Photo

An Alternative Dmu Upgrade; Instant Return But With Recovery Period

DMU upgrade pvp raiding deathmobile

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Nephy

Nephy
  • 302 posts

One of the things that sucks about PVP and can dissuade people from raiding is having to wait 2 hours for your folks to get home if you don't want to leave an empty compound.

My suggestion: introduce an upgrade to the Deathmobile that will instantly speed your guys home after a raid or scavenging, but won't allow you to actually send them on a raid or mission for a period equal to the regular return time. They will have to rest at the compound for 2 hours after a raid, for example.

With such an upgrade in place, you could play the game and then walk away from your computer, rather than doing what most hardcore raiders do, which is idle / occasionally go to the browser tab for a couple of hours until their guys are home before logging off.

It'd make things a lot fairer because it'd mean folks who can't be at their computer all day would still have the opportunity to raid and not have to leave their compound wide open to attacks when logging out.

It'd also help solve the bounty problem of leaders not being home, which is something many people hate, and generally would make it more fun and challenging. I hate scouring a target list for hours, sending out a full team to raid and finding an empty pound. Sure, it's a free flag and resources, but it's boring as heck!

Finally, you could still spend fuel to speed up their recovery time, I guess, if you wanted to raid/do missions before their recovery period is up - so it wouldn't mean any appreciable loss of fuel spending on return times. The upgrade itself would probably cost fuel, so overall there may be a rise in fuel spending as a result.

Dj_777

Dj_777
  • 111 posts

Raids have the same cooldown for a DMU user as a normal player, or at least they are supposed to.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,755 posts

Alternatively, if a compound is empty waiting on people driving home, unless they speed up the return, even if they are in chat, leave their browser open, or otherwise keep themselves 'online' waiting for their guys to get home; they can be raided. You might be staring at  your empty compound when suddenly a window might appear informing you 'raid in progress,' really locking you out just like you are if you log on and someone is currently raiding you. :)

Nephy

Nephy
  • 302 posts

Raids have the same cooldown for a DMU user as a normal player, or at least they are supposed to.

Errm... did you actually read my post? I tried to articulate it as clearly as possible, but perhaps using the term 'death mobile upgrade' was a red herring. I'm suggesting something entirely new for everyone, irrespective of the existing DMU's effects.

Edited by Nephy, 02 September 2014 - 12:24 AM.

The88Percent

The88Percent
  • 122 posts

this really only benefits hardcore raiders and top alliance members and most of those people are the people who idle for 2+ hours while survivors are away anyway and aren't going to buy this because they have no reason to. people who are worried about getting raided will just buy white flag. people who aren't in an alliance (or non-raiding ones) get attacked a lot less anyway so paying money for max security doesn't make much sense.

so basically, this only benefits a small amount of people (theoretically), most of which would not even buy it.

Brother Three

Brother Three
  • 83 posts
Umm to be fair, being hardcore is pretty damn tiring.
I would buy this because when I raid 2 in the morning, it means i have to either stay up or set on alerm at 4.
Sometimes i just speed up so that i can sleep early.

Edited by Brother Three, 02 September 2014 - 02:58 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DMU, upgrade, pvp, raiding, deathmobile