251 replies to this topic

Scrub McLordington LXIX

Scrub McLordington LXIX
  • 1,366 posts

#CustomDMUsFor2015!!!!

Maruse

Maruse
  • 781 posts

I have to say this is by far the best new items idea thread I have ever seen on this forum.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,741 posts

Fake-Axe-in-the-Head-Hat_zps7fc018b1.jpg Clara-Loft-Costume_zps31c6b12c.jpg Ham-Solo-Waistcoat_zps78198f42.jpg Cultist-Robes_zps6a58ad8a.jpg Wasteland-Drab_zpsfa1b1067.jpg

Edited by Harpago, 02 January 2015 - 09:14 PM.

BlackBear

BlackBear
  • 145 posts
Daat gloooves GIMME GIMME!

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,741 posts

Baseball-Furies-Suit_zps86513440.jpg Desert-Tactical-Skull-Maskcopy_zps85e4dd Pumpkin-Bomb_zps2f3510ea.jpg Crude-Pumpkin-Bomb_zps450f139b.jpg  Ninja_zps664aab03.jpg

Edited by Harpago, 03 January 2015 - 09:21 PM.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,741 posts

Mandrake_zpsefa967ac.jpg Britannia_zps271d579f.jpg IRON-MAN_zpscb34fab5.jpg LEGION_zps7f2f6e59.jpg INFECTION_zps8b736a0b.jpg

Edited by Harpago, 03 January 2015 - 08:36 PM.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,741 posts

Hells-Angel_zps271a5b8b.jpg PREDATOR_zps15d9f6e4.jpgINFERNO_zpsad11e20e.jpg PUNISHER_zps48de439a.jpg Nemesis_zps48b78518.jpg

Edited by Harpago, 03 January 2015 - 09:30 PM.

Sky_Fall

Sky_Fall
  • 1,222 posts

That's really a lot Harpago...

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,741 posts

That's really a lot Harpago...

I know, I was consumed with creativity in Photoshop :)

Unfortunately you can only post five images per post. Some of those masks though I would be itching to see in the game

The-Croc_zps70fabf50.jpg Demon-Mempo_zpsd1c492aa.jpg Sauna_zps9c575b2c.jpg The-Hills-have-Buttons_zps7b2aa825.jpg The-Green-Man_zps1ad8b4e8.jpg

Edited by Harpago, 06 January 2015 - 12:30 PM.

Sky_Fall

Sky_Fall
  • 1,222 posts

Lucky for you, I suffer from writer's block a lot. And it looks like this will be the HOTTEST idea in this section, the next poster will initiate it.

Congrats Poster #50

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,741 posts

Duelists-Helm_zps42042777.jpg Jason_zps8b4b5e5d.jpg Combat-Helm-Pink_zps1c25b2f1.jpg Combat-Helm-Kill_zps3ce8d785.jpgStupendous-Teeshirt_zps040ae2e6.jpg 

I remember a post on the old forums by someone against the idea of clothing because everyone would be dressed like Superman

Edited by Harpago, 19 January 2015 - 11:31 PM.

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

I want a sauna! Now!

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,741 posts

I want a sauna! Now!

It's actually not as daft or whimsical as it sounds. Keeping clean in an apocalyptic, decaying urban environment, rife with infection and disease, would be a serious challenge especially without an unlimited source of running water. Hence a small sauna to sit in and really sweat out the dirt! 

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

It's actually not as daft or whimsical as it sounds. Keeping clean in an apocalyptic, decaying urban environment, rife with infection and disease, would be a serious challenge especially without an unlimited source of running water. Hence a small sauna to sit in and really sweat out the dirt! 

And we could heat it up with all those broken bookshelves my guys carry home by the dozen in their backpockets. :)

And yeah, we need a unique fireplace and rocking chairs :)

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,741 posts

American-Steel-crafting_zps8df93671.jpg

Crafting using seasonal materials.

This is an idea i've had bubbling about in my head for ages and ages, and it might as well be added to the shelf in the shop of oddities than start a new thread. Most of us have a healthy surplus of the seasonal metal/material used in the crafting of the various seasonal stuff, and it got me thinking given the stuff is obviously special why not be able to utilise it crafting other stuff. 

I couldn't actually squeeze in any more of my idea in the picture above, but basically the idea is say you're crafting a sword, with the book equipped rather than use the primary component, Hardened Metal, you would use in this instance American Steel, from the seasonal event we got stack loads of the stuff from. Hence the basic crafting bonus using the stuff. It's high to make it just a notch better than the bonus you could get from an alliance or box bonus. And I guess they would be cumulative, so using your precious stocks of the stuff would at least guarantee a return in one form or another. I added the random chance bonus, because using it would be cool if the normal bonuses we craft could be pushed beyond their usual limits, so a +25%/+25% max craft blue sword (rare as that is) had something else like a knock back, heightened damage bonus; perhaps upto a purple's; perhaps suppression bonus like the Infamous version can generate -nothing to extreme- just something else to add to the mix to make it fun and different. 

