Photo

How To Use Medic's Enemy Info

medic pvp enemy info

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

latech2012

latech2012
  • 169 posts

Since we will be introduced to a new injury system soon, I thought of a way to use the Medic's Enemy Info.

In PvE, when the medic is out in the DZ, any zombies within his/her's LOS, would have their health bar displayed above them, similar to how the barricades are form and all. This only works for the medic's LOS, not the other survivors unless its the Leader. The higher the attribute is, the farther he/she can see.

In PvP, same rules apply but with new mechanics. Similar to how survivors can suppress, scavenge or melee barricades, by pressing the space button and right-clicking, the Leader/Medic would 'scan' the enemy survivor for vital information. That information could include how much health remaining, any minor/major injuries,(maybe what weapon and gear they have equipped, and Identifying the Leader, I don't know...sounds OP, just putting it out there, moving on) Now once that enemy is scanned, their portrait is either placed above your own survivors portraits or on either side on the bottom for quick reference. Again, enemy survivors can only be scan if they are in the Leader's/Medic's LOS. If your Leader/Medic were in a raiding party and they scan a couple of enemies, but now they are dead, that info is gone. Now let's say you have both the Leader and Medic in your raiding party and they both scan equal number of enemies. If one of them were to die, any info about the enemies that they have scan, is gone and you can't use it, you would have to re-scan with the other one. The higher the attribute, the faster the scan is and the farther they can activate it. 

I believe this would give the Medic more value to bring along raids and to play more strategically as to keeping them alive and in the back of the front lines, so to speak.

If they are any questions or any points that need clarifying, don't be afraid to post your concerns. If you want to add or tweak this idea, don't just post also give valid points. Thank you.

Edited by latech2012, 11 April 2013 - 03:34 AM.

Anderill

Anderill
  • 187 posts

This sounds good, could be close to what they are planning, at least health-bar wise.

Chaosticket

Chaosticket
  • 165 posts

You really want to bring clerics to the front lines?

How often do White mages do in the front. You have warriors(fighters) and berserkers(engineers) to fight the front for you. after them are the rangers(recon).

=======================

Really this is another overcomplicated idea. You dont need to know specific injuries, just what health is so you can kill a low hp target quicker. In PVE your survivors auto-aim, and unless you spread them out to often, group attack. They kill a target in 1second.

the health-bar is at least a minor improvement. Its really just a  copy of the Awareness perk from Fallout.

If anyone can think of an improvement to the Medic other than just buffing stats, id like to see. For now a shooty/tough medic is what id like to see.

Kuronishen

Kuronishen
  • 545 posts

Someone in one of my previous threads mentioned that enemy info might be useful for increasing the chances of a critical hit for other survivors. That would be a pretty awesome offensive boost for making medics useful.

Cytroghost

Cytroghost
  • 144 posts

So the Medic needs Eagle Eyes like the Recon to determine the enemies certainly, according to your ideas, the LOS (Idk what the hell is LOS) !

But the LOS can sharply increase if the Medic stands close to the Recon, so that you don't have to approach closely but still see the enemies' status ! How the Recon helps the Medic will be mentioned later ! This is just my added idea though !

--> Works with both PvE & PvP !

--> Very effective in Raiding !

About the Losing Information issues, No ! It won't go away ! Cuz' when you make the Medic inform everything about the enemies that he/she is able to, the other survivors/allies immediately know and get the details in their brain ! So in fact, they still know how the enemies are even the Medic is capacitated ! The VERY-IMPORTANT informations must be known by everyone (at least before he/she dies), not only the Medic like playing solo !

--> Informations still remain, but no longer be updated during the fights, if all "scanners" are down !

--> It's bullshjt that our heads suddenly hollow, isn't it ?

Edited by Cytroghost, 11 April 2013 - 06:29 AM.

Kuronishen

Kuronishen
  • 545 posts

So the Medic needs Eagle Eyes like the Recon to determine the enemies certainly, according to your ideas, the LOS (Idk what the hell is LOS) !

