Photo

"a Challenger Appears!" Achievment Bugged...

Bug Achievement Challenge Book Achievements Challenges Bugs Books Glitch Glitches

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

QFizzle

QFizzle
  • 2 posts

Once I completed the Inconveniencer achievement (which itself was bugged for some time in a similar way) and moved on to trying to complete this one, it was bugged from the moment it started as it is still stuck at 40% completed, the starting total. My played mission time alone (automated missions not included) with challenge books has been over an hour, enough to to move the percentage up to 50%. But, of course, it hasn't.

There's something about about book related challenges that are very prone to being bugged. Can I get Some Help with this please?

P.S.

Armor Games account

armorQFizzle

Edited by QFizzle, 12 May 2013 - 03:51 AM.

Sartael

Sartael
  • 2 posts

The Ultimate Challenge has been stuck on 61% for several weeks even when I spend many many hours logged in the game.

QFizzle

QFizzle
  • 2 posts

The Ultimate Challenge has been stuck on 61% for several weeks even when I spend many many hours logged in the game.

Any achievement related to books used and found in-game seems to have this "percentage-getting-stuck-even-if-I've-already-met-the-requirements-to-have-a-higher-percentage" problem. They fixed the achievements that came before "A Challenger Appears!" but anything after the "Inconveniencer" achievement still have the same problem. It also seems to be stuck at a different percentage for everyone who has this bug. I mean, it doesn't affect gameplay or anything, but it is still annoying.

Edited by QFizzle, 12 May 2013 - 03:52 AM.

SonicSonedit

SonicSonedit
  • 11 posts

Same problem here, "The Ultimate Challenge" is stuck on 20% for me.

Caliclan

Caliclan
  • 185 posts
Perhaps post pictures or video of your issue? Maybe go around the DZchats and ask who else is having this problem. If you get enough people just screen shot it and then post for Con to see.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

The ultimate challenge is 7 days of played time.

7 days * 24 hours = 168 hours

So you need to play for 1.68 hours (100.8 minutes ) to move the bar 1%

---

Say you're running a 4-3-3 setup on survivors and running the timer out, that's 21 minutes of mission time.  It will take you five times with that setup to reach 1%.   If you don't have a DMU more than likely you don't have the time/ability to run that many missions per day, so it may take several days for you to move the bar 1%.

The OP (which was 5 months ago)  said they "played for an hour, which should have moved the bar from 40% to 50% -- which simply isn't the case.  1 hour of played time for the ultimate challenge is less than 1% -- so the bar wouldn't move at all.

---

The reason I think this achievement seems bugged to a lot of people is because it's a very long task.   Most people will stat working on it when their return times are relatively short (30 minutes or less) but by the time they've reached 100% their mission times are up to 2 hours (or longer).   So when they're starting the achievement it goes up a lot faster than when they're close to end of it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bug, Achievement, Challenge, Book, Achievements, Challenges, Bugs, Books, Glitch, Glitches