Photo

Changelog - Quick Bug Fixes V1.45 Build 2540

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

SOLD

SOLD
  • 43 posts

Con, the easiest solution to the reload exploit is to just make the suppression accumulate while behind cover (or reloading).

Right now (or rather: before the update) the defenders would try forever to fully suppress that one reloading guy -- to no avail, because suppression couldn't be added while the guy was reloading, or the suppression was in fact even decaying. That's the main and probably only reason why the reload exploit worked: The defenders didn't switch their target before the suppression was full.

So instead of introducing this new rather complicated targeting system, why not just make suppression accumulate even when reloading - et voilĂ , problem solved. :)

i tried it myself and yeah that one should be added on the update i guess upon spawn there's no more problems but it will kinda remove the chance to raid those guys w/ high-end weapon if it got remove and so on but it will make the lvl 50 raiders competitive, base on my raiding career i have notice this problem a lot of times but this war i havent been raided yet so lets see if i got a report ill link it here and reveal he's tactics

Con

Con
  • 4,259 posts

I repeat because I do not see a reply. Will you change the gas charge for crafting medical supplies back to 0?????

Yep, fix is about to be uploaded. 

(My feedback is only from test raids against my own compound.)

1. Random targeting

I find the new targeting rules to have made raiding my compound incredibly easy compared to before. The problem is that the reload invulnerability isn't gone at all: You can still pull one guy into invulnerability by making him reload. With the new targeting, the other 4 attackers will get hit randomly: Everybody gets hit a little, nobody gets downed. I have pleeenty of time to toss a smoke, heal, rinse and repeat.

From some spawn points I didn't even need to throw smokes to give me time to heal. As long as you spawn behind 100% cover the attackers will down the defenders within seconds while only some stray bullets will find their way to some random attackers. Like I said above: Everybody gets hit a little, nobody gets hit seriously. And this is against 9 uni m107s and 1 uni M60, most of them within range.

Before the update one attacker would get hit by EVERY defender making it very hard to save that one from dying. Now it's super easy.

(If you wish, Con, I can provide some videos to illustrate the problem.)

2. Defensive loadout bug?

I need confirmation by other players for this bug, but my defensive loadout won't be equipped in test raids. Some of my guys don't wear armors (although I clearly have them equipped), one guy stands around without a gun. The problem persists even after several refreshes.

Video would be great. We're obviously dealing with a whole bunch of variables, survivor positions, compound layouts etc etc. 

Con

Con
  • 4,259 posts

With the raiding AI, this is all that changed.

Target Threat - increased the threat rating of attackers who are attacking the AI survivor.

Open Threat - increased the threat of attackers that are in the open, because they're easier targets.

What it sounds like is that the Open Threat might be a bit too high (I'm guessing these medics are out of cover when they're healing). It's literally one number to adjust, will run some tests today.

Deadzoner

Deadzoner
  • 75 posts

Sorry to repeat this again Con since I did not get a single reply, when will you put the rationing book ( 50% ) back in the store??? I have been waiting for the book to return to the store.

T_J

T_J
  • 481 posts

New Premium boxes Boosts. 

What are the boost I can expect from the newest versions premium boxes? I have opened a bunch and now have about 5 days of 15% of daily fuel cap. I also got the one hour looter boost the xp boost and the health boost. Any other changes? Was the crafting boost removed? 

Also, are HERC Fuel Boxes going to return? The sooner I know the sooner i can make some trades. Dont want to be stuck holding 150 level 3 keys with no boxes.

Edited by T_J, 12 November 2014 - 11:43 PM.

Con

Con
  • 4,259 posts

New Premium boxes Boosts. 

What are the boost I can expect from the newest versions premium boxes? I have opened a bunch and now have about 5 days of 15% of daily fuel cap. I also got the one hour looter boost the xp boost and the health boost. Any other changes? Was the crafting boost removed? 

Also, are HERC Fuel Boxes going to return? The sooner I know the sooner i can make some trades. Dont want to be stuck holding 150 level 3 keys with no boxes.

Two new boosts added to the Premium Supply Boxes - Fuel  Boost and Ammo Cost reduction. Looking at some new budget boxes soon, next few weeks.

crazyeightyfive

crazyeightyfive
  • 266 posts

Thank you for the fixes Con - and can we still expect some word on the War Rewards sometime today?

Con

Con
  • 4,259 posts

Sorry to repeat this again Con since I did not get a single reply, when will you put the rationing book ( 50% ) back in the store??? I have been waiting for the book to return to the store.

It's pretty low on my priority list at the moment. 

Deadzoner

Deadzoner
  • 75 posts

Alright and thanks for your answer Con, but please put the rationing book ( 50% ) back in the store soon as not only me needed to buy the book, there got other players who also want to buy the book too.