But the LOS can sharply increase if the Medic stands close to the Recon, so that you don't have to approach closely but still see the enemies' status ! How the Recon helps the Medic will be mentioned later ! This is just my added idea though !

About the Losing Information issues, No ! It won't go away ! Cuz' when you make the Medic inform everything about the enemies that he/she is able to, the other survivors/allies immediately know and get the details in their brain ! So in fact, they still know how the enemies are even the Medic is capacitated ! The VERY-IMPORTANT informations must be known by everyone, not only the Medic like playing solo !

--> Informations still remain, but no longer be updated during the fights, if all "scanners" are down !

LOS = Line Of Sight, AKA enemies that the medic can see.

Kuronishen

Kuronishen
  • 545 posts

About the Losing Information issues, No ! It won't go away ! Cuz' when you make the Medic inform everything about the enemies that he/she is able to, the other survivors/allies immediately know and get the details in their brain ! So in fact, they still know how the enemies are even the Medic is capacitated ! The VERY-IMPORTANT informations must be known by everyone, not only the Medic like playing solo !

LOS = Line Of Sight, AKA enemies that the medic can see.

Also, don't get around the swear filter by purposefully misspelling words. That's a no-no.

latech2012

latech2012
  • 169 posts

You really want to bring clerics to the front lines?

How often do White mages do in the front. You have warriors(fighters) and berserkers(engineers) to fight the front for you. after them are the rangers(recon).

=======================

Really this is another overcomplicated idea. You dont need to know specific injuries, just what health is so you can kill a low hp target quicker. In PVE your survivors auto-aim, and unless you spread them out to often, group attack. They kill a target in 1second.

the health-bar is at least a minor improvement. Its really just a  copy of the Awareness perk from Fallout.

If anyone can think of an improvement to the Medic other than just buffing stats, id like to see. For now a shooty/tough medic is what id like to see.

I know how to play RPG's. I'm not bringing the "Clerics" to the front lines, just along for the ride. Their only value in PvP is only healing, and even that is lessened by the fact the Leader can heal all the while being a better shooter. I'm not buffing out the "Cleric's" stats, he still a sucking shooter. Just giving him an ability and value like the "Berserker". The "Berserker" can take shots, knock down walls and disarm traps faster and more efficient than anyone, but he still sucks at shooting. You see what I'm doing. Also, when Con has the minor/major injuries implemented, I rather know who is the weakest and most vulnerable and take them out first. Maybe, we can "re-injured" that survivor and reset the negatives that come along with an injury. Again, that information can be optional if Con chooses to put it in.

Edited by latech2012, 11 April 2013 - 01:48 PM.

latech2012

latech2012
  • 169 posts

About the Losing Information issues, No ! It won't go away ! Cuz' when you make the Medic inform everything about the enemies that he/she is able to, the other survivors/allies immediately know and get the details in their brain ! So in fact, they still know how the enemies are even the Medic is capacitated ! The VERY-IMPORTANT informations must be known by everyone (at least before he/she dies), not only the Medic like playing solo !

I understand what you saying about the Recon and Medic combo, but I really can't see that happening. I would like to read your idea. Are they sharing the sniper scope? Unless Con puts in gear like telescopes/binoculars/range finders can't really see this happening, the combo I mean. About the information lost, I say that to only force raiders to thinks strategically. The Medic may be your HVA on the battlefield, so you would want to protect and not be cavalier with him. He goes down, enemy health bars go away. Also, watch your mouth, or hands.

latech2012

latech2012
  • 169 posts

Someone in one of my previous threads mentioned that enemy info might be useful for increasing the chances of a critical hit for other survivors. That would be a pretty awesome offensive boost for making medics useful.

Yeah I read that. Probably the idea is to have Medics have lower offensive output but very high chance of criticals(on enemy survivors, zombies don't care). If that's the point, maybe everyone would start pouring points into the Leader's medic attribute to make a fighter/medic hybrid. Good offensive output with good chance of crits.