I could only be bothered to do an American Steel version right now, but perhaps the other seasonal materials have their own effects or something.

@Freddie, i'm deadly serious with that idea. A decaying corpse city environment would be about the most unhygenic environment you could possibly imagine scavenging for survival and maintaning basic levels of health. Without pressure those showers in the compound would be absolute shite in the fight against infection cleaning yourself. A sauna, where you literally steam out the dirt, would be their perfect two by two. Perhaps I take this game to seriously :)

Sky_Fall

Sky_Fall
  • 1,222 posts

USA!!! USA!!! USA!!! (I couldn't help it)

DJfriede

DJfriede
  • 888 posts

@Freddie, i'm deadly serious with that idea. A decaying corpse city environment would be about the most unhygenic environment you could possibly imagine scavenging for survival and maintaning basic levels of health. Without pressure those showers in the compound would be absolute shite in the fight against infection cleaning yourself. A sauna, where you literally steam out the dirt, would be their perfect two by two. Perhaps I take this game to seriously :)

Yeah, I'm not trying to make fun of you. The sauna is not only a logical idea, but would look awesome in my compound. Combine it with all those leftover Zmas trees and you have a nice Finnish sauna in the woods. :)

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,741 posts

Combat-Trousers_zps52863f1d.jpg The option to have our non-fighters wear the groovy trousers fighters wear. I would love it in my games :)

Ivans-Removals_zpsdbd39ad5.jpg

Something that has always bugged me about raiding is once you are raided or raid someone you and that person are stuck on each other's compound lists. Most of the time this isn't to much of a problem; we all get raided once in a while even keeping your head down without a white flag, but sometimes you can suffer from having a troll on your compound list; perhaps a griefer, or simply an annoyance who needlessly trashes your compound, or more innocently someone no matter what you do always takes you out. Being a looser repeatedly isn't much fun for anyone. If they are a wily raider and/or have some nice gear there's not a lot you can do. The current game mechanics are overwhelmingly in favour of the raider, which basically is against a determined raider you can't actually defend. So if they delight in trashing your compound it's equip and play with only half the game under a white flag and tire of the game and find another one, or more often than not, just quit the game. Removing problematic players from your compound list would be far more desirable. 

So (for example) equipping this book would enable you to remove an annoying player from your compound list, and remove you from there's. Hence forth that player could only attack you if they spotted you with a bounty on your head, or if your alliances appeared on your list of targets during a war round. Repeat process if they haven't changed their ways. A 24 hour lockout and a charge in fuel (?) and resources, to pay for Ivan and his removals van.

Hawkeye_zps759a5bfb.jpg

We might actually be able to defend these compounds

Armageddon-Speakers_zpsa19f01bf.jpg

These ingenius constructions were invented by Professor Fnord shortly before he 'Saw the Dark,' and tried to leave Union City in order to build a temple to the Demon, Bast the Unclean. He was never seen again. When constructed (requiring a huge amount of components, time, and need to be rigged up to the compounds power supply), they play the horns of the rapture extremely loudly throughout the compound. Hearing the end of the world can be extremely unnerving. It is thus a device to unnerve potential raiders. Damaging the battery array would make the sound stop.

Edited by Harpago, 13 January 2015 - 03:28 PM.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,741 posts

Combat Book: Zanshin

Zanshin_zps21d6f8f7.jpg

Zanshin is a Japanese term that doesn't really have an immediate translation in English language, though if you understand martial arts you sort of figure out what it means, and realise it's not restricted to formal combat techniques, but a more general state of mind of combat. Which is to say you might be a black belt seven dan with twenty years of practise and may well get your arse thumped by someone with no formal combat finesse, if their mind understands how to shut down an opponent. A slum for example is often a much better Dojo than ones you might pay to use, until you understand what it means; as is a battlefield than years in a military academy. 

The idea is the more you raid or do played missions, you would have a chance of earning, and accumulating, combat related bonuses which would last for a limited time. The exact formula would be something only Con would really be able to calculate based on the mechanics of the game. 

But the premise would be something along the lines of this. With the book equiped any played missions or raids would have a random chance of each survivor earning some minor bonus, say for example +1% reload, melee, health, ranged combat, which would be calculated after each particular mission or raid. These would be accumalative upto a cap; something like a +5% or +10% bonus in any particular category which would be enjoyed in subsequent missions, raids, and raid defence. A window would be generated immediately after the mission report or something detailing which participants had generated a bonus (if any), perhaps also including infected raids whilst the book is equipped, giving some further use to them at lvl 50 other than survivor requests. 

So the idea is the more you actually play the game, the more chance you would actually earn a set of minor bonuses that would be useful for the game for a short period afterwards, especially in compound defence with the skills learnt 'in the field.' 

The bloke on the book is Bodhidharma

Edited by Harpago, 16 January 2015 - 12:04 AM.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,741 posts

Nice negative there, care to express why?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hats, masks, clothing, items, collectables