Photo

Ideas To Improve Pvp

pvp raiding idea

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

wwckjjj

wwckjjj
  • 1 posts

This is a list of ideas i had to improve the games pvp. They are only suggestions but i hope they are used to improve the game.

1. All weapons have equal chance/penalty to hit outside of their effective range.

2. Defending melee survivors rush at first shot like they have infected AI. This will help super low levels and might be an unexpected tactic         with armored fighters/recons at higher lvls.

3. Suppression, should be a special action, like you must hold space then click attack, suppression makes it so that you have very low hit          chance but suppress. this gives defenders a boost since they would auto suppress like normal.

4. Make cover more effective at reducing enemies chance to hit. Thus flanking, team suppression while part of the team moves tactics,              and cover itself become more important, giving the game a more military/strategy feeling.

5. A weapon's suppression stat should be clearly marked and should be higher for close ranged weapons to encourage variety.

6. Melee survivors should not be effected by suppression and should suppress/daze their target once they hit them or their cover.

Myst

Myst
  • 82 posts

I don't see how this will increase PVP. All it is doing is making it easier to raid. Also #4 has already been done. Are you suggesting to lower it further and make people just WF because it is hardly possible to defend?

Revenant

Revenant
  • 437 posts

This is a list of ideas i had to improve the games pvp. They are only suggestions but i hope they are used to improve the game.

1. All weapons have equal chance/penalty to hit outside of their effective range.

different weapons should have different accuracy. you can't expect that firing a pistol and a long rifle outside effective range would have the same result.

2. Defending melee survivors rush at first shot like they have infected AI. This will help super low levels and might be an unexpected tactic         with armored fighters/recons at higher lvls.

yeah. but in the other hand it would always keep melee defenders scattered and far from the people they should be defending (gunners). melee are always used in two ways a) shields = while remaining close to other survivors they intercept zombies before they can reach the gunners. b) decoys = lure zombies into chasing him, and then move around the zombies, always keeping them into the fire range of the other survivors.

3. Suppression, should be a special action, like you must hold space then click attack, suppression makes it so that you have very low hit          chance but suppress. this gives defenders a boost since they would auto suppress like normal.

Suppression should be working that way. i don't know if its a bug or not but least for myself i can only suppress an enemy by firing directly at himself. suppressing their defensive position does nothing at all.

4. Make cover more effective at reducing enemies chance to hit. Thus flanking, team suppression while part of the team moves tactics,              and cover itself become more important, giving the game a more military/strategy feeling.

cover is already too buffed up ... un-flanked cover makes survivors immune to attacks while reloading, while kneeling or idle. 

5. A weapon's suppression stat should be clearly marked and should be higher for close ranged weapons to encourage variety.

agreed. we can't say witch weapon is best while comparing two similar guns ... but by  common sense weapons with higher fire rate should be best at suppressing, light machine guns, assault rifles ... I would like to know however if effective range does affect suppression. like ... if a LMG with +15 range would be best at suppression against other LMG without it. and considering they are firing outside effective range.

6. Melee survivors should not be effected by suppression and should suppress/daze their target once they hit them or their cover.

why not give the enemy survivor some heavy penalties for using firearms at close combat instead ... 

The Static Line

The Static Line
  • 27 posts

Feedback (comment number corresponds to suggestion number)

1. That would be outrageous, as Revenant said a pistol having the same attributes as a LR when it comes to shooting outside ones effective range is ridiculous.

2. In a PvP situation, Melee survivors are useless, if they ran at lets say a Recon with a LR they would be gunned down by the time they got half way through the effective range circle.

3, That is pretty much in affect already when manually shooting at a defender.

4, Revenant has a valid point on this too, the cover is already buffed up to a unprecedented level

5. Suppression is determined by the noise a gun produces, and how close the bullet comes to the survivor. (also affected if the defender/attacker has padded armor equipped)

6. The raiders using melee are still just people, it would be unfair if they weren't affected by suppression. However I do agree that if you manage to break the cover of a enemy survivor it should daze them and/or knock them down depending on the weapon and the amount of damage it deals, i.e. A battering ram would be very effective at knocking a person off their feet. Problem is getting to the target without being turned into Swiss Cheese.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pvp, raiding, idea