Photo

Great Change To Manual Drop Rate, Con!

looting manual drop rate missions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Nephy

Nephy
  • 302 posts

Often the feedback section is used for negative posts and constructive criticism. Just wanted to say, I love the new drop rates in manuals! Have been playing all day and scored some great stuff, and am noticing a lot more blues, greens and purples too. This, along with the infected bounties, have really made manuals worthwhile again.

Please keep it this way, it makes me really excited to head out on manuals knowing there's a reasonable chance of a nice and usable item dropping!

Rholm

Rholm
  • 23 posts

Not wanting to rain on the parade there, but I disagree with the current drop rates on manual missions.

I certainly understand the idea and see it as an incentive to run manual missions (and work on the bounty tasks), but we went from a "normal" war round with no specific +quality item boost going on for most alliances,  to the scrolling news now being filled with "X has looted unique weapon". One after the other.

This is not coming from someone that has 0 unique or too many of them. I have a decent amount.

Now keep in mind I play on Kongregate (non-DMU servers)  and unique weapons (even the ones with relatively poor stats allocation) are valued by players. I feel that if there is an overabundance of them, they will just become the new norm and turned into Infamous Components because players will want that one perfect weapon only.

Edit:

Before I get rocks thrown at me, I wanted to add this:

I sure can't speak for the developers, but as a player, the first reaction I like when looting a unique is "WOW! I got myself a unique!!!!" then to link it in alliance chat and be proud of my new toy for at least a brief moment.

I don't want it to be "Meh, just looted my 6th uni LMG this week and it doesn't have added suppression to it and the name sucks. Oh well, free components I guess."

Edited by Rholm, 20 August 2014 - 05:19 PM.

Nephy

Nephy
  • 302 posts

I guess somewhere in between would be a happy medium. What I'd like to see if the drop rate does go back down is a change so that all unis have utility for their class, i.e. no dud stats possible (remove -noise and -suppression from LRs and LMGs for example, +hit chance removed from melee and replaced with APS).

It sucks to grind for ages only to find a uni, which then proves to be 100% useless. Ultimately a game should be fun and rewarding, and whilst we all do get addicted to looting good stuff in this game, sometimes the initial buzz of finding a uni on a mission leads to deflation upon checking its stats! This is even more common with rares. A lower drop rate but with a higher chance of utility would be most agreeable as a comporimse.

Manstan

Manstan
  • 526 posts

I'm a scavenger, I manual almost all the time; excluding autoammo runs. I can't say I am seeing any difference, I still get far more black then green. The the only time I see a real difference in drops is manualling mission way over my level with a small crew and melee weapons. Not bad if you don't mind losing crew after crew and not getting out of the mission with any of the choice stuff you just picked up.

Ysayell1

Ysayell1
  • 13 posts

What Rholm said, I agree 100%. Uni value is a delicate balance. You put them as too common and you kill their value. You put them as too rare and new players never see them. I think a 5-10% boost to manual missions is fine, but currently I've been watching in disheartened disgust as my uni value plummets. That awesome uni baseball bat i treasured (not for stats, but for coolness) pales when i see several hit the ticker each day. Makes me feel like I've wasted time. A bonus to uni finding especially for those accounts who have found no unis, for example, is good. This heavy of a balance is backfiring to me in that it decreases interest. Separating the uni/rare rolls so that finding rares isnt a bad thing would be great, but currently handicaps like that are the only thing keeping the uni market from completely crashing due to inflation. Keep the unis worthwhile, drop that find rate on manuals back to a reasonable amount, and fix the rare/uni thing and a less aggressive balance should be found that favors the casual player and the devoted.

Edited by Ysayell1, 21 August 2014 - 11:06 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: looting, manual, drop rate, missions