Union Security (us) Survives

Roleplay Story Roleplay Story RP Union Security Action

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Verbannon

Verbannon
  • 121 posts

Spoiler

This particular group of survivors is led by an employee named Verbannon. He was rejected from military service due to a heart condition. Instead he became a security officer, he is resentful of the petty work, guarding strip malls and such an envisions himself as a cold heartless mercenary. When the infection began he saw an opportunity to finally play the part he always wanted,, more so when HERC proved to be enemies. Whether he can maintain his desired demeanor is yet to be seen. He met up with most of the rest of the U.S. Survivors when he heard that HERC was laying siege to their office. He discovered he had developed the immunity to the virus early and was able to act as a human shield for the rest of his allies in the early days of the infection keeping them alive and unbitten long enough to develop their own immunities.

Alyssa Jenkins was a PR spokewoman for Union Security. When the zombies attacked she took her family to a Union Security office for protection. When HERC laid siege to the office declaring them to be in violation of quarantine, she told them she had children with her. They told her to send them out and they would be evacuated, she did so but instead of evacuating them HERC shot her children dead before her eyes to ensure there would be no witnesses. She has since regressed into her role of PR and speaks only in vapid PR and corporate expressionisms. (Engineer)

Dustin (Fighter) and Peter(Medic) Tanaka are two brothers. Dustin was a security guard where as his Brother Tanaka was a male nurse at a nursing home. The Morgue at the Nursing home Peter worked at was struck by the infection and all the dead there waiting for transport and autopsies came to life and attacked. The elderly in the nursing home for the most part stood no chance. And the numbers of undead swelled. Thankfully Dustin had already headed that way to check on Peter and was able to extract him before he got bit then they retreated to the nearest security office.

Dustin is known as a pretty bright guy, though restless, with diverse interests though he can be a bit fussy, he is friendly but still not emotionally available, and he has a weakness to criticism. He became a security guard because he enjoyed the part time hours.

Peter tends to be a realist, and is extremely confident in his own skills. He became a nurse because he desired a medical field and he felt nursing was the most reliable one available. He is very hard working and likes people to know it. Despite his skill as a nurse he actually isn't very good at giving emotional support but his honesty and forthrightness is a comfort all the same.

Jamie Cooper (Fighter) never intended to enter security, but she bounced from job to job restless but her quick thinking nature allowed her to do good at just about anything. Security work was just her latest in attempts to find a career one she started after watching some reality TV centered on Security work. Her careers have led her on such a varied path that she is one of the least judgmental people you'll ever meet. And some would even say she has no sense of shame or morality. Oddly enough despite her varied experiences she tends to give trust without thinking. She was at the Security office when HERC attacked loading up on weapons before returning to her post at the power plant.

Kelsey Bell (Fighter) is an impatient woman wholly focused on her career. She intends to work her way up to private bodyguard. She is fascinated with the female bodyguard craze in Eastern Europe and intends to do her best to reach a position where she is taking bullets for important rich people as well. She believes that she needs to be cold and calculating to reach this goal but has a sentimental streak she loathes. She is extremely dependable and has taught herself how to read people, this has also allowed her to lead pretty well if needed.

Michael Cranston (Fighter) is a vain man. He views himself as an Adonis and became a security guard just because he had this idea in his head where all it required of him to do was to stand around looking good. Ultimately he is terrible at his job and is so self-conceited he can't even recognize his own failures. He is rather malicious, controlling, devoid of empathy towards others and honestly believes women should be paying him money to sleep with him. But because he is extremely attractive until the apocalypse he never had a problem finding women. Needless to say he is extremely unhappy right now and does not get along with anyone. Especially Kathryn, whom he sees as so ugly she should be thanking him that he shows her any interest. He was guarding the power plant when the infection broke out. HERC repeatable attempted to have the plant shut down but he and the others most of whom died repelled them, until they finally were forced out by HERC.

Mary Murphy (Recon) is an average woman in everything. She was actually a bar tendress and was extremely popular with the clientele. But she also drank on the job a lot and spent more time partying then working. So the owner had her trained to work in security so as not to lose any of the customers that liked her. This proved to be a mistake. Away from the alcohol her temper flared and she would injure customers she had to remove from the premises until one day she went too far and got fired. With no skills but the basic security training she got at the bar she chose to remain at Union Security, where she was posted at a mall alongside Robert Green. She wasn't happy with this position and would often abuse the company property with Segway races.

Robert Green (Recon) is a boring guy. And is considered to be incompetent and lazy. He works the mall shift with Mary where he spends more time cleaning up her messes then glaring at shoplifters. He has a bit of a sticky fingers himself and tends to grab the 'customer only' samples to snack on. The fiend. When they heard the power plant was being attacked he and Mary hopped on their segways and grabbing some rifles from the now abandoned mall gun store rode off to the rescue. It was not a very fast or impressive rescue.

