Photo

Kong Beacon Challenge: Do You Need Help?

beacon community kongregate

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Duemellon

Duemellon
  • 45 posts

With 3 days left we only have 33% completed.

Who out there is playing Kong and needs some parts? Write me. Contact me. Heck, contact others, I'll give you some parts.

JamesNg2

JamesNg2
  • 82 posts

Its time to face a painful but obvious reality - Kong is not going to make it no matter what players do.  Either 1) The % is based on a total amount and that gives facebook and armor an advantage since they have a greater number of people playing.  2)  Kong players are particularly apathetic to the task.  3)  The DMU on armor and facebook has somehow contributed to their dominance.

My best advice to other Kong players is to stop wasting their fuel trading beacon parts for a reward that will most likely never be collected.  50 fuel isn't that big a deal anyways.

Duemellon

Duemellon
  • 45 posts

Its time to face a painful but obvious reality - Kong is not going to make it no matter what players do.  Either 1) The % is based on a total amount and that gives facebook and armor an advantage since they have a greater number of people playing.  2)  Kong players are particularly apathetic to the task.  3)  The DMU on armor and facebook has somehow contributed to their dominance.

My best advice to other Kong players is to stop wasting their fuel trading beacon parts for a reward that will most likely never be collected.  50 fuel isn't that big a deal anyways.

You get those weapons "in defense of the beacon". That's what I want.

Arthur_Bishop

Arthur_Bishop
  • 227 posts

I personally hopped on my alt on Kong and did up the task real quick. It literally took thirty minutes to an hour, and it gave me a chance to experience low-level play with all the recent updates in place. So I'm asking everybody who has a main out in Armor Games or Facebook to just really quick take the time to make an alt over at Kong, and do the task up really quickly. The increased part drops make it a cinch. http://www.kongregat...stand-dead-zone

And I tells ya, those level ~10 guys have it way harder than me. My condolences out to you guys.

UglyStamps

UglyStamps
  • 314 posts

I'm more curious if kongregate has the same number of contribution as Armor/Facebook,

i;e: Kongregate needs 500 players to participate, Armor/Facebook needs 500 players to participate.

If this is the case kongregate needs less players to participate then armor/facebook.

And i hope in the future for kongregate, they add a few badges to attract more players.

JamesNg2

JamesNg2
  • 82 posts

Correct me if I'm wrong but you get beacon PARTS keys not SECURITY keys.  So there's no "weapons in defense of the beacon" to be had as a reward unless you get a premium item from the box?  Most likely reward will be more beacon parts.  I guess only Con can tell us whether the % is based on the total number of players or some arbitrary number...

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

You are correct, you get PARTS keys.

The 50 fuel is supposed to be the primary reward, the keys are just a bonus.

When the event ends, most of us will have leftover parts boxes, which will have no further use.

So what to do with them?  Well without the keys you'd just trash em, but with the parts keys, you'll at least have a shot at premium item, or just trashing whatever you get out of the box anyway.

Belikozo

Belikozo
  • 32 posts

I'm more curious if kongregate has the same number of contribution as Armor/Facebook,

i;e: Kongregate needs 500 players to participate, Armor/Facebook needs 500 players to participate.

If this is the case kongregate needs less players to participate then armor/facebook.

And i hope in the future for kongregate, they add a few badges to attract more players.

I hope is not the same number, maybe is based on % like 20% of all the players.

However, Kong should be lower, cause we dont have DMUs. I'm sure those DMU players started their beacons on the first couple of days and in Kong it took about a week for the ones that didn't paid. Seems unfair to me. Wouldn't everyone agree?

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

I hope is not the same number, maybe is based on % like 20% of all the players.

However, Kong should be lower, cause we dont have DMUs. I'm sure those DMU players started their beacons on the first couple of days and in Kong it took about a week for the ones that didn't paid. Seems unfair to me. Wouldn't everyone agree?

Not really.  AG/FB will reach 100% sooner (maybe) because of the DMU, but they still have have to wait till the timer ticks down to zero before they can collect the reward.

I was only a couple of servos short of completing the beacon when they increased the drop rate, so even with previous drop rate, I would have to had waited a week to collect the reward.

Misterlol

Misterlol
  • 28 posts

With the (massively) increased droprate of Beacon parts the DMU on FB/AG shouldnt have that big influence.

However, I am guessing Kong has a way smaller playerbase so the target number of Beacons built might be set too high.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

With the (massively) increased droprate of Beacon parts the DMU on FB/AG shouldnt have that big influence.

However, I am guessing Kong has a way smaller playerbase so the target number of Beacons built might be set too high.

Kong doesn't have to have a significantly lower playerbase to have more problems with it.

Say the playerbase is even through the three locations, one third each.   If AG/FB are tied together then the playerbase on Kong is half that of AG/FB.   If Kong needs to reach the same mark with half the playerbase of AG/FB, they'll have a much tougher time.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

Armor Games:  21,435,364 plays since August 13, 2012 (267 days - 80282/day average)

Kongegate: 6,942,241 plays since December 18, 2012 (140 days - 49587/day average)

So the Kong is approximately 61% of Armor Games

Can't find similar numbers for Facebook, only lists ">100000 people play this" on Facebook.  If Facebook is the same to a little more than Armor Games then Kong is approximately 30% of the AG/FB population (which are connected), which would explain:

beacontask_zps1ebba953.jpg

Depressing really...

Edited by Zingman, 07 May 2013 - 06:15 PM.

Darg

Darg
  • 109 posts

Yeah, its depressing that con didnt bother to adjust task to actual playerbase of gaming site.

Misterlol

Misterlol
  • 28 posts

-

Edited by Misterlol, 07 May 2013 - 09:11 PM.

Misterlol

Misterlol
  • 28 posts

I hope Con are aware of the differences in playerbase and thus difficulty with the cummunity tasks. If we (Kong) fail the Community Quest I hope they  at least makes some story-wise  "omg you failed the event"-event or follow up! Just failing the community quest kinda gives a big finger to the 51% who participated - if the goal was unrealistic to begin with we never had a chance.

I hope there will at least be some consequence/follow-up of failing, except the obvious of not getting the reward and wasting time on components.

Armor Games:  21,435,364 plays since August 13, 2012 (267 days - 80282/day average)

Kongegate: 6,942,241 plays since December 18, 2012 (140 days - 49587/day average)

So the Kong is approximately 61% of Armor Games

Can't find similar numbers for Facebook, only lists ">100000 people play this" on Facebook.  If Facebook is the same to a little more than Armor Games then Kong is approximately 30% of the AG/FB population (which are connected), which would explain:

[img]

Depressing really...

Edited by Misterlol, 07 May 2013 - 09:13 PM.

Kuronishen

Kuronishen
  • 545 posts

I don't know the progress on Kong right now, but I contributed my beacon :)

I'm pretty sure our server is screwed though, unfortunately. I don't want to be a pessimist, but unless people magically get motivated, we have no chance of meeting the quota.

MokeleMbembe

MokeleMbembe
  • 29 posts

I'm just hoping Con made some oversight when he set the requirements and something will be retroactively adjusted in our favor.

JamesNg2

JamesNg2
  • 82 posts

Con just bumped us up to 100%.  Thanks Con.

Duemellon

Duemellon
  • 45 posts

Are you sure they bumped us? It is possible the task was resolved.

All this complaining others have made about the DMU...

The DMU doesn't exist in the Kong-Universe. It's not a factor to Kong players because the Kong world doesn't interact with the Armor world.

Misterlol

Misterlol
  • 28 posts

+1 It's the only way I see we could have gone from 55% to 100% in 12 hours :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beacon, community, kongregate