Photo

Trade High And Low On Kong - Please Remerge

trade chat high low

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Nephy

Nephy
  • 302 posts

There simply isn't a large enough volume of trade on Kong to justify the division of the trade channels. Trade has pretty much died anyway since around the time infamous stuff came in, and this only makes the problem worse. Dedicated traders hop between the 2 channels constantly. Please just give us one trade channel back - maybe on AG/FB they need to separated, but I think the 10 guys in trade low and 20 in trade high at any given time here can peacefully coexist...

Furryicecubes

Furryicecubes
  • 144 posts

especially as those most of those 30 people are the same people.

Low trade mostly consists of higher levels selling their junk, or trying to buy sportshots and/or hunter compacts.

I'll fully agree with Nephy, the chat split on kong is just not needed.

Anduvriel

Anduvriel
  • 285 posts

To be honest whole kong trade chat could be merged with public :P, usually its empty and people post everything on public..:/

I just wonder, if Con has 500000 players how this is even possible that whenever i am online on kong i see less than 30 people together on trade chat.. 

Caliclan

Caliclan
  • 185 posts
Can someone please explain the Kong chats to us people who never played on it please?

Nephy

Nephy
  • 302 posts

Can someone please explain the Kong chats to us people who never played on it please?

The same in-game chats as on every other server, just with a much smaller population than AG/FB server.

Caliclan

Caliclan
  • 185 posts
I really don't know how to suggest for this other then just delete the kong , fb, ag only chats and merge into a giant one. I also see many issues with hat I just said so I'm really stumped sorry.

Sev

Sev
  • 551 posts

Putting the rooms back together for Kong would mean maintaining another code base - we already do it a bit with the DMU and it is a hassle.

The idea of the higher trade room was to give the higher levels somewhere to trade without being bugged by low levels offering their low level stuff.

If we were to merge, I would be merging them back on all servers.

And Caliclan, the different platforms run in different servers, so they can't actually talk to each other.

Caliclan

Caliclan
  • 185 posts
Okay Sev, thankya. I really thought we all had chat together... That's kind of depressing knowing I can't speak to half the community... Also, is viewing compounds and fighting server based to? Would I be able to fight people from Kong or is it just AG that I can fight?

Nephy

Nephy
  • 302 posts

OK Sev, thanks for explaining - that makes sense and I respect that.

Okay Sev, thankya. I really thought we all had chat together... That's kind of depressing knowing I can't speak to half the community... Also, is viewing compounds and fighting server based to? Would I be able to fight people from Kong or is it just AG that I can fight?

Yahoo and Kong are two totally separate servers, whilst FB and AG share a server. Only FB and AG members can interact with each other, Kong and Yahoo are entirely separate.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: trade, chat, high, low