Kathryn Young (Scavenger) used to be a boutique model, a dancer and a party girl. When she got cancer, not even the famous cancers like breast cancer, but a seriously bad case of skin cancer, likely from her love of tanning beds, one of the cases so bad it eventually required chemo. Now she is permanently bald and her entire body is covered in unsightly scars. With no skills except a bachelorette's degree in accounting and her source of income now riddled with scars she managed to get, with help from a friend that died from an HERC attack, a job at Union Security inventorying supplies and ordering requisitions. She coped with her own trouble with cancer by endlessly referencing it every chance she got. Declaring every problem to 'at least its not as bad as cancer' giving her this sort of fatalistic optimism that drives people crazy. She was quite repulsed by Michael's advances towards her, believing him to be some sick freak for being interested in her. Plus he is a jerk.

Edited by Verbannon, 24 November 2014 - 11:02 PM.

Sky_Fall

Sky_Fall
  • 1,222 posts

Tension Music:

Corporal Victor Skye speeded through the distance. Sprinting frantically from the hordes of undead behind him that numbered to the thousands... The undead gnawed, growled, at their prey. Skye was not happy. 

"SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Swore Skye as he attempted to outrun the chaos unfolding... Ironically all the screaming did was attract even more undead from the neighborhood. And soon it was beginning to look like 10,000 infected were chasing Skye all over the neighborhood.... The train station... Probably all over Union City... It was just amazing what fear could do when you needed it most at the right time and at the right place.

As Skye was running he bumped into a man with a beard and an AK-47. "Hey!" Said the bearded man as he was alarmed at the sudden physical intrusion "RUN!" Skye responded as he turned tail... Soon a rumbling of steps was heard and cackling bloodlust of the infected surfaced, that was when the realization hit Jack... Jack wasted no time at all in running along with Skye. First he hit Skye with a question "How the hell did you get all of these!?!?!?!" Skye gave a thoughtful look, then said "Long story....".

*10 Minutes Ago*

Atmosphere Music:

"Damn this vending machine won't give!" Cried Skye in anger as he tried to kick through the bullet proof glass of this HERC vending machine. Who the hell needs bulletproof glass in a vending machine?! HERC was weird! And what was worse... Was that the damn contraption ate his money, and won't give back!

The area was clear so far and Skye was alone in a Park. Relatively few infected had come into this area and survivors were found all over the place and they seemed friendly enough.

"I guess I have to resort to explosions!" Skye then threw a grenade at the vending machine and took cover behind a wall. *BOOM* The explosion introduced its brilliant spectrum of colors and its musical destruction resonated throughout the scene.... The vending machine remained relatively intact though.

"Damn!" Skye gasped at the sight from his vantage point. He only scratched paint!

He saw a few infected behind him and shot them with his M16 Rifle, they were down in a record of 1 second.

More appeared but Skye dispatched them off with ease. Skye gave one look at the vending machine then rummaged through his bag. Placed some sort of C4 on the vending machine and ran about 50 meters away. "FIRE IN THE HOLE!" Howled Skye as he pressed the detonator.

The whole neighborhood seemed to go up in flames and Skye was lucky to be alive. That was when Skye came back to the vending machine. And it was still standing! Skye then gave the machine a puzzled look and looked at the sign beside it... "Nuclear-resistant prototype.... Made in Area 52..." Skye gave a sigh and turned to go away from this haphazard mess that was made. That was when he was greeted by the undead who came from all over Union City.

Oh Shit Music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKPBTkeJIyI

"Oh shit..." Skye then turned and ran for his life... At first he only saw about 100 at his tail... Soon it gathered to 1000... 2000... 3000... Until he could have believed that all the people of Union City wanted him dead and wanted to eat his brains of course.

*Back to the present*

"How-w the hell are we going to lose them?!" Skye huffed as he ran....

"I don't know! Just keep running!" Jack kept up the pace...

This... Was going... To be a marathon.... The zombies didn't seem to let up at all while the two were breathing the air heavily.

Edited by Sky_Fall, 24 August 2014 - 02:31 PM.

Verbannon

Verbannon
  • 121 posts
Spoiler

Edited by Verbannon, 24 November 2014 - 10:46 PM.

Sky_Fall

Sky_Fall
  • 1,222 posts

Oh this? That was because I thought that other fanficters could hop in the fun of course; I can remove it if you like, it's not like I'm going back here anyways. 

Verbannon

Verbannon
  • 121 posts

Okay.

SedentaryCobra

SedentaryCobra
  • 82 posts

I tried to resist it, but I just have to.

This is so hard to read for me.

• Your plot is really ridiculous.

