Photo

Equipment Recrafting System

craft engineer uni unique rare trade component junk bench

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Sincliar

Sincliar
  • 11 posts

There is a really under-used character class: engineer. Yes, i know, his/her level is linked to gear and weapon bench upgrade and has trap disarming bonus, but he/she doesn't use his/her real power: crafting.
I will give for you a proposal in the following:

Engineer could recraft existing weapons and gears. How?

#1: need to craft new components to recraft with gear/weapon bench. Those new equipment components need some new components - and junks as well. These equipment components could addbonuses to weapons/gears.

#2: put weapon/gear into working bench with equipment component in a new UI (1 slot for weapon/gear, another for component) - after it need to redirect engineer to working bench for a long-long timed session of work (depends on weapon/gear lvl - engineer will be unavailable for other tasks, like removing trash from compound, but players will be able to pause recrafting process)

#3: equipping new component should not be automatic success: after first session only have 30% chance of successfull recrafting, but players could choose to redirect engineer for bigger chance (every additional session add another 10% chance up to 80%) -

#4: after unsuccessfull recrafting there will be a little chance (5-10%) to weapon/gear and component are destroying (same effect like recycling)

#5: after successfull recraft players get a better weapons/gears, and get removed equipment component (if existed - like change sight to laser sight: get a sight component back) - better weapons/gear could change its colour to green/blue/purple (like how uniques are made sheet) with new, higher mods/prefixes. There should be a very-very-very small chance to get rare/uni after every successfull recraft, if result is blue/purple (around 1:100,000 or more smaller chance)

For these changes need to
- link working and engineering bench to engineer level (like with gear and weapon bench)
- create a new item category - equipment component
- introduce a big bunch of new items
- make an UI for working bench

New items (just for example):
Equipment components:
- laser sight - to guns: +25% range, +10% accuracy - crafted from: 100*battery, 1000*electronic scrap, 10*pipe, 10*laser head, 500*small machined part, 100*lense
- 4* scope - to guns: +25% accuracy - crafted from: 10*pipe, 100*sight, 100*lense, 300*small machined part,
- sticky weapon handle - to melees: +10% APS - crafted from: 100*leather, 500*thread, 20*weapon handle, 10*treated wood
- extended firing system - to guns: +25% APS - crafted from: 100*trigger system, 100*firing pin, 200*small machined part, 200*return spring, 100*small spring
- easy use reload mechanism - to guns: -20% reload speed - 50*bolt assembly, 200*machined part, 200*return spring, 100*small spring
- fast opening pocket - to bando and bra: +10% reload speed - 200*pocket, 100*strap, 500*fastener, 50*heavy fabric, 1000*thread
- ceramic plates - to armor: +15% health, +10% projectile resistance, +10% explosive resistance - 100*metal plate, 100*hardened metal, 200*heavy fabric, 20*insulation, 200*cement
- hone stone - to bladed: +10% damage - findable at hardware store

Components:
- laser head - recycled from laser pointer
- cement - findable at depo and construction site

Junks:
- laser pointer - findable only in office - very rare - after recycle: 1*laser head, 1*electronic scrap, 1*battery

Reasons of idea:

- using engineer for proper purpose
- chance to crafting equipment close to uni/rare
- also chance (but very small) to get uni/rare
- craft tradeable items

and

"Because it would be awesome"

yeah, i know that will be lot of work even on UI (flash) and backend side as well .... but will add a nice part to game

hope my idea is understandable and clear - if u have question, i try to answer ....

plz up it if u like it ------------------------>

Edited by Sincliar, 11 December 2014 - 01:30 AM.

TYE_GORDON

TYE_GORDON
  • 72 posts

well it would be cool if con added some crazy ALIen infamous alien gun .. lol, But not bad the idea u have but watch a couple of people bust down your whole idea like they did to mine when i asked for flashlight and other things lol. 

Rising Phoenix

Rising Phoenix
  • 610 posts

While I like the basic premise of the idea, we never have any shortage of components. With this, everyone can turn any of  their ugly LR's into range demons by adding sights. I apologize if the numbers were for examples. but 25% is a HUGE range boost. The base sighted range boost is 15%, so we get a 10% increase. Also, I'll have to give a no to the whole uni/rare chance. Since there are ways to bring all crafting down to 1 fuel, people with tons of weapons and components, like those with DMU, can keep crafting to their hearts content and then get unis and rares, while only paying 1 fuel for each recraft. While the chance for it to be destroyed is admirable, some people will just save up tons of normal weapons, and when they run out, just go on a quick mission and build them up again.

What will we need schematics for then? If this changing the rarity of the item to green/blue/purple, it makes most schematics obsolete. Granted, they were pretty sucky to begin with, because then people who buys tons of fuel can just keep making great sighted maintained purple LRs if they were not. Also, we only have 2 prefixes, so we should only be able to add 2 components.

Now, for the merits of the idea. It might just be a better system than we already have, if there are a few tweaks:

1)Get rid of the whole "becoming uni/rare" thing. It's just going to become pay to win with it.

2)With this crafting system, we might just be able to make a stand against uni LR raids, or at least mitigate the difference.

3)Make these custom guns untradeable, since then we'll just have them flooding trade alongside the unis and rares.

4)In order to maintain the usefulness of schems, make it so that we can't get a crafted boost, and keep the destruction chance there.

5)Now, since we have no chance for a crafted boost, we should have a SMALL base increase from normal crafting. like only 17-19% increase in range for sighted, and introduce the new prefixes as "Custom Sighted", or to prevent confusion with the Custom Action prefix, "C-Sighted". This way, there is also still some use to schems.

