Oddities Of The Dead Zone

hats masks clothing items collectables

• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,755 posts

The Wendigo

The-Wendigo_zpsa5f410b7.jpg Alice-in-Zombieland_zpse64103a4.jpg Jacks-Vest_zps5abb679d.jpg 

A unique Bulldog would be rather sweet: 

unique-Bulldog_zps1f58c2fa.jpg

..as would a unique Marion's Trident:

Unique-Marions-Trident_zps3ba446f0.jpg

Edited by Harpago, 23 December 2014 - 03:35 PM.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,755 posts

Shemagh_zps35ee3d81.jpg

I should imagine you would get away with a wearing a mask with one of theses well, which would look pretty cool.

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

I'm not sure if I love or hate Jack's Vest. Needs more chest hair maybe. ;D

Great ideas, btw.

MaxSheen

MaxSheen
  • 2,641 posts

Dude this is AWESOME!!!! (especially the Babydoll one, Sucker Punch was SOOOOO underrated)

Since Con is here I wonder if adding "potions" as active gear would be good

Really unbalanced example:

aphKb4u.jpg

I can go 'shop more if you want me too.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,755 posts

Awesome Max! This is the Shop of Oddities, so keep em' coming, there's lots of weird and wonderful, and rather far out stuff on the shelves.. :)

Unique-Ammo_zps2629d649.jpg

Edited by Harpago, 24 December 2014 - 11:33 PM.

ObsidianChief

ObsidianChief
  • 175 posts

Ok, the Mountain dew idea is a little out of hand....

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,755 posts

Ok, the Mountain dew idea is a little out of hand....

My stats are always a bit meh, who cares to be honest, the idea is more visual.. :) 

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,755 posts

Demonic-Teddy_zps23082fce.jpg

This disturbing cuddly toy promises weird dreams. It would be visible on one of the survivor's beds, so potential raiders would know one of the survivors had a slightly troubled childhood.

ObsidianChief

ObsidianChief
  • 175 posts

I like it!

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

Demonic-Teddy_zps23082fce.jpg

This disturbing cuddly toy promises weird dreams. It would be visible on one of the survivor's beds, so potential raiders would know one of the survivors had a slightly troubled childhood.

Lol, nice :)

crazyeightyfive

crazyeightyfive
  • 266 posts

Harpago, why haven't you been approached to join the CAG team yet??

This whole thread is The LEGO Movie in a nutshell - Everything Is Awesome!

Rising Phoenix

Rising Phoenix
  • 610 posts

I'm no good a Photoshop, never used it, but what about one of those graduation caps or something, for the more scholarly inclined in us? Also, AWESOME IDEAS!

The Lost Soul

The Lost Soul
  • 36 posts

what about new area ? Like a Lake Area,Fog area,and Forest Area ! thank you ! :D

Sky_Fall

Sky_Fall
  • 1,222 posts

Harpago, why haven't you been approached to join the CAG team yet??

This whole thread is The LEGO Movie in a nutshell - Everything Is Awesome!

I'm still watching and I'm still impressed. The ideas are THAT good.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,755 posts

Hay thanks guys! As I said up there somewhere, don't worry to much about stats, it's more the general idea.

Raising-Spirits_zps0e3d54b0.jpg Unique-scavenging-gloves_zpsa106c616.jpg Harpagos-Dusk-Generator_zpsc59437a1.jpg

The Dusk Generator would have to be powered up much like any trap, perhaps with something unusual like seasonal components; Cursed Coal, Haunted Hardwood, Haunted Metal, Z-mas baubles, or failing that fuel. Nothing dramatic, but would not reset automatically for raids. You would in other words need to restock it for it to be functional when raids were made against your compound, do wouldn't be functional for dormant compounds. It would either last for the duration of a raid, or for a period of 12 hours. It simply changes the lighting to deepest night, making raids more tricky. 

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,755 posts

Crafted Masks

Crafted-Masks_zps1b9e250c.jpg

In another thread I raised the idea of being able to craft the Premium Masks we find. This is sort of what I meant. For game balance the only way to really go would be if they were untradable and thus Infamous items. Whilst the standard 7.5% bonus is nothing to be sniffed at, most of the Premium masks we are rewarded or earn (bounty masks) don't really hold their own against Skulls, Clowns, Full Face Ballistic Masks, or Ballistic Masks - USA, in terms of being useful against raiders. Which is a shame because most of them look really cool, and add a lot more to the make up of a compound in terms of variety than if everyone is wearing the older 10% masks. 

I've used the template of the Rasputin. Whilst that gear has it's merits, I personally have never really liked it's appearance, and it would be far more fun if we were able to work with our favourite masks as a template, whether a White Hand, a Hunter, Crusader, or what ever our personal favourites are. I've also replaced the scavenging bonus obviously with suppression resistance to give the entire idea point. Whilst i've put +5%, with the misc bonus, thus yielding much higher than 10% resistance possible, that's not the point. Cap it at 15% or even 10% given other gear would be able to worn; it's the other bonuses that could be benefited from that make it desirable. Perhaps 3% base bonuses?

Sort of thing. This also gives me another idea..

Edited by Harpago, 31 December 2014 - 11:17 PM.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,755 posts

..and so

Infamous-Scavenger-Wrap_zpsb58a5700.jpg

This is without question one of the most iconic images of a 'post apocalypse' wasteland on a survivor, be nice if it had some value beyond a +1% scavenging speed on the head of a scavenger :)

Pro_Tyle

Pro_Tyle
  • 145 posts

You people are brilliant Haha

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

Prelood.png

We need moar DMUs, just Saiyan.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,755 posts

Hahahaha! Awesome :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hats, masks, clothing, items, collectables