Photo

Medics Should Get Xp For Healing

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

kronosian

kronosian
  • 812 posts

The medic is one of the most hard to lvl up character in the game and so as to balance this out a medic should get xp from healing .

Old_Man_Nate

Old_Man_Nate
  • 47 posts

wayyyyyyyy to easy to abuse.

Aya Malevonaire

Aya Malevonaire
  • 94 posts

A medic has no trouble leveling, just get someone else to do the killing.

UglyStamps

UglyStamps
  • 314 posts

Theirs already challenges that you get awarded to do for healing (which is currently bugged)

And even though the medic is the most difficult to level (given health and combat) it's nothing big.

WalkerSniper

WalkerSniper
  • 422 posts

That use to happen but it was removed so people no longer exploted it (like I did a little).

a medic should get xp from healing .

Arthur_Bishop

Arthur_Bishop
  • 226 posts

I'm not exactly sure how the medic is 'one of the hardest classes to level up', considering everybody in the mission gets experience for each container searched and each zombie killed. As long as you aren't trying to front-line him and putting him in very dangerous situations often, he should level up just as quickly as any other class.

kronosian

kronosian
  • 812 posts

how is it easy to abuse ???

kronosian

kronosian
  • 812 posts

I'm not exactly sure how the medic is 'one of the hardest classes to level up', considering everybody in the mission gets experience for each container searched and each zombie killed. As long as you aren't trying to front-line him and putting him in very dangerous situations often, he should level up just as quickly as any other class.

arthur your survivor gets ex for doing things its not allocated evenly and i have a scavenger for looting and a fighter for killing 

kronosian

kronosian
  • 812 posts

arthur your survivor gets ex for doing things its not allocated evenly and i have a scavenger for looting and a fighter for killing 

That use to happen but it was removed so people no longer exploted it (like I did a little).

how is it exploited

Arthur_Bishop

Arthur_Bishop
  • 226 posts

Yes, and both survivors get the experience for the looting and the killing. As long as a survivor is present in the mission itself (With the exception of the leader, who gets every point of experience you ever earn), they will get the experience from that mission. That's why when you return from a mission or horde attack, the exp gained is shown in one collective bar, not each survivor's individual exp bar.

Old_Man_Nate

Old_Man_Nate
  • 47 posts

the reason it would be easy to abuse is simple, 2 man zombie team, One tank, One medic, pick a slow loading weapon for the tank, keep him on empty and running around  zombies so he takes damage, than heal him, rinse, and repeat. I'm amazed you couldn't see how easy this is to exploit. That was just one example of how it can be done, so many more combinations for damage/healing could be thought of.

Rain08

Rain08
  • 1,370 posts

how is it exploited

Basically it's stats padding, or stats farming, get someone on the field, let the zeds attack the bait, medic heals him/her, and do it until the timer runs out, not only the medic gets the XP but the leader too.

kronosian

kronosian
  • 812 posts

Yes, and both survivors get the experience for the looting and the killing. As long as a survivor is present in the mission itself (With the exception of the leader, who gets every point of experience you ever earn), they will get the experience from that mission. That's why when you return from a mission or horde attack, the exp gained is shown in one collective bar, not each survivor's individual exp bar.

each survivor has his own exp bar dude check it when you click on survivors and then put the mouse on their bar you will see the experience they need to lvl up

kronosian

kronosian
  • 812 posts

But i still think they should revise this stupidity that hey have done

Arthur_Bishop

Arthur_Bishop
  • 226 posts

each survivor has his own exp bar dude check it when you click on survivors and then put the mouse on their bar you will see the experience they need to lvl up

Yes, but this is to track individual values for the rare event in which exp gains vary. A survivor no longer gains exp when they become downed (Might have to check on this one, but it would make sense), and when a survivor joins the compound, they always start with 0 exp into leveling up, even when the rest of the compound is halfway to leveling up. Exp gains are a very 'public' thing, but there are certain factors that make an exception.

Also, yeah, exp for healing would be very OP with this system in place. On the bright side, one of the mini-tasks awards you EXP for healing a certain % of total health. So there's that.

kronosian

kronosian
  • 812 posts

Yes, but this is to track individual values for the rare event in which exp gains vary. A survivor no longer gains exp when they become downed (Might have to check on this one, but it would make sense), and when a survivor joins the compound, they always start with 0 exp into leveling up, even when the rest of the compound is halfway to leveling up. Exp gains are a very 'public' thing, but there are certain factors that make an exception.

Also, yeah, exp for healing would be very OP with this system in place. On the bright side, one of the mini-tasks awards you EXP for healing a certain % of total health. So there's that.

one question what does OP mean

Arthur_Bishop

Arthur_Bishop
  • 226 posts

one question what does OP mean

Overpowered, here meaning that exp for healing would be WAY too powerful.

FuryPally

FuryPally
  • 48 posts

they used to but it was removed for being abused (1 person takes all the damage and gets healed) on a leader to "super level" them to say (stat padding is the fps counterpart)

i havent really noticed a difference in exp rates between survivors...then again 90% of my exp comes from zed's attacking my base...

Seres69

Seres69
  • 230 posts

Well, we do get XP from those mini-tasks when a high amount of HP is healed.

Marvin_

Marvin_
  • 33 posts

the reason it would be easy to abuse is simple, 2 man zombie team, One tank, One medic, pick a slow loading weapon for the tank, keep him on empty and running around  zombies so he takes damage, than heal him, rinse, and repeat. I'm amazed you couldn't see how easy this is to exploit. That was just one example of how it can be done, so many more combinations for damage/healing could be thought of.

Implying this can't be solved with a simple syntax, such as

Basexp-(Number of heals+1) = XP received