Bounty And Wf

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Njaelic

Njaelic
  • 185 posts

POPULAR

Hello,

it is totally absurd, that someone who has a bounty can equip a white flag book, like now the highest three bounty on fb/ag server :-s

Please do something con :P

Greets

ky4e

ky4e
  • 137 posts

true +1 and also leader should be forced at home or smth... i quitted doing bounties due to the WF Problem and the problem that in 95% of all cases leader isn´t at home with or without purpose... 

edit: or at least that the game warns when leader isn´t at home or similar solution

Edited by ky4e, 06 September 2014 - 01:25 PM.

ky4e

ky4e
  • 137 posts

I am not so experienced in programming or server storaging or smth...

but how about that:

When someone want to do a bounty he will always attack a "copy" of the compound from the guy... there are always everybody at home, and  nothing is destroyed of course cause then in my eyes it would take server-storage or smth again, but that would be fair and you don´t send away a bountyhunt-team and leader is not at home?

so far Chris Hund

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,160 posts

To avoid a bounty using the White Flag, you would have to:

1) Wait three hours after you raided someone (more if you raided more than one person) before you can equip it

and

2) Never unequip it until the bounty expires.

A player must wait a minimum of 3 days (more if they raid again) before they can reequip the White Flag after taking it off.  So if a bountied player takes the White Flag off, they will be vulnerable for three days.   Do you need more than three days to hit a target?

Furthermore, a player that is hiding behind a White Flag isn't raiding.   To me, a player that isn't able to raid for a month is just as punishing (if not more so) than if somebody trashed their yard 10 minutes after they bountied.

ky4e

ky4e
  • 137 posts

ok that´s right but how about the idea with the "copy-compound"? 

The88Percent

The88Percent
  • 122 posts

To avoid a bounty using the White Flag, you would have to:

1) Wait three hours after you raided someone (more if you raided more than one person) before you can equip it

and

2) Never unequip it until the bounty expires.

A player must wait a minimum of 3 days (more if they raid again) before they can reequip the White Flag after taking it off.  So if a bountied player takes the White Flag off, they will be vulnerable for three days.   Do you need more than three days to hit a target?

Furthermore, a player that is hiding behind a White Flag isn't raiding.   To me, a player that isn't able to raid for a month is just as punishing (if not more so) than if somebody trashed their yard 10 minutes after they bountied.

i agree with the part about the person with a bounty is being punished for a month. however, you don't get a bounty placed on you the second you come back from a raid. the WF lockout (after you go on a raid) could run out before the player you raid can put a bounty on you.

secondly, the 3 day window is assuming that everyone who gets a bounty placed on them has unequipped the WF just before or within 3 days of the raid that lead to the bounty request. may be the case for some but certainly not all. so i would assume most would just have to wait out the raid lockout.

I think that a longer WF/protection lockout after a raid would be a better way of fighting this IMO. with the lockout as short as it is now you could end up placing a bounty on someone who already has WF equipped.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,160 posts

i agree with the part about the person with a bounty is being punished for a month. however, you don't get a bounty placed on you the second you come back from a raid. the WF lockout (after you go on a raid) could run out before the player you raid can put a bounty on you.

secondly, the 3 day window is assuming that everyone who gets a bounty placed on them has unequipped the WF just before or within 3 days of the raid that lead to the bounty request. may be the case for some but certainly not all. so i would assume most would just have to wait out the raid lockout.

I think that a longer WF/protection lockout after a raid would be a better way of fighting this IMO. with the lockout as short as it is now you could end up placing a bounty on someone who already has WF equipped.

Don't think you completely understand the White Flag mechanics.

Player A has the White Flag and could equip it immediately if they wanted (cooldown timer has expired).

Player A raids Player B.  The raid adds 3 hours of cooldown time (same as if you tried to buy protection) to the White Flag so Player A can not equip the White Flag for 3 hours.

The 3 hours expire and Player A equips the White Flag.   Meanwhile Player B logs on, sees their compound trashed and places a bounty on Player A.

If Player A removes the White Flag they will not be able to re-equip the White Flag for 3 days (cooldown period).   If they remove it before the bounty expires, that's a 3 day window (minimum - more if they raid again) to collect the bounty.

