Photo

Gameplay Improvements

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Revenant

Revenant
  • 437 posts

Compound management

1) update the recycler - I think there are several unnecessary "clicks" on stockpiled items every time we need to clear our inventory. In order to reduce micro-management (and that is the recycler's very purpose) I suggest when we first select the item to the recycler list it would automatically select the item's maximum quantity in  the popup screen selection screen. Also hotkey Enter to confirm the request. in short would be as below:

a - " i want to recycle 20 bottle caps" so i open the recycler and select bottle cap

b - the pc would bring the pop up window with 20 bottle caps, already selected.

c - I press enter to confirm and all the bottle caps are moved to the recycler list.

2) Survivor line of sight - If we could see the survivor line of sight when organizing our compound defense would be very useful. currently  we need to practice raid training several times until we are able to get the right spots. We also need to know what blocks the line of sight (Not sure but i think only  the compound walls does that.) 

ps - I am not sure if being able to see the line of sight in combat would be fair, i think it would open too much room for more exploits, so my suggestion is only related to the compound defense.

Combat Updates

1) review melee survivors A.I - do you know when your wounded melee survivor is near death and do you command them to retreat but instead of staying at the designated location they, almost instantly, return to the battle front. I would like that Player commands could overcome the AI in such cases. 

2) Clear selectables - when on raid, sometimes you want to select a certain building, usually located near one of the compound doors, but your survivor runs to the building in front or behind it ... and you just triggered few traps. So I suggest to highlight the item we are currently pointing at.

3) Reloading & Suppression - make the reloading survivor re-enter the suppression state once he is done with the reloading. Or perhaps suppression could delay the reloading action.

4) targeting select - Defensive survivors should initiate ranged combat when enemy enters line of sight and switch to another target if this new foe enters his weapon range

5) zombie mobs should have a chance of survival knockdown. if a survivor is rounded up by multiple zombies he would get a chance of being knocked down, leaving him vulnerable for the time he is down

Edited by Revenant, 07 August 2014 - 02:44 AM.

Revenant

Revenant
  • 437 posts

So many views and no replies. Don't be afraid folks ... comments are welcome.

Edited by Revenant, 06 August 2014 - 04:36 PM.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,177 posts

Compound:

1) - it already works this way, hold ctrl to send max items to the recycler.

2) - This was just discussed a few days ago.  It's not even halfway down the first page even.   As I said there, the only LOS blocking object is the compound building, and most people should be able to do a reasonable (if not perfect) estimate of what that is.   To make the effective range circle (currently just a simple overlay) behave like LOS would take a pretty substantial amount of code/work, which, considering the only LOS blocking object is the compound building itself, is not worth it.

Combat:

1) - As it works now, you're not telling your survivors to "retreat", you're only moving them to a new location.  This is why when you move them, they go right back to fighting, and if they're using melee, running back to the fight.    Having a "move and hold position", perhaps alt-click, wouldn't be a bad idea, but I can see people then complaining that their melee guys just stood there while their other survivors only a few squares away got mauled.  

2 & 3) - A raider would have answer these, I haven't raided recently or enough to really comment on these.   3 Sounds like it might be prone to exploitation, but I'm not really sure.

4) - Even I can see how this is a bad idea.   Raider places survivor 1 just outside effective range of defender but in LOS, so defender takes low chance of hitting potshots (especially since survivor 1 is using an armor with high projectile resist) leaving themselves completely exposed for survivor 2 to down.

5) - Not even completely sure what you're asking for here.

Con

Con
  • 4,152 posts

Thanks for the feedback. 

Survivors not holding their ground when their health is in the red is a bug. They originally did that, will have to look at the AI for that again.

Revenant

Revenant
  • 437 posts

Thanks for the feedback. 

Survivors not holding their ground when their health is in the red is a bug. They originally did that, will have to look at the AI for that again.

Glad to be of Service.

Compound:

1) - it already works this way, hold ctrl to send max items to the recycler.

Didn't know that. will help a lot, thanks.

