• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

tangytoby

tangytoby
  • 668 posts

step one:pay royalties to con

step two:sell to publisher

step three:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Theres a book based on runescape, and peter Jackson directing a movie based on halo. lets get on the adapt game wagon.

Herpderphurrdurr

Herpderphurrdurr
  • 460 posts

step one:pay royalties to con

step two:sell to publisher

step three:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Theres a book based on runescape, and peter Jackson directing a movie based on halo. lets get on the adapt game wagon.

I'm not that good at writing to start making money off of this. It's just writing for fun and leisure.

Edited by Herpderphurrdurr, 23 May 2013 - 05:31 AM.

Aya Malevonaire

Aya Malevonaire
  • 94 posts

Stopped reading on Chapter 5, didn't bother finishing after reading 3 sentences. Format's still the same, style the same. Story is ok, but again I feel like reading a script spreadsheet. Have it your way then.

Herpderphurrdurr

Herpderphurrdurr
  • 460 posts

Stopped reading on Chapter 5, didn't bother finishing after reading 3 sentences. Format's still the same, style the same. Story is ok, but again I feel like reading a script spreadsheet. Have it your way then.

Changing all of the story takes time. Chapter 5 and 6 were written before your critique. I'm also deciding on going forward with the story before I start changing anything.

Edited by Herpderphurrdurr, 25 May 2013 - 03:35 AM.

ZackMoody

ZackMoody
  • 67 posts

Sorry to say this, but I stopped reading after a few sentences of Chapter 5, too.

I personally don't mind the script spreadsheet way you write, but the looong paragraphs are just too much.

No need to change the story, but do break up the paragraphs when you have a few minutes.

Do let us know if you've done so, and I'll rejoin your army of readers. :) Thanks~

Herpderphurrdurr

Herpderphurrdurr
  • 460 posts

Edited slightly to make it a little less harsh on the eyes

Meep

Meep
  • 25 posts

I personally think they're ok as they are. Just keep writing and I'm not complaining, you've got me hooked now :P

Herpderphurrdurr

Herpderphurrdurr
  • 460 posts

New chapters, read it while it's hot. Chapter 9 and 10 may be delayed as I am figuring out how to write chapter 10, we'll see how it turns out.

PeterTehDumb

PeterTehDumb
  • 1,634 posts

I'm gonna read through it to spend my free time, thanks :D +1

RoxyWyvern

RoxyWyvern
  • 89 posts

I really liked chapter 8, your writing style is developing very nicely :)

The introduction of Samantha and Donna is great as well, although them almost getting raped got my heart racing. I'm glad that didn't happen! Couldn't help but make a connection between Donna being in Union City for a swimming competition, just like the back story for 4 of my survivors, Australians attending a swimming comp. Perhaps they competed against each other and might have even met each other at some stage! 

Herpderphurrdurr

Herpderphurrdurr
  • 460 posts

New chapters people, more characters would be introduced soon.

PeterTehDumb

PeterTehDumb
  • 1,634 posts

Ooh.. now with some intense action.

Keep 'em coming! :D

tangytoby

tangytoby
  • 668 posts

If I could double up vote, I'd double up vote you.

Herpderphurrdurr

Herpderphurrdurr
  • 460 posts

New chapters, with added action. How will Emma be rescued?

Korbak

Korbak
  • 224 posts

^_^ 

Herpderphurrdurr

Herpderphurrdurr
  • 460 posts

^_^

*thumbs up*

also on another note, I'm posting the next chapters early because I'm moving on the 15th and 16th.

Edited by Herpderphurrdurr, 14 July 2013 - 05:15 AM.

Korbak

Korbak
  • 224 posts

*thumbs up*

also on another note, I'm posting the next chapters early because I'm moving on the 15th and 16th.

was really happy to help you with art for cover, I like talented people, hope you will never stop to write and become famous at someday! 

Herpderphurrdurr

Herpderphurrdurr
  • 460 posts

was really happy to help you with art for cover, I like talented people, hope you will never stop to write and become famous at someday! 

Lol yup I'd like to do this for a living if possible.

mrsmile14

mrsmile14
  • 1 posts

im starting to read this.. :D

Herpderphurrdurr

Herpderphurrdurr
  • 460 posts

I am planning on writing side stories for other characters in the story aside from the main survivors. Depending on the response of the readers I may or may not write them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fanfic, DZ:TotS