(Sky, if your reading this, this is the consumer writing.)

You write to make events and fight scenes, not to tell a story.  All literature, whether a fable, satire, or epic, is written to tell a story.  You are not telling a story.

You are just writing a bunch of fight scenes.

Spoiler

First, how were they hiding in a bunker [/i]and[/i] finding food to survive!

Secondly, this is the longest gap between two fight scenes you have.  You could have expanded it, used it for character building, described emotions, build drama, but instead it served as the scene transition to another fight.

• These characters have absolutely no emotions or descriptions

I am stuck imagining stick figures with guns on a blank environment as I read this story.  Not only that, but no one seems to react to anything at all, really.

'Zombie apocalypse? Meh, I've been in worse.'  Is all I can feel radiating from your characters.  They have no emotions, the most I could get was one person felt they could survive shrapnel.  Verbannon, the main character, is a super hardcore sniper, unable to miss a single shot, and never feels emotion. (Even though he presumably has family who died in Union City, all he thinks about is getting paid.)

Spoiler

I take that back, the main character is a sadistic mercenary who loves to cripple people for life by shooting them in the kneecaps and only cares about money.

Our hero, ladies and gentlemen.

• The little things

Commas, you need them.  I saw so many missing commas.  Commas can change the meaning of a sentence so much.

Spoiler

Makes a big difference.

Secondly, use spoilers to hide your post, as it gets annoying to have to scroll all the way through eight thousand words of writing to ick up where you left off.

spoilers are created like so.

{spoiler}Your post here{/spoiler}

Replace the { } with [ ] to make it work.

And please, more than anything, don't tell us what is already happening. It insults our intelligence.

Spoiler

And this is only one example, I see them all over the story.

I don't mean to rage or flame, I just want to help you get better.

Good luck, keep writing.

Edited by SedentaryCobra, 22 November 2014 - 10:33 PM.

Verbannon

Verbannon
  • 121 posts

I didn't have a plot, just a series of events. So I'm not sure how to respond to my plot being ridiculous. My plot outline was.

Introduce leader, fight scene, learn HERC is trying to forcibly remove any holed up militant survivors in preparation for bombing campaigns designed to annihilate all living survivors, fight scene, meet bunch of other survivors, hole up until HERC attacks again, Fight Scene, meet rest of survivors. Do something until day 156, make sure not first to discover automated defenses, fight automated defenses, retreat, set up alliance goals. End Background.

2. I thought it was clear they were moving in between bombings. Sorry. And umm... I didn't want to turn this into a novel. This whole thing originally wasn't meant to be more then a few paragraphs. It was just supposed to be a rough timeline of my survivor group with some fight scenes thrown in because I like fight scenes. I originally was going to have zero dialogue, but instead have all words narrated in the third person. But didn't for some reason. Guess I should have.

3. Well I don't have descriptions for them. Right now the game doesn't allow customizing anything but hair and gender. So that's all I could describe. As for personality I contemplated doing some scenes to expand on that, I did use a random personality generator on them after all, but that would have required paragraphs with them interacting. Actually more then that, it would have required entire backstories for each character. And I didn't feel that was relevant to the RP, as of the ten there would likely on be two actually being RPed. Alyssa and Verbannon. That's why Alyssa is the only one that got any development at all. So instead I included short lines that put a framework that could be built on if the RP ever required it.

And yeah, that is what Verbannon is supposed to be. He is bitter at not making it in the military and hates the small timeness of his security work and has compensated by romanticizing his job. He says at the end 'die for our paychecks' because that level of commitment makes him feel better about the pettiness of his actual job guarding stripmalls from petty crooks. Also it wasn't a spectacular shot he was in hearing distance of HERC.

4. I admit, commas are my weakness. I usually overuse them to the point people scream at me. But it seems I went too far in the opposite direction. But what if I meant for them to help uncle jack off his horse?

5. Sorry.

Actually the writing is done. Nothing left to write about. Its now reached present time so all that's left is RP. Though maybe I could 'rewrite' his to read better.

Edited by Verbannon, 23 November 2014 - 12:45 AM.

Sky_Fall

Sky_Fall
  • 1,222 posts

SedentaryCobra, that was my writing before and boy was it that bad. I'm just going to look at my past writings and reflect on how much I've improved by then.

Verbannon

Verbannon
  • 121 posts

I gave it a lot more thought and completely altered my initial post.

Sky_Fall

Sky_Fall
  • 1,222 posts

Hey Verbannon, a thought struck me too. If I get the opportunity could I add your alliance to the fanfict?

Verbannon

Verbannon
  • 121 posts

Yeah, my alliance is an in game organization so I couldn't say 'no' even if I wanted to.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Roleplay, Story, Roleplay Story, RP, Union Security, Action