Photo

Feedback, Feedback. Let's See..

nails upgrade missions covering injury deathmobile fuel generator comfort security

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

morphinonly

morphinonly
  • 28 posts

I recently started the game and I should say that I like it very much, especially the survival environment makes it more realistic. Although we want reality in the game till some point, we should remember it's a game and it also has to be comfortable.

I found the game great but as a low level I found many disturbing things too. Most of the things I say may not apply to higher levels, as the gameplay may change then.

I'm writing these mostly for game dev's. Player's also can correct the things if I'm mistaken. But dont come here with your "WALL OF TEXT" and "TL;DR" posts. Every small detail matters. I may have used harsh language, but it is not for offending anybody, it's just my speaking style. At least let me be free on internet.  So here we go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1- Missions;

- Characters may or should be passing from top of each other. I cant tell you how many times my survivors died, just because they're stupid and stuck between two other survivors. In reality this shouldnt occur. If it does, you would kill that survivor there for his/her stupidity. You can't be that stupid if you want to survive a zombie infection.

- Covering. Covering sucks. Mainly because it's hard to control your survivors even with keyboard. Zombies come, my melee survivor goes to the other room to kill them while my recon tries to reload and get kicked in the ass. Literally in the ass. So I figured when you get your ass kicked you can't reload. And that seems logical. But you can stop this by removing w,a,s,d controls from the game (in which you have your arrow keys to do that) and by adding "s" as stay command. So when my recon tries to reload, other survivors wouldnt have to go to the next city to kill zombies.

- I know that Injury system is gonna change, but it's a little silly when they all get injured if you exit the building out of exit zone. It's too much punishing and it makes the player say "f**k this shit, I am not gonna play for at least 2 hours now. Which hero should I pick in lol, hmmm...". Instead there should be a penalty if your survivors are below a certain health. Or when their health bar gets red. 

- So I don't know about high levels, but now if I go to a mission of my level, I have to wait 1 hour at least. If my survivor dies, check above feedback. I know this is intended. I know that it should be realistic. I know that if it's too low return times, that will give advantage to the players who are playing 7/24. Buuuuuuuuuut, what about deathmobile? Shouldn't I be sooooooo powerful if I get the deathmobile in this matter? I know you guys wanna make money, but dont try to push people who dont want to pay 30$ to your overadventegous rusty car. And dont come to me with the reasons like "oh it's a free game. go f**ck yourself if you dont want to pay". I know that's not true. Just dont even go there okay? I dont want to argue 2 hours about how game publishing and commerciality changing and this is the new tactic. I'm not saying it's bad. Just dont make it "YOU HAVE TO BUY THAT DEATHMOBILE". And this makes me think, what's gonna happen if I go to mission at level 30? Do I have to wait 6 hours? (I just learned that it is 3 1/2 hours)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2- Upgrade;

- You can't move fuel generator when it is not restocked. Restock is not an upgrade. you just have to put required amount of materials inside the generator. And in reality, you shouldn't be able to move when it got "restocked". It should be more heavy right? Or it is making some chemical magic to give you a**hole some fuel, just because you want to buy that freaking security key. So what does it change? You have other upgrades planned. As a low level, you dont have too much resources to restock it immediately. AND BAM. You got raided. You have a good defence but you realize your fuel generator is in totally wrong place (which is I guess the most important thing to raid). Or you are gonna change your whole defence. "Please restock it with 400 of each material so you can protect it. Oh and we dont care what happens to you after you restock it. If you can't defend it after restocking, fu, you suck. noob."

- Comfort and security upgrades. I guess this doesnt matter when you hit 10 survivors but heck. I am a criticizing customer. It's not logical if you spend 50 of each material to a bed to get one more comfort point but 23424732472734 material to kitchen just to get same 1 comfort point. It should go to 5->7 or something. Same goes for security. 

- Engineer's should be able to help upgrade. I think this is gonna happen and may have talked in the forums also before. But this is a need. Sometimes some upgrades are critical and even 1 hour is helpful. 

- JESUS CHRIST, HOW CAN I FIND 150 NAILS IF I WANT TO REPAIR GOD DAMN SPIKES?

- Well if you upgrade your metal drop off, you sir are not gonna produce metal for 2 days. <sarcasm>Because there is a construction going on, those poor people who bring metal will walk 10 km's more till the other compund and they're just gonna leave it there. And if you dont have cloth, and you are doing quests, and cant find enough cloth one full day to upgrade, you deserved it.<sarcasm/>

3- Other stuff;

-The game is too slow on my browser. Mostly I use google chrome, I use firefox to play the game also but I can't say it's too much of a difference. Armor games says this game is played 20 million times. There are also players from facebook and kongregate, I dont know if this is the number added up. So let's say 5 million players give you 1 dollar. I think that's enough to produce a real client. I know that you probably have thought of that and working on it, but it's getting late. We are living in technology era. The more it get's harder to play for the player, the easier you lose them.(I mean hard to connect, hard to play because of technical difficulties. not "omg this game is so hard")

These are stuff I saw in the last 10 days of my gameplay. And I will try to give more feedback as I continue my journey. 

Edited by morphinonly, 08 May 2013 - 12:46 PM.

morphinonly

morphinonly
  • 28 posts

And why don't you let us use full text editor in forums? Even when I try to edit, clicking on "use full text editor" just redirects me to another page with same text editor with zero tools.

