:36 PM.

Cybertraxx

Cybertraxx
  • 272 posts

Honestly i have no idea, i always thought it was for if something had happen and con had to decide to ban you or not from the forums.

The reason i thought this is because per-say if someone had 100 downvotes and was clogging up the forums with useless things and were breaking the forum rules then it'd be easy for con to decide.

On the other hand maybe if someone had 100+ upvotes and did something forum ban-worthy then maybe they'd get a shorter ban depending on what they did.

Also i should note this is just a best GUESS i have no way to back this up or anything, but that's my best guess.

dumbjock123

dumbjock123
  • 929 posts

The Dev team are the only ones who can see them.  So either they use them internally or it's just part of the BBoard they're using and really means nothing.

Con

Con
  • 4,275 posts

We use them internally as an aid for moderation, nothing more. 

We hid them from other users intentionally as we've found that showing reputation ends up being a pissing contest between users.