Photo

New Quality

quality ideas item weapon gear con please see

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Jack Bomber

Jack Bomber
  • 65 posts

Right what it says on the tin, I have been thinking, why not make another quality of items that are customizable in name?

These items could be called "Custom", their background color is lime, are non-tradeable and have custom names and the quality is between Rare and Very Rare. The concept of it is simple, any guns from Very Rare and below can be renamed with a custom, selectable name (offensive names are to be removed), this renaming costs 25 fuel for level 10 and below items, 50 for 10 and up items, and 75 for 30 and above items.

Revenant

Revenant
  • 437 posts

Why not simple enable name modification for crafted items ?

Rising Phoenix

Rising Phoenix
  • 610 posts

Apart from making the gun have a name, what would this accomplish? Don't mistake this for being against the idea though, in fact I would really love to have one of these Custom weapons (especially a Custom pocket knife). Of course, the game uses a selection pool when it comes to making names, selecting the first and last word/s, so we would not have "true" customized names.

I hope this isn't asking too much, but what about making them pseudo-rares? With two powerful, random stat modification,but less powerful than a rare or uni, and also, like you mentioned, cannot be traded to prevent mass crafting for alts. They would be able to be crafted, but would cost a variable amount of fuel, depending on the weapon in question, but more than crafting a purple and less than Infamous. After crafting, we could get taken to a screen where we choose the first and last words of the name. Con gets more money this way, we get something similar to less powerful rares and unis that we can craft, so people who have a hard time finding unis can still do something to get a moderately powerful weapon (with luck), and we get our own somewhat customized name for the weapon.

But like I said, just my own addition, tried my best to think of balance. Any feedback given in a reasonable manner is welcome.

EDIT: We would also need a different colour, since it could easily be confused with a mission book. I suggest brown, since we don't have any colours similar to that.

Edited by Rising Phoenix, 19 October 2014 - 06:26 AM.

JanMikal

JanMikal
  • 7 posts

I would say the only reason not to allow this option would be because of the legion of offensive, vulgar or simply ridiculous names that people would come up with. I've already seen character names that are all of the above, sometimes all at once, and allowing people to name weapons would just be more of the same. You know someone is going to name a big rifle something like 'Distance F*cker' or 'I KEEL YOU' or some other such nonsense. I can only imagine what a powerful melee would be like - Mister Fister or some such.

Jack Bomber

Jack Bomber
  • 65 posts

I would say the only reason not to allow this option would be because of the legion of offensive, vulgar or simply ridiculous names that people would come up with. I've already seen character names that are all of the above, sometimes all at once, and allowing people to name weapons would just be more of the same. You know someone is going to name a big rifle something like 'Distance F*cker' or 'I KEEL YOU' or some other such nonsense. I can only imagine what a powerful melee would be like - Mister Fister or some such.

Not like certain Uniques and Rares arent already not-so-subtle...

Apart from making the gun have a name, what would this accomplish? Don't mistake this for being against the idea though, in fact I would really love to have one of these Custom weapons (especially a Custom pocket knife). Of course, the game uses a selection pool when it comes to making names, selecting the first and last word/s, so we would not have "true" customized names.

I hope this isn't asking too much, but what about making them pseudo-rares? With two powerful, random stat modification,but less powerful than a rare or uni, and also, like you mentioned, cannot be traded to prevent mass crafting for alts. They would be able to be crafted, but would cost a variable amount of fuel, depending on the weapon in question, but more than crafting a purple and less than Infamous. After crafting, we could get taken to a screen where we choose the first and last words of the name. Con gets more money this way, we get something similar to less powerful rares and unis that we can craft, so people who have a hard time finding unis can still do something to get a moderately powerful weapon (with luck), and we get our own somewhat customized name for the weapon.

But like I said, just my own addition, tried my best to think of balance. Any feedback given in a reasonable manner is welcome.

EDIT: We would also need a different colour, since it could easily be confused with a mission book. I suggest brown, since we don't have any colours similar to that.

Yeah, lets use brown, I thought of this little silly idea for a little bit on the DZ0 chat, and I was like "good 'nuff", because why not add more qualities to the game? (I have got a small addiction to see things ranked by quality and color... apart from that...) I would like to have a Very Rare bat called [The Thumper]

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

and as if the developers haven't wasted enough time dealing with people whining about offensive language, or using it. 