2) - This was just discussed a few days ago.  It's not even halfway down the first page even.   As I said there, the only LOS blocking object is the compound building, and most people should be able to do a reasonable (if not perfect) estimate of what that is.   To make the effective range circle (currently just a simple overlay) behave like LOS would take a pretty substantial amount of code/work, which, considering the only LOS blocking object is the compound building itself, is not worth it.

indeed it would require some work, but it would also upgrade the game to another level, tactically speaking. but well, up to Dev team to check if its worth the effort. 

Combat:

4) - Even I can see how this is a bad idea.   Raider places survivor 1 just outside effective range of defender but in LOS, so defender takes low chance of hitting potshots (especially since survivor 1 is using an armor with high projectile resist) leaving themselves completely exposed for survivor 2 to down.

I doubt it would be as easily exploitable as you say. Remember that when survivor two enters in effective range he will get shot ... probably before being able to shoot because AI is faster than human command.

5) - Not even completely sure what you're asking for here.

I meant if a survivor is rounded up by multiple zombies he would get a chance of being knocked down, leaving him vulnerable for the time he is down. Zombies currently don't have the ability to knockdown survivors, they can only disrupt reloading or scavenging ... if zombie knockdown is implemented mission combat would be more challenging. [edited the main post to make the knockdown idea clear]

Edited by Revenant, 07 August 2014 - 02:43 AM.

Northdude

Northdude
  • 31 posts

with regards to the compound/ recycler

I did not know ctlr worked here. good to know.

I would like to add a settings for confirmations.

e.g. disposing chests, recycling, and using fuel should have a confirmation setting that you should be able to change in settings.

So e.g. i would disable to confirmation on chests and recycling but would turn ON a confirmation button on ANY fuel use!.

just wasted another bit of fuel on speeding something up i thought was for free. It should have a setting so people can choose. because many feel popups are.. annoying, but it does help new players not to be so quick.

El Cid

El Cid
  • 16 posts

(This is not really on topic, but I don't find a topic on the subjects)

Is there some button to leave the Survivor screen?  Other than the "X" in the upper right corner, which takes one out of the game.

I've been asking this question for over a year, with no answer.   I suspect that there is a button, but the ad bar covers it.

Is there some Apply button for changes to Survivor equipment?   Most of the times I change Survivor equipment the changes don't stick.

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 541 posts

(This is not really on topic, but I don't find a topic on the subjects)

Is there some button to leave the Survivor screen?  Other than the "X" in the upper right corner, which takes one out of the game.

I've been asking this question for over a year, with no answer.   I suspect that there is a button, but the ad bar covers it.

There is no other button on my knowledge. Also, what "ad bar" are yo talking about?

Is there some Apply button for changes to Survivor equipment?   Most of the times I change Survivor equipment the changes don't stick.

To equip something, all you need to do is to click in the appropriate slot and select the item you want to equip from the screen that will appear. once you selected a valid item, it will be equipped and that window will close automatically. It's the same process for weapons, gear, active gear, accessories, and clothing.

perhaps you should post some screenshots to see what the problem is.

El Cid

El Cid
  • 16 posts

The ad bar is the vertical bar on the right side of my screen which advertises other games,   (On my screen, anyway).  Isn't one on your screen?  No way to get rid of it that I know of.  Probably a Facebook feature, and you access the game direct from your server?

As for equipping survivors, I'm well acquainted with the procedure you list.  Problem is that items often don't stick to the little boxes.  Not much to show in a screen shot, or even 2 screen shots. 3 screen shots?   Before change,  At change.  And back to original item when on the combat screen?

How do you leave the Survivor screen, if not via the upper right corner "X"?

Lana Woo

Lana Woo
  • 541 posts
That bar is not normal, and it definitely shouldn't cover any part of the game area. I play from ArmorGames, so I couldn't say much about Facebook. Have you tried installing an adblocker or playing in fullscreen?

As for the equipping thing, I have no idea what the problem could be, short of a strange bug.

And no, there is no other way to exit the survivor selection screen, since it would be pointless to make two buttons with the same function. As I said before, that adbar shouldn't be there, so you really need to get rid of it.

El Cid

El Cid
  • 16 posts

Lana Woo:

An ad bar is standard on most Facebook games.  Ad blocker doesn't work on it.  Other games, full screen is one way past it, but in Last Stand full screen gives me only a narrow vertical view that won't scroll or move.  = worthless.   In short, no solution to my problems.