Sub Categories For Junk

junk sub categories division junk groups recycling

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Gwairen

Gwairen
  • 27 posts

Hello again!

As previously, I'd like to apologize in advance if something similar was suggested earlier but the search didn't give me any similar results, so I deemed it safe to make a new proposal along with new character animations earlier.

Today, while I was recycling junk, I thought to myself that it would be very useful and convenient if we had subcategories for junk. Let me elaborate this idea.

What do we have today? A separate inventory category for junk where all the useless and recyclable junk is held. However, were we to search for junk that yields particular resource upon recycling, we have to scroll through everything we have in order to find necessary items.

So it occurred to me that if this were reworked into some king of categorized window it would prove to be much more convenient and user friendly. Basically, under the main "JUNK" section there would be subcategories like wood, metal, cloth, plastic, electronics, fasteners.

Here's what I have in mind:

junkf.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's of course very crudely done in Photoshop, but conveys the idea I hope.

Upon selecting a certain subcategory the items you have are automatically put into category you selected, so everything that yields wood, would go into wood, etc. Now, I understand that fasteners can be a little too much as mostly everything that gives them also gives either wood, metal or cloth, but I thought sometimes you may not remember what those are, so I decided to add this too.

If I may also add, it would be useful if such feature could be added also to weapons, gear and clothing sections, divining them into appropriate sections. I undestand that deviding components into those is not particulary useful as we don't really use those for anything unless absolutely neccessary.

Now, I must also mention that this came to my mind because I presonally have several pages of items in my inventory under each category so in order to find something I need to scroll quite a lot.  I personally think that would make search and recycling faster and better especially for mid to high level players who already managed to accumulate certain ammounts of items ingame.

Edited by Gwairen, 06 May 2013 - 06:41 PM.

Sandro_Jern

Sandro_Jern
  • 778 posts

Lol, a separate category for fasteners...might want to make one for copper wire as well ;)

On a serious note, con said they are planning an inventory rehaul, so I guess this would be a welcome part of it. +1. Although obviously we would need some more categories than that (where would a doormat go?)...and IMO this would also be great for components...or hell, why not even all items lol.

The more organised, the better.

Gwairen

Gwairen
  • 27 posts

Balance in all things, my friend. We don't want to go into extreme here, do we? =)

But I hear you. As I said, it's a crude example that I made in 5 minutes in Photoshop. Other categories may very well be implemented if need be.

UglyStamps

UglyStamps
  • 314 posts

Certainly helpful with recycling and inventory, especially when i have to look through the junk just to find a certain resource given :I

+1

Gwairen

Gwairen
  • 27 posts

I am glad you like the idea. ^_^

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: junk, sub categories, division, junk groups, recycling