Photo

Lifespan On Bladed And Blunt Weapons For Lighter Inventory

inventory lifespan blunt blade

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

cesk0423

cesk0423
  • 6 posts

i think that if blade and blunt weapons have a lifespan weapons such as knives , wakizashis , katanas etc... eventually broke down or lose their edge would be an excellent way to keep trying to find them instead of recycling them....every blade or blunt would have a lifespan according its color and premium or rare and unique would need other weapons to repair on the weapon bench...lifespan would be a certain number of zombie deads or timed as the books.....so what do you think

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

I think that weapon degradation is a bad idea.

How is maintaining weapons fun in a flash game? In a full console/PC game, I can understand it as something you have to pay for with in game "money". In a game that you can pay real life money for, not so much. 

Imagine finding a unique melee weapon, using it and then not being able to until you find the right components/spend money to fix it.

This would also cause a lot of issues with trading for weapons. Do they get "fixed" upon trade? How would you stop players from using that to fix their items for less? Do you show the condition before trading? How much would they cost to repair?

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,755 posts

I don't want swords that may cost absurd amounts of components and fuel to craft properly degrading. 

Quite simply what Liquid says above, this is a Flash game, and complex maintenance issues simply aren't fun

cesk0423

cesk0423
  • 6 posts

I think that weapon degradation is a bad idea.

How is maintaining weapons fun in a flash game? In a full console/PC game, I can understand it as something you have to pay for with in game "money". In a game that you can pay real life money for, not so much. 

Imagine finding a unique melee weapon, using it and then not being able to until you find the right components/spend money to fix it.

This would also cause a lot of issues with trading for weapons. Do they get "fixed" upon trade? How would you stop players from using that to fix their items for less? Do you show the condition before trading? How much would they cost to repair

i never said that should cost fuel or money ....i just said that should use same other items to repair them in case of a unique  or rare just use parts that are already given from recycling men ....I think its a good idea non the less

crazyeightyfive

crazyeightyfive
  • 266 posts

Weapon degradation is an interesting feature that could certainly add some variety to the game - though I believe the vast majority of players would rather avoid adding anything that wasn't truly necessary, to prevent bogging the game down any further.

KeJorn

KeJorn
  • 12 posts

For this Flash environment, I too am against weapon degradation.

I do like how you can upgrade existing weapons so that they continue to be useful as your survivors level.. however finding the schematics for the weapons you like seems to be a bit of an issue and when found often falls behind the level of your survivors, thereby negating much usefulness of upgrading them.

So you keep them JUST IN CASE you might find a newer schematic... while your inventory continues to bloat, despite constant recycling efforts.

Keeping your inventory cleaned up is an issue.

Components are the valuable things, that allow you to upgrade weapons, gear, and esp construction items.

But man do they take up a lot of your inventory quickly.

I begrudgingly paid money to upgrade inventory size to 1000 - however I will not pay money just to open the mass of supply boxes that have been accruing.

Getting rid of items like that.. or Halloween components (esp when in the hundreds or thousands count) is ridiculously slow and tedious.

Even recycling them, you are limited to 50 at a time. 

So anything that improves inventory management would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by KeJorn, 19 November 2014 - 01:36 AM.

ObsidianChief

ObsidianChief
  • 175 posts

i think that if blade and blunt weapons have a lifespan weapons such as knives , wakizashis , katanas etc... eventually broke down or lose their edge would be an excellent way to keep trying to find them instead of recycling them....every blade or blunt would have a lifespan according its color and premium or rare and unique would need other weapons to repair on the weapon bench...lifespan would be a certain number of zombie deads or timed as the books.....so what do you think

So you are implying that i lose my uni Machete because someone wanted to make the game a little more interesting? No thank you! That Machete has a collectible name and i use it VERY much!!! I would down-vote this if i could!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inventory, lifespan, blunt, blade