Revenant

Revenant
  • 437 posts

By your logic we shouldn't be able to rename our survivors. Yet we are and i don't see anyone bragging about their uber survivors being named in this or that way.  To deny a good game feature just because it would be inadequately used by some players isn't the best way to approach the situation. Some players are always going to look for gaps and exploits the rules for their advantage or amusement ... should their immaturity deprive the great majority of players willing to make use of a new game feature ? of course not.

Edited by Revenant, 19 October 2014 - 11:13 PM.

Sev

Sev
  • 553 posts

Sorry, this is not going to happen.  

I would have liked to added something like this (and even talked it over a couple of times) but the fact that I suspended 72 players yesterday because of there offensive names shows that people can't be trusted not to be jerks.

And in answer to the ability to change survivor names - they are never shown to anyone else.  I doubt that you would want to be able to name weapons if no-one else could see them.

Ellaria

Ellaria
  • 50 posts

I would have liked to added something like this (and even talked it over a couple of times) but the fact that I suspended 72 players yesterday because of there offensive names shows that people can't be trusted not to be jerks.

I laughed.  I cried.  This was better than Cats.  

Revenant

Revenant
  • 437 posts

And in answer to the ability to change survivor names - they are never shown to anyone else.  I doubt that you would want to be able to name weapons if no-one else could see them.

Yeah ... now with proper numbers i got the picture.

Tough work Sev ... 

Do you guys think it would be possible to implement filters against those jerks ? just crossed my mind that if possible/viable it would open room for other features and save you guys some hours (days?) of tedious work.

Rising Phoenix

Rising Phoenix
  • 610 posts

But don't you use a predefined list for the names of unis or rares? I suggested that if this were to become something, that to name it, we just choose from a similar list to the ones for unis and rares.

Ivan

Ivan
  • 571 posts

But there is a whole popular and growing aspect of the game you would be ruining if this happened. Wont happen,but let me tell you anyway.

There are people collecting uniques with certain names and they do it for fun/achievement,which the games in general are all about.

I know one guy on Kong and there are probably more on other servers doing it.

Who knows maybe I will join them someday when all the rest of fun/achievements have been exhausted. Have you done that?

Sev`s Famine, Sev`s Benefit, SevĀ“s... :)

Jack Bomber

Jack Bomber
  • 65 posts

You talked about it? well, at least that is something.

Yeah, just enable some filters to vulgar names, and suspend anyone who passes it, subtle names are one thing but vulgar things are another...

PS: The chats got 100% wackier.

But don't you use a predefined list for the names of unis or rares? I suggested that if this were to become something, that to name it, we just choose from a similar list to the ones for unis and rares.

Hey, that could work! just choose from two or three predefined names for your guns!

I wished to have a gun called "Jack's Ultimatum" or "Jack's Banquet".... man, that would be awesome.

Edited by Jack Bomber, 23 October 2014 - 02:19 AM.

BlackBear

BlackBear
  • 145 posts

Why not simple enable name modification for crafted items ?

I though about a system of re-Crafting any Crafted item, changing the Quality for "Custom" or whatsoever. The thing is that this re-Craft would grant the Item a new name:

Of course, the game uses a selection pool when it comes to making names, selecting the first and last word/s, so we would not have "true" customized names.

Just as Uniques/Rares do. And would grant the Crafted Weapon a random bonus (I though 5%) in a random add that the Weapon/Gear already has. 

I like the idea of increasing the max Craft cap (25 to 30%) with the right cost of FUEL, but only throught re-Crafting 30% would be achieved, and with a good roll.

So basically you could re-Craft and Crafted Item, which would change it's name for a different one, and add 5% to a random bonus of the Weapon (this is a fairly reason to re-Craft and burn your FUEL). So, for example, if I was going to re-Craft a Blue FAL it would be about 33% of chance of having 30% more range. It's interesting. A high FUEL price for the chance of having a very nice Craft bonus. 

This would make Crafted Weapons so competitive as Uniques. The 5% plus a perfect Craft of a Sighted M107 Schem would grant 45% of range (15+25+5%). The Maintained Schems would grant 35% range, which is fairly good, or new Extended Schems for 40%...

About Gear, why not increase the gap, for only re-Crafted Ballistic Vests to 75%? It'll be the best gear for Raiding (not for defending because of the way better explosive resistence of Unis).

