Oddities Of The Dead Zone

hats masks clothing items collectables

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,672 posts

POPULAR

"Welcome to Ivan's Shop of Curiosities, a collection of some of the oddities I acquire on my travels around the ruins of Union City, or as it's becoming to be known, 'The Big Rubble.' Here you will find all things weird and wonderful, strange and obscure; all of which can be yours for a few HERC Keycards, or bits of copper wire.. so come in, leave your machetes and rifles by the door, ...you will not need them in here."

I have African Masks which would look great pilfering from other compounds and dealing with the whistles and whirl of gunfire. 

and Droog's Hobgoblin's Hat a handy, gentleman's headwear for the rogue in the night, or The Mad Hatter both of which are handy for finding shiny things.. 

And Shooting caps originally for the rugged frontiersman who's wilds have now been brought to town. Good for rifles and other guns that need a steady, well trained eye. 

Though with all this clothing perhaps a storage solution might be needed, perhaps not a Floordrobe, but a handy clothing rail to keep things tidy in the compound, as well as some extra storage space. 

Con may find some ideas here, why not add to what i've started. I used [url=] code to link things btw, it's probably better than hot linking images from other websites :)

SMAM Man

SMAM Man
  • 95 posts

Meh, not too interested in swag personally, but +1 cos they are interesting pieces of clothing, and interesting bonuses.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,672 posts

POPULAR

Alliance Bandanas. Here's an idea. Assuming it would be a snitch to pull this off for Con and the team with the game's software, but special bandanas that could be crafted with infamous components (in order to ensure their status is kept as special and premium as possible) that have the two colours of the crafter's alliance. So if your alliance's two primary colours are red and green, a red and green bandana, that otherwise has the same appearance as a normal bandana.

This would obviously have a non-tradable status in accordance with other infamous items. 

Given bandanas are primarily melee bonus clothing, perhaps a similar set of bonuses, say +10%-20% melee, injury resistance, and a health bonus would seem reasonable. 

Sky_Fall

Sky_Fall
  • 1,222 posts

Alliance bandannas! You've got the support of the alliancilist here so +1 on the two posts there.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,672 posts

POPULAR

Hazzboggle's Grimoire of the Weird (Timed Book) 

Duration: 20min

Effect: Increases chance of finding quality items: 15%

This is similar to a Looter, often referred to as a 'Weird.' So in trade you would say "This Unique Fal for a 15% Weird." Basically, it is one of the stranger books Santa Claws could bring around this Zedmas, at random in our Zedmas Stockings we'll eagerly be leaving at the end of our compound beds -IF WE ARE ALL WELL BEHAVED SURVIVORS- or scatter about the Dead Zone here and there. 

Unlike a normal Looter any uniques you find will be unusual uniques not normally find; Cricket bats, hockey sticks, hammers, tennis rackets, pocket knives, etc, which might be of some help against the hoards of the undead, but also random pieces of junk; so unique wooden spoons, Boxes of paper clips, staplers, paper bags, chopping boards, etc, all of which will be completely useless in a combat situation when face to face with a zombie, BUT WILL BE UNIQUE. So you can proudly own a unique wooden spoon, or a unique door handle! Imagine the prestige of owning a Hand Towel called 'Heroic Liberty,' or a broken broom handle called 'Urban Fuseblower.' Most treasured and valued of all will be any unique teddy bears you might find.. now imagine the sense of glee in finding one of those :)

Inspired by this wonderful post: http://forum.conarti...e-made/?p=98908

unique-hole-punch_zpse08f309d.jpg unique-fork_zps3f061a08.jpg unique-stapler_zps84c73362.jpg

Teddy_zps7e3f0bda.jpg

Edited by Harpago, 07 December 2014 - 06:10 PM.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,672 posts

POPULAR

BLOOD-FLAG_zps652f4a59.jpg

Blood Flag (General Book) The ultimate 'come and get some' for the hardcore raider

- Increases gore effects on raids and infected attacks

- -20% journey time on raids, and being raided

- +5% morale boost for a successful raid (8 hours)

