Photo

Spanish Chat.

Spanish chat dead zone

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Marie_Radke

Marie_Radke
  • 2 posts

Having a chat for those who speak Spanish only would facilitate us to understand the game more. That way we could all be in the same chat and we could help each other. Right now find someone in the dead zones who speaks Spanish is very difficult. We know that there are 5 chats but one time we try to chanche all the spanish speakers for a empy chat and there appear the  English speakers too. We also know that the game is mostly English but I think at least change one of those 5 chats (since two are always literally empty) to a chat called "Spanish speakers" or something like that xD would be helpful for us. Thanks for everything. i just express my opinion.

HERC Commando

HERC Commando
  • 221 posts

"Spanish speakers" sounds a bit inappropriate to those who speak the language. "Chatear en EspaƱol" (chat in Spanish {may be wrong, I used Google Translate}) sounds a bit more appropriate. But +1 because it does seem a bit sad whenever a Spanish speaker is calling out for anyone who speaks the same tongue, and no one responds.

Recon_guy

Recon_guy
  • 386 posts
I think it's a great idea personally, but if they have one for people who speak Spanish, then people who speak other languages like French and German will want there own chat room too.

HERC Commando

HERC Commando
  • 221 posts

I think it's a great idea personally, but if they have one for people who speak Spanish, then people who speak other languages like French and German will want there own chat room too.

I run into French speakers once in a blue moon, and I've never seen a German speaker on chat before. I don't think their presence is big enough to a point where they need their own chat. I may be wrong though.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,180 posts

Having a Spanish (or any other language) chatroom is akin to saying they offer support in that language, if for no other reason than to monitor/police chat for abuse.

While Con has said there are plans for multi-language support, there is no timetable for it.

So don't expect it anytime soon, or necessarily in the language you want.

The reason this (and many other games) are in English (other than Con being English speaking of course) is because roughly one third of the worlds population speaks English with some degree of fluency.   There are more native Spanish speakers than English speakers, but the number of people that can speak Spanish as a second/third language is very small.

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

or.... since there is almost always an empty chat room, why don't you just unofficially "claim" a chat room and designate it as a gathering spot for Spanish speakers. DZ3 is dead 99% of the time. it will be similar to recruiting, but once the word is out, It would be easy to get traffic to flow that way. send out a few ppl to the other rooms and look for Spanish speakers and start informing ppl which room you picked as a gathering place. maybe you could even talk to the leaders from some Spanish speaking clans to enlist the help of multiple alliances to achieve this goal. its gonna take a lil work regardless, but it should be more then worth it considering players in need could get the help they are looking for instead if being left in the dark.

Takata

Takata
  • 464 posts

Exactly what Htchford said: just make a bilingual post on forums / chat giving DZ3 (or whatever) the label of Spanish chat (or whatever) and ask Spanish speaking people to meet there.

The issue is more about moderation than anything else. In case of people being abused in other language than English, they would have to hire people speaking fluently any other language used in chat (I know Con speaks a little spanish though).

I run into French speakers once in a blue moon, and I've never seen a German speaker on chat before. I don't think their presence is big enough to a point where they need their own chat. I may be wrong though.

Guess what?
In European time-zone, a lot of those guys around are French (I am), German (many are, including some famous players: DJFriede, BobBaumeister, etc. ), Dutch, Italian, etc. Same for other people from Asia (pinoys, thais, vietnamese, chinese... etc.)

Most of them are using English in chat, then that's why you can't 'see' them!

Edited by Takata, 18 August 2014 - 03:07 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spanish, chat, dead zone