This is a list of ideas i had to improve the games pvp. They are only suggestions but i hope they are used to improve the game.
1. All weapons have equal chance/penalty to hit outside of their effective range.
different weapons should have different accuracy. you can't expect that firing a pistol and a long rifle outside effective range would have the same result.
2. Defending melee survivors rush at first shot like they have infected AI. This will help super low levels and might be an unexpected tactic with armored fighters/recons at higher lvls.
yeah. but in the other hand it would always keep melee defenders scattered and far from the people they should be defending (gunners). melee are always used in two ways a) shields = while remaining close to other survivors they intercept zombies before they can reach the gunners. b) decoys = lure zombies into chasing him, and then move around the zombies, always keeping them into the fire range of the other survivors.
3. Suppression, should be a special action, like you must hold space then click attack, suppression makes it so that you have very low hit chance but suppress. this gives defenders a boost since they would auto suppress like normal.
Suppression should be working that way. i don't know if its a bug or not but least for myself i can only suppress an enemy by firing directly at himself. suppressing their defensive position does nothing at all.
4. Make cover more effective at reducing enemies chance to hit. Thus flanking, team suppression while part of the team moves tactics, and cover itself become more important, giving the game a more military/strategy feeling.
cover is already too buffed up ... un-flanked cover makes survivors immune to attacks while reloading, while kneeling or idle.
5. A weapon's suppression stat should be clearly marked and should be higher for close ranged weapons to encourage variety.
agreed. we can't say witch weapon is best while comparing two similar guns ... but by common sense weapons with higher fire rate should be best at suppressing, light machine guns, assault rifles ... I would like to know however if effective range does affect suppression. like ... if a LMG with +15 range would be best at suppression against other LMG without it. and considering they are firing outside effective range.
6. Melee survivors should not be effected by suppression and should suppress/daze their target once they hit them or their cover.
why not give the enemy survivor some heavy penalties for using firearms at close combat instead ...