- -5% morale penalty for a failed raid (8 hours, nulled by a subsequent successful raid)

- +2% XP bonus on raids and being raided

- Name and posts in chat are red

- Red Flag icon to indicate to other players a Blood Flag is equipped

Fear_zpse4e4a2b1.jpg

FEAR (General Book) When living in the Dead Zone isn't scary enough

- Creates perpetual night as long as it is equipped

- Increases the chance of infected attacks by 20%

- Constant infected gurgles and groans on missions, whether they are present or not

Uncia_zps41d6a2a0.jpg

Snow Leopard (General Book) For the solitary predator, who prefers to go unseen

- 3 day cool down

- Removes player from other player's compound lists, except for players he has attacked since the book was equipped

- Player can only be seen on Alliance War Targets or Bounty list

- +20% journey time to attack compound, and attack other compounds

- +3% morale bonus 

StarWor_zpsac90cf5a.jpg

STARS WOR (General Book) The Force is strong with this book

- Changes Crafted Swords into Stars Wor Plastic Swords as long as the book is equipped (stats remain the same)

Edited by Harpago, 11 December 2014 - 09:53 PM.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,672 posts

Professor Fnord's Harmoniser 

This wondrous machine was invented by the notorious Professor Fnord, shortly before his disappearance and presumed untimely demise. It is rumoured the schematic was left behind here and there amongst the rubble of Union City where those fortunate enough to find them can construct the device. It effectively harmonises the mental energy of survivors in it's immediate vicinity (the compound) enhancing their performance against hostile attacks. When activated the light emits a faint pulse (detectable by potential raiders-this can be seen upon potential deployment perhaps giving away an active compound)

- Requires raw materials to power up (similar to a fuel generator) with a 15 min 'powering up' period

- Lasts for a 48 hour cycle 

- FiveLevels of construction

- +1% morale boost per level of construction

This is simply to add some punch to compound defences, given they are practically undefendable at the moment. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

UniqueCraftedSword_zpsd53a8dfe.jpg

Unique Crafted Sword

This is an idea I had ages ago I revisited given I had Photoshop open just now. Crafting a max-craft Crafted Sword (blue +25%/+25%) is like epic. I've managed two in all the time i've been playing this game, and older players, well those who know who I actually am on Armorgames, might remember some equally epic efforts I used to put in, especially when I ran out of Hardened Metal and Metal spikes, even Tape now I think about it, in the early days of Leg1on when my begging bowel went round the crew.

Given it's such a feat, why not let all that effort (or extreme luck if you've managed to craft one on your first or second attempt) be rewarded with 'unique status,' for one of the highest DPS in the game, with that welcoming Milky Way background and lovely orange. And of course a randomly generated unique name :)

Oh, and food for thought: 

UniqueBallisticFaceMask_zpsd1939718.jpg

Rattlesnake_zps0b785a5d.jpg

Premium Clothing anyone?

Hawaiin-Shirt_zps8b643120.jpg Highland-Kilt_zpscd533f51.jpg

Edited by Harpago, 13 December 2014 - 08:57 PM.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,672 posts

Handbag - Improvised Melee Weapon. 

Handbag_zps7be6d5c3.jpg 

Good for resolving arguments on chat, or fending off the undead when you haven't found a gun yet :)

Edit: And where there are weapons, there are usually their unique variants: 

UniqueHandbag_zpsdfa26d4b.jpg

A unique Handbag

Flipflops_zps050d9948.jpg

Emergency Flipflops

UniqueSV-SMG_zpsec8add4c.jpg

Unique SV-SMG.. 

Edited by Harpago, 15 December 2014 - 12:07 AM.

ObsidianChief

ObsidianChief
  • 175 posts

Double post sorry!

Edited by ObsidianCHief, 15 December 2014 - 04:33 AM.

ObsidianChief

ObsidianChief
  • 175 posts

Handbag - Improvised Melee Weapon. 