T_J

T_J
  • 481 posts

Oh, one other thing, I would like a silver version of the Golden God Mask. A silver mask with a Navy helmet and I can make me my own person Cobra Commander. Just need a Navy Blue Uniform. 

Con

Con
  • 4,259 posts

Thank you for the fixes Con - and can we still expect some word on the War Rewards sometime today?

Yep!

Con

Con
  • 4,259 posts

Oh, one other thing, I would like a silver version of the Golden God Mask. A silver mask with a Navy helmet and I can make me my own person Cobra Commander. Just need a Navy Blue Uniform. 

Hah, love it.

Deadzoner

Deadzoner
  • 75 posts

Con, I think the game would be great if the dead zone game added a supply drop zone locations throughout the Union City for players to pick up US Military supply boxes ( dropped by US Military Air Force ) or HERC special elite tactical supply boxes ( dropped by HERC airplanes ).

Note--> The players who went to these drop zone locations have to fight with each other using leaders only to get the supply boxes ( It is more of a kind of a new PVP mode ).

P.S--> Got inspired by another zombie game. Do you want to hear it?

Edited by Deadzoner, 13 November 2014 - 02:08 AM.

vyking

vyking
  • 216 posts

not sure if any1 else mentioned it yet, but your newest patch has made some serious flaws in smoke grenades

was trying to make video, but the constant disconnects today are frustrating.

ie. you pop a smoke, walk into it, and if target has you  in range, shoots u regardless of smoke or not

Edited by vyking, 13 November 2014 - 04:53 AM.

Con

Con
  • 4,259 posts

not sure if any1 else mentioned it yet, but your newest patch has made some serious flaws in smoke grenades

was trying to make video, but the constant disconnects today are frustrating.

ie. you pop a smoke, walk into it, and if target has you  in range, shoots u regardless of smoke or not

It shouldn't affect smoke at all as it's line of sight based, not based on threat. 

Was your guy being shot at before he entered the smoke?

vyking

vyking
  • 216 posts

It shouldn't affect smoke at all as it's line of sight based, not based on threat. 

Was your guy being shot at before he entered the smoke?

ive had it happen twice now

first scenario,   spawn trap,  i spawned, was under fire, used smoke to cover my survivors ,defenders continued to fire despite survivors all being completely inside smoke area.

2nd scenario,  spawn trap, i spawned in safe area, and created smoke bridge to first concrete barrier, started moving survivors thru smoke bridge into place behind concrete, defenders both in the tower, and on the ground behind a barricade, opened fire,  sent second survivor, same thing, made new smoke bridge, turned on bandicam, and crashie poo

if its any help, both were within last  2 hr, and i can tll you who it was against, not sure if u can check out raid reports on your end

when lockout is over ill try replicate again.

p.s what the chances of getting you to remove lockouts temporarily, on days like today where you had server issues(or is it all armors side?)

Edited by vyking, 13 November 2014 - 05:37 AM.

Con

Con
  • 4,259 posts

ive had it happen twice now

first scenario,   spawn trap,  i spawned, was under fire, used smoke to cover my survivors ,defenders continued to fire despite survivors all being completely inside smoke area.

2nd scenario,  spawn trap, i spawned in safe area, and created smoke bridge to first concrete barrier, started moving survivors thru smoke bridge into place behind concrete, defenders both in the tower, and on the ground behind a barricade, opened fire,  sent second survivor, same thing, made new smoke bridge, turned on bandicam, and crashie poo

if its any help, both were within last  2 hr, and i can tll you who it was against, not sure if u can check out raid reports on your end

when lockout is over ill try replicate again.

p.s what the chances of getting you to remove lockouts temporarily, on days like today where you had server issues(or is it all armors side?)

Tested it locally, can't replicate the problem. Some video would be great.

We can't remove lockouts across the board. What issues are you getting?

vyking

vyking
  • 216 posts

just random disconnects, alliance chat disconnects, pms to people saying not connected when your chatting with them already(but if u open pub chat pms come thru)

all small things,  waiting for a nice spawn trap to open up again to replicate smoke error

update: just tried it again,smoke failed again, again disconnected when i turned on bandicam, sry bud gonna have to be another day, i need to get back to scoring and these lockouts are killin me

any chance its the lag causing smoke to visually appear, but server not recognizing it?

Edited by vyking, 13 November 2014 - 06:14 AM.

peteyc20

peteyc20
  • 128 posts

The change to the Defender AI in Raids is probably the biggest change. We had an exploit where very threatening targets were being ignored in favor of less threatening ones. This change may not fix it completely, but it should have some impact.

I'm looking for feedback from our top end raiders on this. We've basically made the defenders choose their targets more wisely. For example,  if there's two attackers shooting at them and one of them is in the open, they'll sometimes (depending on the situation) choose to target that survivor as it's an easier target to hit.