Nephy

Nephy
  • 302 posts

I am not so experienced in programming or server storaging or smth...

but how about that:

When someone want to do a bounty he will always attack a "copy" of the compound from the guy... there are always everybody at home, and  nothing is destroyed of course cause then in my eyes it would take server-storage or smth again, but that would be fair and you don´t send away a bountyhunt-team and leader is not at home?

Aside from the fact that personally I feel bounties are pointless anyway (a waste of fuel as the effect on the bountied party is so minimal in most cases), your idea would defeat the point of placing a bounty full stop. If the bountied party's compound doesn't actually get damaged and the survivors don't get injured because you're only raiding a copy, it's not exactly much of a revenge, is it? :P

Nephy

Nephy
  • 302 posts

I actually think the initial idea of WF being impossible to equip whilst bountied is a good idea though. A bounty is meant to cause problems for the bountied person, surely. If someone bounties me atm it makes no difference at all, just means the next person to raid me successfully in war will get a little extra surprise for their efforts.

ky4e

ky4e
  • 137 posts

Aside from the fact that personally I feel bounties are pointless anyway (a waste of fuel as the effect on the bountied party is so minimal in most cases), your idea would defeat the point of placing a bounty full stop. If the bountied party's compound doesn't actually get damaged and the survivors don't get injured because you're only raiding a copy, it's not exactly much of a revenge, is it?  :P

haha true lol... 

well but then i am still for it that ok wf can´t be equipped, also no other way of protection... also to avoid that leader isn´t at home then maybe just leader under house-arrest or smth ^^

The88Percent

The88Percent
  • 122 posts

Don't think you completely understand the White Flag mechanics.

Player A has the White Flag and could equip it immediately if they wanted (cooldown timer has expired).

Player A raids Player B.  The raid adds 3 hours of cooldown time (same as if you tried to buy protection) to the White Flag so Player A can not equip the White Flag for 3 hours.

The 3 hours expire and Player A equips the White Flag.   Meanwhile Player B logs on, sees their compound trashed and places a bounty on Player A.

If Player A removes the White Flag they will not be able to re-equip the White Flag for 3 days (cooldown period).   If they remove it before the bounty expires, that's a 3 day window (minimum - more if they raid again) to collect the bounty.

i understand that but i think the main complaint here is that player A is equipping WF for the full 30 days. he either equips WF as soon as he gets a bounty placed on him or as soon as the protection lockout after raiding runs out giving little to no time before WF is equipped to claim the bounty or even attempt a raid. yeah, 3 days would be enough to claim the bounty, but the cooldown for removing WF doesn't matter in this case because he isn't unequipping WF.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,160 posts

i understand that but i think the main complaint here is that player A is equipping WF for the full 30 days. he either equips WF as soon as he gets a bounty placed on him or as soon as the protection lockout after raiding runs out giving little to no time before WF is equipped to claim the bounty or even attempt a raid. yeah, 3 days would be enough to claim the bounty, but the cooldown for removing WF doesn't matter in this case because he isn't unequipping WF.

I stand my original statement then.

A player that has the White Flag on for the entire duration of the bounty isn't raiding.   To me that's more punishing than if somebody trashes the compound 10 minutes after they're bountied. 

Which would you rather have happen to you?

Somebody trashes your yard and downs all your survivors with severe injuries --- but you can continue raiding as much as you want.

-or-

You're forced to not raid for a month.

Those are your only choices.

I can tell you that, if i could, i would gladly pay 100 fuel (1000 even) if I could force a White Flag on a raider for a month.   I'd never pay 10 fuel to have someone trash their compound.  As it doesn't mean much to them, even if they don't bounty swap.

Deleth

Deleth
  • 111 posts

Zing, how in the world is that more punishing? They get to cook fuel in peace, can leave the game for extended periods of times and so on and on. There is little to no backdraft for them from not being "able to raid". 

If anything, a white flag should put the bounty duration on hold. When they come back after 1-2 weeks of inactivity it's still the full duration.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,160 posts

Zing, how in the world is that more punishing? They get to cook fuel in peace, can leave the game for extended periods of times and so on and on. There is little to no backdraft for them from not being "able to raid". 

Most people who raid, raid for the sake of raiding.   They don't raid for XP or resources (you can get more playing missions if you know what you're doing) -- they raid because they enjoy the act raiding itself.

If you told prolific raiders, "You can only play the portion of the game you enjoy the most once a month for 7 minutes" -- most would quit.

