Photo

Fuel Boxes Nerfed... Again...

Fuel Boxesl Cards Keys

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

T_J

T_J
  • 481 posts

I gotta say, dropping the fuel from 450 to 300 seems sort of like a slap in the face. Some people, lots of people have acquired many Lvl 3 cards for these boxes. Losing the 150 off the top sucks. I can see why you guys dropped them from 750 down to 450, but 450 seemed like the right amount of risk, reward to me to open them still. Unless the keys dropped in price without me noticing or unless the chance to get the 300 fuel has risen, I see no point in the risk in opening up these new boxes. 

NightEagle

NightEagle
  • 298 posts

I've opened quite a lot of boxes (all 450f) in the past. and I like to get some feeling with the odds (although I realise there can be large variations), so I kept some data:

- From my first +- 80 boxes I got about an average of 78 fuel / box

- A while after that I opened about +-64 boxes and got an average of 60 fuel / box

So I got an average of 70 fuel, maybe a little more, since I didn't write this data down, it's just from memory.

- Two weeks ago I opened 100 boxes again and this time, I kept all the data. I had an average of 73.5 fuel / box.

Because we have new boxes now, I thought it would be interesting to see how much fuel I would get if had the same odds as with my last 100 boxes. This is what I got:

24cfe4n.jpg

So according to the data I have, the new boxes deliver 17% less fuel compared to the old boxes... (if the odds are the same)

T_J

T_J
  • 481 posts

Awesome Information. Seems the extra book will have more of an impact. 

NightEagle

NightEagle
  • 298 posts

Seems the extra book will have more of an impact. 

Not quite ;)

(15 fuel - 0 fuel) * 35 = 525 fuel

(450 fuel - 300 fuel) * 5 = 750 fuel

although the 450f (or 300f) price is most susceptible to variations, so maybe it actually does with the real odds Con uses.

T_J

T_J
  • 481 posts

Forgive me, my math is something terrible, had to pull out the old abacus to run some figures... It looks like the formula is the same according to your numbers. But instead of having a chance at even 15 fuel, we get stuck with another worthless book. Even that 525 in fuel is better than the books is the direction I was going with... Side note, man you got 100 of those boxes quick, nice work!

NightEagle

NightEagle
  • 298 posts

Side note, man you got 100 of those boxes quick, nice work!

I think you misunderstood. I didn't actually open 100 boxes with 300 fuel. I just calculated how much fuel / box I would get with the 300f boxes while using the same odds I got from opening 100 450f boxes and I switched the prices.

And Thumper, I did get unknown items with the first boxes I opened, not just with the last 100.

mtimmins92

mtimmins92
  • 82 posts

I got an M110 Mk. II in the old tactical box once, now that was not listed as what I could have gotten so it was the random item, just very lucky

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fuel Boxesl, Cards, Keys