LPGD

LPGD
  • 1,222 posts

I recently started the game and I should say that I like it very much, especially the survival environment makes it more realistic. Although we want reality in the game till some point, we should remember it's a game and it also has to be comfortable.

I found the game great but as a low level I found many disturbing things too. Most of the things I say may not apply to higher levels, as the gameplay may change then.

I'm writing these mostly for game dev's. Player's also can correct the things if I'm mistaken. But dont come here with your "WALL OF TEXT" and "TL;DR" posts. Every small detail matters. I may have used harsh language, but it is not for offending anybody, it's just my speaking style. At least let me be free on internet.  So here we go.

1- Missions;

- Characters may or should be passing from top of each other. I cant tell you how many times my survivors died, just because they're stupid and stuck between two other survivors. In reality this shouldnt occur. If it does, you would kill that survivor there for his/her stupidity. You can't be that stupid if you want to survive a zombie infection.

- Covering. Covering sucks. Mainly because it's hard to control your survivors even with keyboard. Zombies come, my melee survivor goes to the other room to kill them while my recon tries to reload and get kicked in the ass. Literally in the ass. So I figured when you get your ass kicked you can't reload. And that seems logical. But you can stop this by removing w,a,s,d controls from the game (in which you have your arrow keys to do that) and by adding "s" as stay command. So when my recon tries to reload, other survivors wouldnt have to go to the next city to kill zombies.

- I know that Injury system is gonna change, but it's a little silly when they all get injured if you exit the building out of exit zone. It's too much punishing and it makes the player say "f**k this shit, I am not gonna play for at least 2 hours now. Which hero should I pick in lol, hmmm...". Instead there should be a penalty if your survivors are below a certain health. Or when their health bar gets red. 

- So I don't know about high levels, but now if I go to a mission of my level, I have to wait 1 hour at least. If my survivor dies, check above feedback. I know this is intended. I know that it should be realistic. I know that if it's too low return times, that will give advantage to the players who are playing 7/24. Buuuuuuuuuut, what about deathmobile? Shouldn't I be sooooooo powerful if I get the deathmobile in this matter? I know you guys wanna make money, but dont try to push people who dont want to pay 30$ to your overadventegous rusty car. And dont come to me with the reasons like "oh it's a free game. go f**ck yourself if you dont want to pay". I know that's not true. Just dont even go there okay? I dont want to argue 2 hours about how game publishing and commerciality changing and this is the new tactic. I'm not saying it's bad. Just dont make it "YOU HAVE TO BUY THAT DEATHMOBILE". And this makes me think, what's gonna happen if I go to mission at level 30? Do I have to wait 6 hours? (I just learned that it is 3 1/2 hours)

2- Upgrade;

- You can't move fuel generator when it is not restocked. Restock is not an upgrade. you just have to put required amount of materials inside the generator. And in reality, you shouldn't be able to move when it got "restocked". It should be more heavy right? Or it is making some chemical magic to give you a**hole some fuel, just because you want to buy that freaking security key. So what does it change? You have other upgrades planned. As a low level, you dont have too much resources to restock it immediately. AND BAM. You got raided. You have a good defence but you realize your fuel generator is in totally wrong place (which is I guess the most important thing to raid). Or you are gonna change your whole defence. "Please restock it with 400 of each material so you can protect it. Oh and we dont care what happens to you after you restock it. If you can't defend it after restocking, fu, you suck. noob."

- JESUS CHRIST, HOW CAN I FIND 150 NAILS IF I WANT TO REPAIR GOD DAMN SPIKES?

3- Other stuff;

-The game is too slow on my browser. Mostly I use google chrome, I use firefox to play the game also but I can't say it's too much of a difference. Armor games says this game is played 20 million times. There are also players from facebook and kongregate, I dont know if this is the number added up. So let's say 5 million players give you 1 dollar. I think that's enough to produce a real client. I know that you probably have thought of that and working on it, but it's getting late. We are living in technology era. The more it get's harder to play for the player, the easier you lose them.(I mean hard to connect, hard to play because of technical difficulties. not "omg this game is so hard")

These are stuff I saw in the last 10 days of my gameplay. And I will try to give more feedback as I continue my journey. 

Okay, return times. Deal with it. I hit the places with 30 minutes or less return times during the day, hit the places with +1 hour before a meal or something that may take a while, and hit the places with +2 hours before bed so everything will be fine in the morning. Considering the time and effort the devs put into this game, the Deathmobile cost is perfectly acceptable. (although if it there was an option to have it cost 10,000 fuel instead, I wouldn't complain)

Fuel Generator: Yeah, it would be nice if you can upgrade without restocking, but it's not that big of a deal. Place your generator and defenses correctly, and you'll be golden. It's better to wait until you are + level 12 to get the generator, though. Just saying.

"150 nails": Reuse, refuse, recycle. Specifically, the last of the 3 R's. Broken chairs are great for nails. I've got more nails than I know what to do with. Same with copper wire and plastic.

Browser speed: Maybe it's your internet connection itself, not the browser. Ethernet is faster than Wifi if it's such a big deal for you. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nails, upgrade, missions, covering, injury, deathmobile, fuel generator, comfort, security