Making Crafted Weapons awesome as Unis for Rading is a BIG change. (Remember that I'm talking about PERFECT Crafts, so it isn't THAT easy to get them, though).

This change would affect the Raid economy. Do you think that it would be good? One thing I can say: I can't tell how these changes would the economy of the game at all!

The possibility of making "Custom" Items untradable is still on, making it not-so-drastic.

If a re-Craft isn't the best idea, maybe a Component that would grant those bonuses to a previously Crafted Item. 

And not less important, a Crafted Item could be re-Crafted only ONCE. "I have a perfect FAL Craft and gonna re-Craft it! Yay! *sigh* it increased APS, I'll have to start over again".

...but more than crafting a purple and less than Infamous.

This is the way, though. But since Infamous are Crafted Items, they could get it so, it would be a possibility to have a different name and the bonus. "Big Ol' Boomstick" and "The Greater Sandman" seems nice to me xD.

Maybe Con is just satisfied how things go on atm on the game, but I still think that "Custom" items would be interesting for the game at all.

My final overview is that a new Quality for Crafted Weapons is something to explore into the game. Maybe what I said so far is bullsh*t and it isn't doable, but regardless of whatever argument, keep this idea.

EDIT: A new backgroud for "Custom" Items would be SO NICE!!

"Captain's Deadeye"

"Sandman is a lie" LOL heh

Edited by BlackBear, 25 October 2014 - 03:00 AM.

BlackBear

BlackBear
  • 145 posts
"Custom" Items, the concept:

"A new tab on Craft Bench of Custom Items which would be very similar to Upgrade one. There you could add in any Item the 'Custom' Quality and a prefix (like Vintage). This would grant the Item 5% in a random add of the item."

1 - There would be needed Components to add "Custom" Quality. These Components would ONLY be sought in the in-game Store for FUEL. They would be untradable.
1.1 - Each Quality would have its own price (Green, Blue, Purple and Infamous).
1.1.1 - Green, Blue and Purple Components would be needed for both Scavenged Items and Crafted, but Crafted ones would cost more of those.
2 - Once the Player have the Components, there will be a FUEL price based on item's lvl (like Upgrading, but maybe lower).
3 - There would be a special Component for Crafted Items that would change their names and background. Just cosmetic stuff. It could be a additional Component in the process. Same as others Components, it would be sought in the Store and untradable. (Con could make these cosmetic Components based in season events; a season "Custom" Item would be pretty nice!)
4 - About other Qualities is very debatable. Premium and Rares aren't a big deal, though. But when applied on Uniques, the max gap could/couldn't be upgraded. My first opinion is to make it's Components with a stratospheric price, plus a huge pice for add "Custom" Quality (but it would be managed by reduced FUEL cost price though).

So the "Custom" Quality would be an chance to make better Items. Since it would cost FUEL, it would be basically a Upgrade. This is an opportunity to make Crafted Items more useful if this process would be affordable for Crafted Items. "Custom" Uniques, IMO, should have the already said stratospheric price, being a lust of those who can afford.

Edit:
- Infamous still wouldn't be tradable.
- I don't know how Premium Items would work at all, but still think that the buff is fundamental for them.
- Read my comment above.
- Cosmetic stuff would only be applied to Scavenged/Crafted Green, Blue or Purple Items. The add status and its Craft Bonuses would not be affected. (Only by the "Custom" Quality).
- Cosmetic stuff would be optional. The Player can Upgrade to "Custom" and change the item's cosmetic, in the same way that he/she can only Upgrade it.

Edited by BlackBear, 25 October 2014 - 05:15 AM.

BlackBear

BlackBear
  • 145 posts
Damn, I almost forgot:
- The new cosmetic names would have the prefix "Custom" or whatsoever and have a random name rolled by a defined pool just as Rare/Unique Items.

The Lost Soul

The Lost Soul
  • 36 posts

They Should Make Rares More Powerful or more stronger than purples but weaker than unis to make rare worth

Edited by The Lost Soul, 25 October 2014 - 06:25 AM.

BlackBear

BlackBear
  • 145 posts

So, any chance to the possibility of changing the name of Crafted Items, considering that would be the same system as Unique/Rare ones?

Jack Bomber

Jack Bomber
  • 65 posts

I agree, but the component used to change the name should be an Infamous Component

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: quality, ideas, item, weapon, gear, con please see