Photo

Unnaturally Lucky?

Loot Rares Uniques

Best Answer Zingman , 21 November 2014 - 11:34 PM

It can happen.  I just found two unique guns on the same mission myself.   I would wager that any player who has played for any significant length of time (i.e several months to a year plus) has had that happen to them at least once.

Each roll for a weapon/gear is completely independent of any previous rolls (other than the rare/unique penalty -- which is only a reduction of chance, not an elimination of chance).  It's quite possible to have two (or more) unique items in the same mission in the same container.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Monkeyfecalslinger

Monkeyfecalslinger
  • 39 posts

Ok so i do a mission. I search every single container without really looking at what i've found during Said mission. (keeping my survivors alive is a hard job :l )  I review the aftermath of the mission only to find..well this.   

http://s1149.photobu...html?sort=3&o=0

Is that unnaturally lucky? or has anyone else experienced this? 

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts
✓  Best Answer

It can happen.  I just found two unique guns on the same mission myself.   I would wager that any player who has played for any significant length of time (i.e several months to a year plus) has had that happen to them at least once.

Each roll for a weapon/gear is completely independent of any previous rolls (other than the rare/unique penalty -- which is only a reduction of chance, not an elimination of chance).  It's quite possible to have two (or more) unique items in the same mission in the same container.

SedentaryCobra

SedentaryCobra
  • 82 posts

Ive had the same thing happen myself, and received two unique pieces of gear on the same mission.

Hatchford

Hatchford
  • 920 posts

while I cant say ive ever hit 3 unis/rares in a single mission, I have l four double uni missions under my belt... and a handful of 1uni + 1rare days as well... two times the double unis came out of the same building... it happens... you have to be incredibly lucky tho...

seriously tho.. gratz on 1 uni + 2 rares.... that requires 3 jackpot rolls.... in a single mission? awesome... statistically at least..

BlackBear

BlackBear
  • 145 posts

Well these days I got a Unique and a Rare Gear in the same Container, and the very next another Unique Vest too. And didn't found even a Rare after that, but a considerable number of Purples. 

It's all about life and beloved Random Numbers if you want to believe that.

EDIT:

seriously tho.. gratz on 1 uni + 2 rares.... that requires 3 jackpot rolls.... in a single mission? awesome... statistically at least..

Yeah, sometimes someone win the lottery right? Heh

Edited by BlackBear, 22 November 2014 - 01:09 AM.

BlackBear

BlackBear
  • 145 posts

Double post D:

Edited by BlackBear, 22 November 2014 - 01:09 AM.

The Lost Soul

The Lost Soul
  • 36 posts

Better Than Nothing ! XD

matteofumagalli

matteofumagalli
  • 213 posts

happened to me once two uni in the same mission a prison mission

ObsidianChief

ObsidianChief
  • 175 posts

I have found 2 uni Saigas in one auto mission before man

Ivan

Ivan
  • 571 posts

I d rather say you were unnaturally unlucky there OP :)

Having two great rolls ending up as just worthless rares and the one uni also the worst kind possible but i guess you dont know yet these things nor use those 107s since pve is still a challenge for you.

Which is of course perfectly fine.

Just trust me,that wasnt lucky !!!

Monkeyfecalslinger

Monkeyfecalslinger
  • 39 posts

I d rather say you were unnaturally unlucky there OP :)

Having two great rolls ending up as just worthless rares and the one uni also the worst kind possible but i guess you dont know yet these things nor use those 107s since pve is still a challenge for you.

Which is of course perfectly fine.

Just trust me,that wasnt lucky !!!

You're right, i don't know these things. Because i've been gone from the game on several different occasions. But i can assure you that for one PVE is only a

"challenge" in the level 50 areas because i'm still obtaining sufficient Gear for all of my survivors (some of which are very underpowered).  

Two Why would i "Trust" your word when you come off as someone who's arrogant and has a insulting demeanor?   You could of said something along of the lines of "Nah man, i've seen better" with maybe some proof, But nah lets not. Lets just Throw an insulting assumption around.   :l 

Edited by Rancidrevenant, 25 November 2014 - 12:47 AM.

Ivan

Ivan
  • 571 posts

i did not insult you in any way.

if you find pve is challenging i said it was perfectly fine and normal and it happens.

so if someone doesnt bow down before you and starts of with your excellency sire mister i have something to say..you find that one individual is insulting you.

now this calls for an insult but i wont issue one :P

i wasnt commenting on your pve skills just said which is still true..if i got that kind of a weird roll i d say..damn neither of those 2 rare 107s are unis and damn that uni 416 is suppressed.

thats what i and anyone else with sufficient item knowledge would say...nothing special there about me.

so again again,you roll wasnt unnaturally lucky..just unnaturally unlucky and weird you might say.

it has nothing to do with you as a person..that was a strictly non-personal comment..or you think you can insult container rolls?

happen to be here while server reboots so you got yourself a quick answer :P

Monkeyfecalslinger

Monkeyfecalslinger
  • 39 posts

i did not insult you in any way.

if you find pve is challenging i said it was perfectly fine and normal and it happens.

so if someone doesnt bow down before you and starts of with your excellency sire mister i have something to say..you find that one individual is insulting you.

now this calls for an insult but i wont issue one :P

i wasnt commenting on your pve skills just said which is still true..if i got that kind of a weird roll i d say..damn neither of those 2 rare 107s are unis and damn that uni 416 is suppressed.

thats what i and anyone else with sufficient item knowledge would say...nothing special there about me.

so again again,you roll wasnt unnaturally lucky..just unnaturally unlucky and weird you might say.

it has nothing to do with you as a person..that was a strictly non-personal comment..or you think you can insult container rolls?

happen to be here while server reboots so you got yourself a quick answer :P

My apologies, Thought you were going to go the other road and just insult me all day. Didn't mean to sound angry at ya its just sounded like you were insulting me for simply questioning a loot roll.  and i'm not saying everyone has to bow down to me, i just dislike it when it "Seems" like someone is insulting me for no real good reason. no reason for that kind of nastiness. 

Edited by Rancidrevenant, 25 November 2014 - 12:47 AM.

Ivan

Ivan
  • 571 posts

yea i understand we all need to work on how to express what you think cause it sounds differently to different people.

thats what the 99% of forum (and other) wars is all about :)

BlackBear

BlackBear
  • 145 posts

yea i understand we all need to work on how to express what you think cause it sounds differently to different people.

thats what the 99% of forum (and other) wars is all about :)

We must consider too that the main language of the game is english, but it's not everyone that speak it fluently. A little of comprehension with our fellows isn't that expensive, though.

The Conspiracy Guy

The Conspiracy Guy
  • 165 posts

I once found 3 rares ad a uni before. anything is possible.

mtimmins92

mtimmins92
  • 82 posts

I found 2 unis in 1 container, u can't beat that

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Loot, Rares, Uniques