Photo

Infected Attacks At Compound Are Boring

compound horde attack

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

Other than being a good time to go grab a coffee, I feel infected compound attacks don't add much to the game.  They are not interesting or challenging, even with 4-5 survivors back.  Only in the rare instance that one left 1-2 players behind are these attacks relevant.

They were at lower levels.  And I'm sure there are players that find them enjoyable/challenging at other levels.  

But it appears that infected attack severity (spawn number, rare zombie fraction, etc) is tied only to player level, not a player's previous success rate with infected attacks.  Seems like compound attacks could be made interesting again adding one or two more variables.

Myst

Myst
  • 82 posts

Could be made interesting how? The Devs do not know what you define as "interesting" and if you want something to be changed, you need to present the problem AND a solution.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,755 posts

Other than being a good time to go grab a coffee, I feel infected compound attacks don't add much to the game.  They are not interesting or challenging, even with 4-5 survivors back.  Only in the rare instance that one left 1-2 players behind are these attacks relevant.

They were at lower levels.  And I'm sure there are players that find them enjoyable/challenging at other levels.  

But it appears that infected attack severity (spawn number, rare zombie fraction, etc) is tied only to player level, not a player's previous success rate with infected attacks.  Seems like compound attacks could be made interesting again adding one or two more variables.

They serve a function in preventing the usual bunch of exploiters from keeping an account endlessly level static, now 'alliance wars' mean so much to some people. 

Good enough reasons for me

joeIII

joeIII
  • 429 posts

Could be made interesting how? The Devs do not know what you define as "interesting" and if you want something to be changed, you need to present the problem AND a solution.

The solution I suggest is in the original post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They serve a function in preventing the usual bunch of exploiters from keeping an account endlessly level static, now 'alliance wars' mean so much to some people. 

Good enough reasons for me

Good point, I missed that.  Linking infected severity to success rate would increase exp per infected attack for the more 'skilled' players.  An added benefit.  (On the other hand, in my experience, exp gained from raiding far out ways the little bits gained from infected attacks.)

douevnliftm8

douevnliftm8
  • 57 posts

Compound attacks are the closest thing to a 'modern version' of the first 2 Last Stand games, so in theory they're a major part of the game

For this reason, i agree. Never been much of a fan of Union City, it was alright but it simply doesnt compare to the adrenaline rush of the original games imo so for this reason I do hope compound attacks are made to be more ferocious in the future. They're my favourite part of this game, it is a shame they dont last very long or present a substantial threat, unlike the infected hordes we saw in LS 1+2

I can't say i find them boring, but I really would love 'em to be as terrifying as Con made them originally back in the day.

Those nostalgia feels..

Edited by douevnliftm8, 27 January 2015 - 02:26 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: compound, horde, attack