Photo

Long Rifle Schematics - Introduce More, Please!

long rifle LR schematics PvP

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Nephy

Nephy
  • 302 posts

I'm pretty sure someone has mentioned this before. However, I searched through all 4 pages of 'schematics' as keyword on here and Googled 'site:http://forum.conartistgames.com long rifle schematics' and nothing came up, so here goes.

The blue FAL schematic is solid and well-loved, because it gives folks in their 20s-30s the chance to craft some guns that will make them be able to compete in PVP in that level range. However, above and below that level, most craftable LRs aren't worth bothering with, and at end game there simply aren't any at all as far as I'm aware. The PSG and SVD schems do have range but even a max craft isn't really worth the effort. Some others, like the bizarre lvl 11 HC, don't have range at all.

So, my idea is simple: introduce more lootable LR schematics, from Hunter Compacts all the way through to 107s, that are actually usable; i.e. good base range of, say, 10-15% with a chance for up to about 30% at max craft, in addition to other useful stats like APS and suppression, just like on the craftable FAL.

I know you're forever thinking of ways to make people less reliant on LRs for PVP, but in the meantime this would at least allow more folks to compete in PVP without WFing and spending months searching for level-appropriate unis.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

I would imagine it would work the other way round. More people would hoist White Flags if their defences were being breeched because of better craftable rifles more accessible to all. 

You can find +15% ranged rifles at the highest level reasonably easily, crafting a possible +30-35% ranged M107 would just unbalance the fine balance that is raiding. I don't raid much, but I don't use a white flag, and it would become seriously irritating if raiding became crowded because everyone felt emboldened all of a sudden because  dangerous ranged long rifles were common all of a sudden. 

Dj_777

Dj_777
  • 111 posts

Not just LRs, LMGs suffer from this too.  IMO, the best craftable LMG's (One of the only ones for that matter) for its level is the Sighted Scoped M249; and it's not even level 20.  After that, the M-27 has an OK one compared to the base gun, but it never seemed to fit the bill for a heavy support weapon.  The M-240 is a good weapon, but only mediocre schematics.  It seems that every gun in the last 2-3 Tiers have no schematics.  Shotguns get it worse though, at least LMG's, AR's, LR's, SMG's, & pistols get uniques; most shotguns don't.

But back on topic, this lack of schematics is kind of a disappointment.  Scavenging shouldn't be the only recourse at the end-game phase with a few overly-crafted items like the Sword, Long-Saws, & Body Armor likely dominating the amount of crafting done, barring upgrades.  Crafting should remain viable at all levels, there should be more than 2-4 things considered useful enough to craft.

Edit:

I would imagine it would work the other way round. More people would hoist White Flags if their defences were being breeched because of better craftable rifles more accessible to all. 

You can find +15% ranged rifles at the highest level reasonably easily, crafting a possible +30-35% ranged M107 would just unbalance the fine balance that is raiding. I don't raid much, but I don't use a white flag, and it would become seriously irritating if raiding became crowded because everyone felt emboldened all of a sudden because  dangerous ranged long rifles were common all of a sudden. 

I don't know...  More range on the offensive, yes.  But more range on the defensive too.  So 3/3 M107's still would be the most dangerous weapon for raiding, but there'd be a lot less breathing room on top for the current 'king'.  I for one don't raid, I don't have anything that matches Uniques on AG.  I don't WF either though, because I have yet to get a non-WF neighborhood with anyone else in my level range.  The only other person I saw with no WF was Brianbore for the week or so he was in my neighborhood.  

Edited by Dj_777, 25 August 2014 - 01:59 PM.

Nephy

Nephy
  • 302 posts

More people than already WF? You really think so? I don't know what server you're on, but on Kong the situation right now is that past mid 30s, everyone but a handful of *very* well-armed guys - and alts of very well-armed guys - WF as a matter of course. The un-WFed population beyond 40 must be an absolutely tiny fraction of the population. It honestly can't get much worse and I fail to see how introducing reasonable craftable LRs would reduce the numbers any further than the situation we already have. Right now, either you have good uni LRs or you WF, simple.

My suggestion was that maybe if the playing field could be evened a little by allowing people access to guns that'd give them a fighting chance, it'd encourage more people to stick their head above the parapet of their white flagged compound. personally I think the result of better craftable LRs would be more people giving it a go, not less.

I for one have just hit 40 and do not intend to ever drop my WF unless I have acquired some serious firepower first - I have a couple of good uni PSGs, a few maxcraft VM24s and a good SVD, but I know I won't stand a chance vs the uni 107s and 417s I've seen the 45+ folks toting.

I speak as an avid raider who loved raiding from my early 20s through to mid 30s, then got tired of a lack of targets, not to mention always being hit by the same 2 or 3 raiders whose skill and weaponry are unmatchable. Right now, the only way to get a raiding fix is to keep levelling alts up into their teens and 20s, the only level range in the game where there's any significant PVP action at present.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Schematics have barely been seen for the last few updates. The last one I scavenged are the level 45 Tonfa's. Lowest level prior to that is a level 39 Mezzaluna axe. The only schematics I have above those are the swords which were re-levelled after the vintage update. The highest level gun schematics are Level 38 PSG's and they are all pretty rubbish (adding hit chance to a weapon that is already very accurate plus one other stat)

The problem is not just Long Rifles, it is all weapons that have been lacking schematics for some time now.

As for gear, the highest level schematic is level 39 body armour. 

Schematics are trailing the rest of the game content by around 10 levels.

Maruse

Maruse
  • 816 posts

I actually completely agree with this but we need new schematics for every weapon type not just long rifles. And pretty much more gear schematics.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: long rifle, LR, schematics, PvP