Photo

Raiding Strategies For Starters

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

Very helpful info. How do you know what the defenders are equipped with?

You can see if they wear armor or not. Just "dress up" your own guys a little and see the difference. Bandos or other reload gear will make them reload faster, which is quite easy to see in the faster animations. You can't see if they wear glasses, only feel it when they hit you earlier than you thought. :)

As far as guns are concerned, you will get the hang of distinguishing the weapons by their model, sound, APS etc.

The best thing is to do test raids and equip your guys with different guns and gear items to get an impression.

Jolietjake

Jolietjake
  • 56 posts

Thx DJ.

culinarycop

culinarycop
  • 1 posts

On the hard parking lot defense, i'm curious as to what prevents attackers from spawning in the street behind the car, suppressing defenders, then just popping smoke and getting the flag?  Thank you.  And great information for us newcomers.  Greatly appreciate your hard work.

Alamat

Alamat
  • 155 posts

On the hard parking lot defense, i'm curious as to what prevents attackers from spawning in the street behind the car, suppressing defenders, then just popping smoke and getting the flag?  Thank you.  And great information for us newcomers.  Greatly appreciate your hard work.

In most hard parking lot defenses, the only place where you can spawn is the top left car. The top right car is within the range of at least two towers and some ground defenders, so if you spawn there, some of your men will already be down before getting the defenders suppressed. 

If you mean the bottom left car, you wouldn't want to spawn there because it is within the range of almost all defenders. If you manage to avoid getting killed, you will be under suppression, which also means your throwing range is reduced. And with the flag being on the right side in most hard parking lot defenses, smoke-stealing is no longer an option.

Also, you wouldn't want to spawn behind concrete barriers, because they offer less cover. 

You can grenade the towers from the inside (when you spawn at the top left car), but you must get past the gatekeepers first. Of course, to be able to do so, you must find all the right angles (to bring down gatekeepers) and avoid the enemy line of fire (to avoid getting killed), not to mention dealing with other obstacles and being outranged by the gatekeepers themselves. The hard parking lot defense is probably the most challenging setup if done right.

zsoleszdc

zsoleszdc
  • 342 posts

This post has almost encouraged me to rebuild my defence and start raiding. Almost. :)

Skidtzo

Skidtzo
  • 15 posts

Some very basic questions...

1) so grenades do damage and/or suppress greater than that little white circle that you use when throwing one?

2) suppressing one person suppresses everyone adjacent... how close do they need to be to be adjacent?

Is there anything else really basic that we should know if we are just starting out?

Skidtzo

Skidtzo
  • 15 posts

Some very basic questions...

1) so grenades do damage and/or suppress greater than that little white circle that you use when throwing one?

2) suppressing one person suppresses everyone adjacent... how close do they need to be to be adjacent?

3) which books are useful to have equipped?

Is there anything else really basic that we should know if we are just starting out?

Skidtzo

Skidtzo
  • 15 posts

I just watched the videos on another PC and I see that there is supposed to be a white ring around the grenades showing blast radius. I have the little "Poor performance? Your video card may not be supported. Click here to find out." message and have always ignored it due to complete lack of poor performance. However, now that I see that white ring for grenades, I suppose that is the aforementioned poor performance and would have made the whole PVP experience a lot easier even without this guide. I just get the white blob in the middle, not the outer white ring. So you might want to mention that in there also - that the poor perormance message might actually matter in pvp, even if it never has before for someone. Other things that show in the videos that I can see in this post and other places that don't show with "poor performance" all could matter also. Tracer rounds work both ways... except with poor performance. The fuel generator is clearly sending up smoke fumes in some videos but with poor performance, you can't see that it is churning away. etc.

infiniteideal

infiniteideal
  • 51 posts

This article is so great. Thanks to you, I get idea of calculating lifetime according to distance and finish my math model of PvP. I know the damage and accuracy out of range, suppression value and cover value, I know how to calculate lifetime of all defenders. 

THE_MAXX

THE_MAXX
  • 70 posts

thanks for the advice bro 

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

This article is so great. Thanks to you, I get idea of calculating lifetime according to distance and finish my math model of PvP. I know the damage and accuracy out of range, suppression value and cover value, I know how to calculate lifetime of all defenders. 

Wow, that's a ton of real numbers I don't have.  Care to share?

THE_MAXX

THE_MAXX
  • 70 posts

thanks bro at like Lvl 20 i use to always think pillow forts and think they were impenetrable but now there a walk in the park thanks bro  

infiniteideal

infiniteideal
  • 51 posts

Wow, that's a ton of real numbers I don't have.  Care to share?

I'd like to share the knowledge. Here shows what kind of hidden math I know: http://forum.conarti...novice-raiders/

My alliance leader tell me not to post them to let other alliance raider become supper raider. We still need to fight for TOP3. Do u like to talk with me about those numbers by Facebook or QQ privately?