Cytroghost

Cytroghost
  • 144 posts

I understand what you saying about the Recon and Medic combo, but I really can't see that happening. I would like to read your idea. Are they sharing the sniper scope? Unless Con puts in gear like telescopes/binoculars/range finders can't really see this happening, the combo I mean. About the information lost, I say that to only force raiders to thinks strategically. The Medic may be your HVA on the battlefield, so you would want to protect and not be cavalier with him. He goes down, enemy health bars go away. Also, watch your mouth, or hands.

Just emphasizing ! Sorry !

I agree with the Health bars lost, but the other informations about enemies also-vaporized issue is not ok ! The informations provided during raiding just need to be simple (but important though) ! Cuz' you see, at present, the defenders in the game just sit still and shoot, no tactical or strategy that need to be rightly predicted ! So all I want to say, "your" fact that other survivors lose memories doesn't make sense ! It's not hard to know and get it in mind !

===========================================================================

And... some questions !

1. What is "your" standard LOS ? 10m ; 15m ; 20m ; etc ?

--> Suppose the enemies have M24, how will you scan them ?

2. How much time does it take to scan a single survivor / zombie ?

--> Zombies are over crowded, some zombies run, ... Scanning in time is another problem (not even on time) !

3.  Why do you seperate the informations provided from The Medic & The Leader (or another Medic) ?

--> I feel like 2 Informants will create confusion !

4. All kinds of zombies are seen everyday (of the game) ! Do The Medic (or Leader) has to scan them.... again... and again ?

--> Greenish zombies, Bruisers, Military zombies, Bombsquads, ..... kill them everyday ! Argg.... !

5. Do you think about the Increase / Decrease of LOS through weapons ?

--> Holding M24 = Sight increase ; Holding Melee = Sight decrease ; for instance ?

The Recon & Medic combo... I don't know how... not yet !

latech2012

latech2012
  • 169 posts

Just emphasizing ! Sorry !

I agree with the Health bars lost, but the other informations about enemies also-vaporized issue is not ok ! The informations provided during raiding just need to be simple (but important though) ! Cuz' you see, at present, the defenders in the game just sit still and shoot, no tactical or strategy that need to be rightly predicted ! So all I want to say, "your" fact that other survivors lose memories doesn't make sense ! It's not hard to know and get it in mind !

===========================================================================

And... some questions !

1. What is "your" standard LOS ? 10m ; 15m ; 20m ; etc ?

--> Suppose the enemies have M24, how will you scan them ?

2. How much time does it take to scan a single survivor / zombie ?

--> Zombies are over crowded, some zombies run, ... Scanning in time is another problem (not even on time) !

3.  Why do you seperate the informations provided from The Medic & The Leader (or another Medic) ?

--> I feel like 2 Informants will create confusion !

4. All kinds of zombies are seen everyday (of the game) ! Do The Medic (or Leader) has to scan them.... again... and again ?

--> Greenish zombies, Bruisers, Military zombies, Bombsquads, ..... kill them everyday ! Argg.... !

5. Do you think about the Increase / Decrease of LOS through weapons ?

--> Holding M24 = Sight increase ; Holding Melee = Sight decrease ; for instance ?

The Recon & Medic combo... I don't know how... not yet !

To answer questions 1, 2 and 4, I have separated the Enemy Info to work differently from PvE and PvP. In PvE, the higher the attribute, the farther the Line Of Sight is. Also there is no need to scan zombies out in the DZ. The same reason why you don't bring Engineers to missions in the DZ, there are no traps to disarm. Any zombie is in the Medic's LOS or area of presence, the health bar is automatically above the zombie head.  For the sake of my idea(and the fact I can't come up with yet), the LOS is farther than the gun's effective range. The Medic doesn't shoot yet, but he is "auto-looking" in that direction. The only information about the zombie is its health bar.For PvP, the higher the attribute, the faster the scan. 