Seriously?  Con, you know I always encourage and try to appreciate when you try to adjust and fine tune. So even when you go in the wrong direction (imo) I want to appreciate that you are trying to make the game better.

However, I fundamentally don't understand where you are coming from sometimes.  With a little work, we all know you can very easily improve your AI to the point where defenses are impossible to crack.  The easiest way is by rotating your targets because no matter what I do, your AI can always change to a new target much faster than I can click my mouse.

It's much like when guys join the Alliance.  They always want to know how to prevent themself from getting raided.  I have to explain to them that if anyone comes up with a perfect defense this game will become impossible to play because everyone will just gopy the same defense and there will be no point in raiding any more.  Yes, you can make it hard-ER to geat raided, but that's it.

Con, I know there is this strong contingent of old players that always put pressure to keep this game (raiding) from "being boring" because it's "too easy".  The response is often to throw in these randomizing effects.  LIke traps that don't get spotted, or that trap that my engineer supposedly has a 90% chance of disarming but yet I have to burn 4 attempts because it fails.

Now apparently if my tactic of choice for a given defense is to keep my recon (for instance) in the back with glasses while my heavy armored guys up front try to take the heat, your "improved" AI is now going to "randomly" take a shot at the recon and, since he has no vest, one or two bullets and he'll be dead.

More random ways to fail a raid?  That's how I see it and I don't like it!  Speaking for myself, I play this game to try and out-tactic my opponent.  I look at his defense and I want to try to find a way to crack it and break the puzzle.  Yes, sometimes I'm in the mood for a battle royal 5 vs. 10 packed in defenders and whoever has the better guns wins...and other times I want to tiptoe my way in with one or 2 guys under cover of smoke.  Other times I want to toss 20 grenades.  Your game can and should encourage any of these tactics depnding on where the defense is vulnerable.  Likewise defenses should be encouraged to be spread out and more "unique" to suit the style or mood of the player and not just a copy of the next guys because one packed tight defense is so dominatingly superior everyone copies it.

Every time you add in another random way for my guys to die during a raid I find it just plain irritating.  If I make a mistake because I clicked wrong, or my tactic was poor, then fine, that's my bad and I learn from the mistake and try something else, but every single time my guy dies because of a random roll of the dice (e.g. I ran out of time because I had to waste 2 mins on a single trap...or a defender was immune with the doggone yellow circle of immunity above his head even though I have 5 guys shooting at him at point blank range...or a hidden wheel of misfortune that all 5 of my guys failed to see...or now if a random bullet hits the guy in the back who isn't even engaged)...I walk away from the raid frustrated.

Worst part is, you aren't solving the core problem.  The Defenders suppression is still broken.  You had it nearly perfect once.  If the defense packs his guys too close together I used to be able to suppress more than one at a time.  That's not an exploit, it's a extremely valid tactic and is in fact at the core of every swat team, army squad, seal team you name it.  One or more guys provide cover, suppresses the guys and a sneaky sniper goes in for the kill.  This isn't an "exploit" it's a tactic.  Yes somehow defneders can easily suppress all 5 of my guys, but I can never suppress more than one of his.  How it that possible?  I'll tell you why, because it's still broken.

Second part is you seem to be solving a problem that doesn't exist.  I don't think you need to make raiding harder, or need to make the AI smarter.  The AI needs to stay dumb so the new players who come along can get hooked on this game instead of being beaten back down by random failures as they are trying to learn how to raid.

And for all those who will want to jump all over me please save your keystrokes.  I don't really care if you feel making raiding too easy will make it too boring for you.  If you want to make it more challenging for yourself, then give away your guns and start raiding with green/blue equipment instead. 

I'm not asking for myself.  I have several very nice orange guns with a 40+ range and 70% vests.  I'm asking on behalf of the new players that are trying to learn how to raid and don't have DMU's.  Con, they are the future in this game and you want to encourage them to try to raid and stop treating them like cheaters or punishing them so harshly with abandon lockouts, + injuries + return times when they fail and then compound it by increasing the chance that out of no wrongdoing on their own, a random roll of the dice will cause them to run out of time or fail because a key attacker was killed.  I don't want raiding nerfed. I just disagree that increasing the ways to randomly fail raids is a cheap way to bias the raiding statistics and make it appear harder instead of what it is....random and frustrating.

Finally.  I'm still not entirely sure what this odd melee exploit is.  I don't / haven't used it or tried it yet, but it sounds like yet another example of why the suppression in it's current form creates strange exploits.

---that should be enough to get the flame war started again :)

Edited by peteyc20, 13 November 2014 - 08:17 AM.

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

Video would be great. We're obviously dealing with a whole bunch of variables, survivor positions, compound layouts etc etc. 

I'll send you an e-mail, just uploading the video.