Handbag_zps7be6d5c3.jpg

Good for resolving arguments on chat, or fending off the undead when you haven't found a gun yet :)

Edit: And where there are weapons, there are usually their unique variants: 

UniqueHandbag_zpsdfa26d4b.jpg

A unique Handbag

Flipflops_zps050d9948.jpg

Emergency Flipflops

UniqueSV-SMG_zpsec8add4c.jpg

Unique SV-SMG.. 

+1 on the SV-SMG!! I would LOVE to see some of this stuff, espacially the uni SV-SMGs. and on the crafting, as long as the stats arent affected by uni status it sounds REALLY good to me! But maybe to prevent these from flooding the market you could make them untradeable....it would be sweet whoever to find a uni SV-SMG. Maybe another thing you could do is an item based store: ie, you put in 5 keys for say... a Hawaiian shirt (price arent just keys) and maybe the amount/type of items is lvl based.... i dunno i just REALLY like the SV-SMG 

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,672 posts

+1 on the SV-SMG!! I would LOVE to see some of this stuff, espacially the uni SV-SMGs. and on the crafting, as long as the stats arent affected by uni status it sounds REALLY good to me! But maybe to prevent these from flooding the market you could make them untradeable....it would be sweet whoever to find a uni SV-SMG. Maybe another thing you could do is an item based store: ie, you put in 5 keys for say... a Hawaiian shirt (price arent just keys) and maybe the amount/type of items is lvl based.... i dunno i just REALLY like the SV-SMG 

I also have a soft spot for the SV-SMG, and have often wondered where the unique variants are.. :)

------------------------------------

I was wondering what we could do with clothing again today, and the balance between living in a zombie infested enironment and clothing that you would, for one reason or another, continue to wear as part of your identity.

Biker-Vest_zps3f6bd21e.jpg Babydoll_zps7d473d59.jpg Police-Shirt_zps87ae3cdc.jpg 

Sky_Fall

Sky_Fall
  • 1,222 posts

Now that I've taken a look back at this place it's pretty good! I'll make some contributions to the forums of my own when my exams are over. Planning to make a series of side stories in my fanfict. Keep up the good work Harpy!

Con

Con
  • 4,011 posts

Harpago, some interesting stuff here, mate! Got me thinking...

ObsidianChief

ObsidianChief
  • 175 posts

Hey, Con? What are the chances of you looking at new weapon posts? Do they have to have a certain amount of views, likes or both?

SMAM Man

SMAM Man
  • 95 posts

I like the book ideas, some of them are pretty good, plus, the graphics are top-notch, Harpago! Quality work and effort, give that man a cookie!

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,672 posts

I like the book ideas, some of them are pretty good, plus, the graphics are top-notch, Harpago! Quality work and effort, give that man a cookie!

*Munches* 

I guess we caught Con's attention with the Flipflops! :)

BlackBear

BlackBear
  • 145 posts

*Munches* 

I guess we caught Con's attention with the Flipflops! :)

My guess goes with the blonde with a sword lol

Btw nice thread Harpago, ur ideas seems solid to me.

ObsidianChief

ObsidianChief
  • 175 posts

My guess goes with the blonde with a sword lol

Btw nice thread Harpago, ur ideas seems solid to me.

yea the best part is the uni SMG

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,672 posts

Medics-Tunic_zpsdb4236ce.jpg Star-Trek-Uniform_zps3352a703.jpg Spock-Ears_zpsd2ec8cd3.jpg

And those African masks I posted way up there^ could look something like this:

Serengeti_zps922ad567.jpgZambezi_zps3ee426eb.jpg

Edited by Harpago, 03 January 2015 - 08:49 PM.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,672 posts

Punisher-vest_zps89ec5ab8.jpg Rocketeers-Jacket_zpsdaf78ab3.jpg Harley-Quinn-Dress_zpsbe753b7d.jpg THe-Mad-Hatter_zpsb35fcd19.jpg Mysterious-Poncho_zpsc29e13c7.jpg

Edited by Harpago, 22 December 2014 - 08:07 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hats, masks, clothing, items, collectables