Turn Plastic Into Fuel?

Fuel Plastic

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

HERC Commando

HERC Commando
  • 221 posts

Hello everyone,

If you are like me, you probably have 50,000 units of plastic hanging around in your inventory. There isn't much to use it for, and it's just sitting there being useless. So I propose that at around F.U.E.L. Generator level 3, a large amount of plastic can be used as raw material to be turned into fuel. Kind of like in this table

Level 1: N/A

Level 2: N/A

Level 3: 1,000

Level 4: 1,250

Level 5: 1,500

Level 6: 1,750

Level 7: 2,000

*You still get the option to use the wood/metal/cloth, plastic will just be an alternative.

Plastic is pretty useless as-is, and any account will burn through their already enormous stash in roughly a month (two months for long-time DZ players.)

And before I go, I'd like to mention that this idea was semi-inspired by this post -> http://forum.conarti.../?hl=helicopter

andonemaniac

andonemaniac
  • 41 posts
You do realize this idea has been brought up many times only to be gunned dead very quickly. Plastic will sadly have to remain useless for the time being. Suggestion on side note, what if you could use plastic to make the gene work a tad faster? I don't know how it would, just a thought.

Multri

Multri
  • 116 posts

Or plastic barricades lol. 

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

Better solution, make smoke bombs cheaper so raiders are more likely to use them?

Currently It takes 15 plastic to make one smoke bomb for 2 fuel.

Add a mass craft versions.

5 smoke bombs for 75 plastic and 8 fuel (1.6 fuel each)

-and-

10 smoke bombs for 150 plastic and 14 fuel (1.4 fuel each)

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

or how about four or five square 'plastic traps' to slow the zeds down? Think wire traps, but a crude, completely visible plastic variant that is simply designed to inconveniance an intruder on it. Good for one use before it's broken and needs to be remade, they could simply be left at crunch points in around the compound's perimeter. Whilst completely visible, they would offer something for raiders to avoid given whilst not causing any real harm they would slow them down enough to be a sitting target. Sort of thing. 

HERC Commando

HERC Commando
  • 221 posts

or how about four or five square 'plastic traps' to slow the zeds down? Think wire traps, but a crude, completely visible plastic variant that is simply designed to inconveniance an intruder on it. Good for one use before it's broken and needs to be remade, they could simply be left at crunch points in around the compound's perimeter. Whilst completely visible, they would offer something for raiders to avoid given whilst not causing any real harm they would slow them down enough to be a sitting target. Sort of thing. 

Not to say it's a bad idea, but for some reason I keep imagining barefoot raiders stepping on a patch of area full of spilled Lego bricks.

andonemaniac

andonemaniac
  • 41 posts

stepping on a patch of area full of spilled Lego bricks.

Sounds painful enough to me. Why not :P

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

Not to say it's a bad idea, but for some reason I keep imagining barefoot raiders stepping on a patch of area full of spilled Lego bricks.

Hahaha! I do now. Curse you :)

hank123321

hank123321
  • 62 posts

sounds gud but for level 2u get 500 level 1 u get100

Charles

Charles
  • 72 posts

yeah i think plastic traps and or defence could be interesting

chuy_charly

chuy_charly
  • 61 posts

as I remember reading that the plastic is only 10% oil.
so that the process of transformation would have to be based on this or a lower percentage to not overexploit

Nephy

Nephy
  • 302 posts

as I remember reading that the plastic is only 10% oil.
so that the process of transformation would have to be based on this or a lower percentage to not overexploit

What percentage of oil are wood, metal and cloth composed of? ;) real world logic doesn't apply here, game balance is the far more important aspect to be honest.

chuy_charly

chuy_charly
  • 61 posts

What percentage of oil are wood, metal and cloth composed of? ;) real world logic doesn't apply here, game balance is the far more important aspect to be honest.

you have a good point.
but even so that would give us a percentage resulted in hypothetically important plastic and with a decent use

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fuel, Plastic