3. I wasn't trying to separate the information, I was trying to show how if one person goes down, any info they had is lost. If you want that info, you would have to re-scan, any enemies that original person had already. That was just a scenario. For example, one person may spawn one team of three member, including a Medic on one side of map and team 2 has a Leader. The Medic is able to scan 6 of the 10 survivors, but can't see the last 4. The Leader is in place and he scans the final four. The information that they scan for is for you, as the person playing the game to see and know, not for them, your survivors. Now, let's say that Leader is shot, info is now gone. The only way you can get that info now is to have your Medic make his way to his Leader's spot in order to scan the final four.

5. Honestly, my original idea for the Medic's LOS is to have infinite range, which is out right crazy. I have thought about before I wrote my idea down because if the Medic was holding a gun, then pressing space and left clicking would be suppression, while holding a weapon would cause them to run forward to knock down a wall. I have thought about it and I really can't give you an answer. Maybe, hopefully Con introduces telescopes/binoculars/range-finders as passive gear in the future. That is the only logical answer I can give you.

Kuronishen

Kuronishen
  • 545 posts

Yeah I read that. Probably the idea is to have Medics have lower offensive output but very high chance of criticals(on enemy survivors, zombies don't care). If that's the point, maybe everyone would start pouring points into the Leader's medic attribute to make a fighter/medic hybrid. Good offensive output with good chance of crits.

As with the "cleric" train of thought, the true power of something like that would be for the medic to provide the bonus to teammates, not necessarily for the medic to make the best use of the crit bonus. This would definitely make them a good "support" class.

latech2012

latech2012
  • 169 posts

As with the "cleric" train of thought, the true power of something like that would be for the medic to provide the bonus to teammates, not necessarily for the medic to make the best use of the crit bonus. This would definitely make them a good "support" class.

Yeah, I only use the word "cleric" to mock Chaosticket, so anyway the Medic is already a good support class but they can be better. If they were to use this idea, scanning enemy survivors would reveal pre-existing minor/major injuries that happen by healed by the rival. Now we don't know much of the injuries other than they will remove a section of health from the survivor. Would a minor/major injury have negative stats that come with it. For example, would a minor injury to head affect accuracy? We don't know. Also, with the whole Enemy Info and criticals, I really don't see that happening. 

Cytroghost

Cytroghost
  • 144 posts

Actually, the Critical chance is not based on the "Cleric" skill ! The chance should be for the Recons (for their sharp eyes) themselves ! They (or we - human) know which part of the flesh is the weakest ! Scan for what ? Sounds not logical at all !

--> I don't intend to give only The Recon the Critical Chance, too overpowered ! But what I want to say ... The Critical Chance should be for all survivors, with about 1 ~ 3 % chance !

3. I wasn't trying to separate the information, I was trying to show how if one person goes down, any info they had is lost. If you want that info, you would have to re-scan, any enemies that original person had already. That was just a scenario. For example, one person may spawn one team of three member, including a Medic on one side of map and team 2 has a Leader. The Medic is able to scan 6 of the 10 survivors, but can't see the last 4. The Leader is in place and he scans the final four. The information that they scan for is for you, as the person playing the game to see and know, not for them, your survivors. Now, let's say that Leader is shot, info is now gone. The only way you can get that info now is to have your Medic make his way to his Leader's spot in order to scan the final four.

Your answer to question 3 sound like ... You're using Microsoft Word (for 'bout 2 hours), suddenly the electrics is gone, and all informations in the Com is Gone with wind (without saving) ! Are you sure you won't swear : FFFFUUUUUU ?

Based on your answer, the survivors turned out to be.... Robots ! Seriously, it's like : the informants died --> lost connection ! What the hell ???

(Do they use any gadget to scan enemies ?)

I don't try to make this issue complicated, but the enemies info, The survivors know - You know , and contrast ! The difference between Medic/Leader and other survivors is : They can not analyze the info for themselves, but when spread, they keep the info in mind, and so do you ! 

And there's no need to run back to the medic's body to take his info ! Sounds too mechanically !

--> In brief, there's no relation between Known Info & Survivors' Death !

Edited by Cytroghost, 12 April 2013 - 05:40 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: medic, pvp, enemy info