Photo

Relocating Compounds

Compounds relocation raiding

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

If you've been playing this game for a while and haven't spent the time keeping your head down in the shadows the chances are your compound list is vast. For many veteran players who may not play as much as they did this obviously poses some problems given statistically, whilst many of those compounds are now abandoned, many are not, and the idea of a relatively quiet life pottering about the Dead Zone is an impossibility given they'll inevitably be someone hell bent on exploiting a weakness in your defence you've overlooked, or simply raiding you repeatedly given there is no airtight defence in this game, even at level 50 with two years of amassing awesome guns and gear and upgrading it. None of that matters, because someone with half your commitment will be able to find holes in your defence and your weekly or biweekly visit to the game might consist of clearing up the weekly mess they've made of your compound. 

Great fun, so many at lvl 50 hoist a white flag to spare themselves this hassle, or give up the game.

Neither really does anybody much good, even themselves given a white flag is a hassle itself on gameplay preventing a valuable book slot being used, or the thrill of a raid or bounty once in a while. I've got two level 50 accounts, my main trapped behind a white flag because of a pain in the arse using exploits to mess up my compound, and my other who is sort of my main now, who has had a relatively quiet time keeping their head down with a nice quiet compound list. It would be better if both could live in the same quiet neighbourhoods, but the main has a huge compound list from two years of bounties and mayhem in their recklace youth, before the alliance wars when raiding has been pushed and encouraged by the developers. Given one less white flag even if the account is a quiet and may only raid or bounty once in a while, is still once less white flag in the community, wouldn't it make sense to offer an incentive or solution to this immediate problem?

I have two ideas that might help. You never know, that player whose account so long behind a white flag because of one tiresome individual raiding them all the time, might rediscover their zeal, perhaps their interest in the game might simply not ebb away.

1. Removing tiresome compounds from your compound list

This was my first solution. Simply enable players the option to remove tiresome players from their compound list. There are myriad reasons, from the downright nasty player who simply relishes trashing your compound all the time (that's called bullying), to a player who you simply can't handle in terms of your and their level of skill, targeting you once in a while you simply can't do anything about, and gameplay is being dimminshed being a victim constantly. I had envisaged a lovely green fuel like button underneath another player's compound, 'remove from compound list,' costing an amount of fuel, with resources as well. There after you would only encounter that player if you bumped into each other during an alliance war or from a bounty. 

2. Relocating your compound to a quieter part of town

This really would be the complete start again option. Your fifty page compound list would suddenly be that six page compound list you started out with level one. One draw back here is you would lose sight of friendly compounds who might have been friendly for as long as you've been playing the game, perhaps two years, etc. But you would be able to play with a clean slate. Assuming the new bunch of compounds on your list are generated randomly, it would be a slight adventure in the dark what and who you get. Some may be abandoned compounds, others your nightmare raiders from hell. Bad luck. Such would be the cruel or forgiving hands of fate.

To prevent this from becoming an easy opt out option and players becoming permanent nomads, relocating would have a cost. Say perhaps you lose one survivor for three-five days scouting a suitable location), just as if they were being retrained. Then it would cost a hefty price in resources and some components, and an obvious fuel cost. Perhaps a big one, this is a drastic move like moving home after all, something really big to think about. 1500 or 3000 or something like that. Rebuilding the entire base whilst somewhat logical, would simply be far to time consuming practically. 

I prefer the first one myself. Be interested on any feedback. :)

The88Percent

The88Percent
  • 122 posts

the first idea basically sounds like you are suggesting a way to white flag a particular person. the second seems like a "safe mode" more or less.  

IMO, unless i am missing something, neither idea really benefits people in alliances since they don't even need to be targeted through the compound list.

i think the first idea is a nice way to fight off bullies/griefers but i feel like it is just a way to use WF without actually using WF so you can have that 4th slot open. in essence, you would just be using it against people who attack you more than once and not necessarily bullying. kinda kills the spirit of the game if you can just remove every minor inconvenience. but let's assume that this was only being used on actual griefers. the only people i can see paying for it are people not in an alliance who don't raid.

the second idea has the same issues.

I'm not a big fan of either

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

the first idea basically sounds like you are suggesting a way to white flag a particular person. the second seems like a "safe mode" more or less.  

IMO, unless i am missing something, neither idea really benefits people in alliances since they don't even need to be targeted through the compound list.

i think the first idea is a nice way to fight off bullies/griefers but i feel like it is just a way to use WF without actually using WF so you can have that 4th slot open. in essence, you would just be using it against people who attack you more than once and not necessarily bullying. kinda kills the spirit of the game if you can just remove every minor inconvenience. but let's assume that this was only being used on actual griefers. the only people i can see paying for it are people not in an alliance who don't raid.

the second idea has the same issues.

I'm not a big fan of either

Err, ok

So i've been playing for two years and have of late a problem with a particular player ruining my main account's game experience. He's somehow managed to get past my defences repeatedly, and don't even go there with the maxed out unique guns and armours I have. Basically there's no defence that will last, and if you aren't interested in raiding religiously, and devoting the time to it, it's white flag or wave that account farewell. 

These are both practical suggestions for keeping people playing the game and not white flagging. Most people will white flag or stop playing the game. I would rather neither.

DeadPunisher

DeadPunisher
  • 8 posts

i have friends playing now that i can neither help or trade items with..is it possible to move their compound to my area?? can't chat with them during game play either...how do i remedy this situation..i used to play battle pirates,and have encouraged some of my alliance from there to start playing this game...but can't communicate with them...help please

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Compounds, relocation, raiding