---

You didn't answer the question either.   Which would you rather have? 

Your compound trashed, and you can raid as much as you want.

Or you're forced not to raid for a month.

Those are you only choices, so which? 

Edited by Zingman, 10 September 2014 - 08:13 PM.

dumbjock123

dumbjock123
  • 929 posts

You are only able to get a bounty on you if you are the aggressor in a raid.  If you don't want to suffer a bounty, then don't raid. It's that simple. If you have a bounty on your head, white flag should be disabled.  Period.

If the developers don't want to go that route, then they should stop the bounty timer of anyone who puts on a white a flag and take them off the bounty board.  Then if/when they take off the white flag, the bounty timer should start again and they should go back on the board.  You shouldn't be able to white flag yourself out of a bounty. 

The88Percent

The88Percent
  • 122 posts

Most people who raid, raid for the sake of raiding.   They don't raid for XP or resources (you can get more playing missions if you know what you're doing) -- they raid because they enjoy the act raiding itself.

If you told prolific raiders, "You can only play the portion of the game you enjoy the most once a month for 7 minutes" -- most would quit.

---

You didn't answer the question either.   Which would you rather have? 

Your compound trashed, and you can raid as much as you want.

Or you're forced not to raid for a month.

Those are you only choices, so which? 

I stand my original statement then.

A player that has the White Flag on for the entire duration of the bounty isn't raiding.   To me that's more punishing than if somebody trashes the compound 10 minutes after they're bountied. 

Which would you rather have happen to you?

Somebody trashes your yard and downs all your survivors with severe injuries --- but you can continue raiding as much as you want.

-or-

You're forced to not raid for a month.

Those are your only choices.

I can tell you that, if i could, i would gladly pay 100 fuel (1000 even) if I could force a White Flag on a raider for a month.   I'd never pay 10 fuel to have someone trash their compound.  As it doesn't mean much to them, even if they don't bounty swap.

you asked me, not him...

and yeah, i would almost certainly choose raiding over WF.

however, if in some case i did WF for all 30 days, i honestly couldn't view that as a punishment at all. it would be my decision to WF and my decision to disable raiding. a decision made by your terms can't be considered a punishment.

someone who would choose to take a month off from raiding obviously sees white flagging as a less harsh "punishment." not everyone is a prolific raider or a "raid for the sake of raiding" type of person. neither of these 2 types of people would even consider throwing up the WF for 30 days as it is obviously viewed as a harsher punishment for them. this issue doesn't even concern them, really.

you may see it as a bigger punishment but it is not all black and white. you can smirk and brag about how you "forced" someone to stop raiding for a month because you issued a thousand fuel bounty on a guy while he and many others are laughing at you for wasting your fuel. not to mention everyone would be pissed for not being able to raid him and this problem would just get worse.

Most people who raid, raid for the sake of raiding.

this is just completely untrue. yeah, raiding is fun and some people do raid just for the fun of it but if you took away fuel generators and alliances/alliance wars right now you honestly think *most* raiders would still be playing next week?

If the developers don't want to go that route, then they should stop the bounty timer of anyone who puts on a white a flag and take them off the bounty board.  Then if/when they take off the white flag, the bounty timer should start again and they should go back on the board.  You shouldn't be able to white flag yourself out of a bounty. 

this idea makes so much sense. fully agree.

Edited by The88Percent, 11 September 2014 - 10:30 AM.

THE CAMANDO

THE CAMANDO
  • 49 posts

bounty hunting hard enough with so little targets available,,,i agree with the above comments,, people with a bounty on them should not be able to use the white flag !!!   do the crime then be prepared to do the time !!!   :)

crazyeightyfive

crazyeightyfive
  • 266 posts

people with a bounty on them should not be able to use the white flag !!!   do the crime then be prepared to do the time !!!   :)

This.

Still true, White Flagging out of a Bounty should place the Bounty on hold until the WF comes off.

Interesting that this thread is flagged as 'Popular' yet no direct Dev attention yet...

donbar

donbar
  • 5 posts

Did yet another bounty where all 10 survivors were defending their camp and I wounded all 10--yet I failed to receive the reward even after, obviously, wounding the leader!!!  Therefore, I have stopped doing bounties completely until this bug is fixed!!!

A Real Renegade

A Real Renegade
  • 490 posts
You have to kill the leader not just take off a little bit of their health.