6)Allow only 1 engineer to be sent to increase the success chance to 40-50%. Different success rates should apply to different weapons. LRs should be the lowest.

7)This last tweak, maybe for balance or those of us who feel lucky, which could not be applied at the same time as this idea: take one of each of these components, and instead of crafting them, we only get a random prefix. This is just an idea I had in case this crafting sounded too OP, and can only be done twice.

Well, that's my 2 cents. Didn't mean to be extremely negative, but some of these have been suggested before, and have been shot down as OP.

Sincliar

Sincliar
  • 11 posts

Phoenix,

i accept ur apoligize: yes, items and its boost only was examples as i indicated :)

and the whole recrafting process wont using the current crafting surface - u need to immobilize ur engineer (link him/her to working bench, like removing junk at the begining - yeah i know, junk removing was a speedable process with fuel), but ok: this sessions wont be speedable (like fuel generator restocking) - this way recrafting wont be an 1 fuel process (i think that part wasnt clear enough - hope it is right now.)

and yeah, i know, that nasty 1 fuel crafting still will be true to crafting equipment component - but if it will be also out of current crafting structure ....

and i also dont want to the whole recrafting process will be a simple "click-click-click-click-done, 28 fuels at all" process - i wanna shortest recraft process (with smallest success chance) will be a day at least - and with those (no need fuel to final process, long time) there will be sense of uni/rare chance

almost all of current schematics are obsolete and useless right now - i only find 3-4 what should be usefull for me: but i didnt craft any of these because its fuel cost. Current schematics are only good (instead of new system) to craft (limited types of bonuses) weapons/gears instantly. As i said before: i wanna a day (at least) recrafting time with quiet small chance of success.

Yeah i thinked with limitations of 2 mod/prefixes, but i think that should be the smallest thing to give another slot(s) - raiding armors, unis have a tons of diff types of bonuses - but ok then, stay on these 2. but in this case only these 2 will be upgradeable - new bonus of component replace old mods/prefixes

to ur tweaks:

1: i wanted to keep idea about becoming uni/rare (or see section 3 below). i am a non-paying player in ally, but with ally boost of quality items and return bonus, with UCS50 and with looter/oh shiny only get 1-4 uni/week (longest strike w/o uni was more than a week). As i see, within this system, u should get 1/2 uni/months at top but sightly less .... so that not a "pay to win" idea  ...

and casual players, whom just online once a day (and running 2-4 mission within) have an extra chance to get unis/rares (please correct me, but need - in average - 30-50 mission to an uni with proper books/boosts)

payers aiming to buy (staying in LR) 40+ ranged bonus unis - and easier to buy it than waiting to recraft turn to uni (and there always will be the destroying chance)

2: totaly agree .... about mitigate the difference

3: ok ... should be untradeable if turn uni/rare, but in this case i think should be better a new rarity, as: crafted unique (better than rare, but worse than uni) - chance to turn into rare/uni will be chance to turn into crafted uni.  But players chooseable name should be good in this case - like with DMU, but with some settings (players name will be part of name, names with chooseable 1-3 words lenght, etc). Normal recrafted stuffs - after few weeks - will be too usual to trading i think, so those should be tradeable

4: of course without any crafting boost, that is the one of main benefit - higher, fixed bonus which higher than basic mods/prefixes, but less, than mod/prefixes+max crafting bonus (standing with range bonus on LR: aiming to around smallest uni range bonus  - see #2) - destruction chance represent a bad day of an excellent engineer .....

5: in previous i said why i wanna those amount of bonuses (but i ready for negotiation - and all is just a base idea). And about name: yeah, long named weaps are so confusing ... ur "C-" prefixes are good idea

6: yeah, only one engineer will do recrafting process. Success rate differenting is a good idea - maybe basic (after 1st session) success rate also should be different (10 for LR, 30 for blunts, etc) - and u could send engineer to another 5 session (these sessions gives extra chance - fixed 10% bonus for all extra session, or +6% to LR/session (total will be 40%), +10% to blunt (total will be 80%) and so on)

7: this type of recrafting idea is much more simple and - i think - easier to make .... but still sound good ... if u have time just explain it, or feel free to mix it with my idea - posibble get some even more interesting thing

You wasn extremly negative ... even negative i think - u just show me some points which were not clear enough, or i couldnt explain exactly ..... hope this addition informations helps to avoid looking (too) OP ....

btw:

I am looking for decent AR for my manual missions: but in the last few days i havent seen any decent on trade - that why i posted this idea not for crafting monster LR: usually i think to crafting better mission weapons/gears - so even recrafting LR will be totally unavaiable, which will solve lot of problem

Rising Phoenix

Rising Phoenix
  • 610 posts

It's refreshing to see someone not complaining against valid points.

By #7, I meant it's something like opening the boxes, where you put 1 of every component into the recraft, and get a random prefix. This process can only be done twice.

Eg: I take my plain Pocket Knife (all hail its glory)

1: You make 1 of every component that you mentioned, perhaps with a reduced cost to make it viable and because it is now more luck based.

2: I put my Pocket Knife into the slot.

3: I pay some fuel.

4: ?????

5: I get a shiny new prefix, and a grade increase to green

6: Profit.

Sincliar

Sincliar
  • 11 posts

complaining against them would be a stupidity: discussing problems and finding a balanced sollution could pointing forward - also helps make ideas better/realizable

Ahhh i see: so a totally lottery system .... also could works to get better weapons .... but shold be better if process can only be done until 2 mods/prefixes (means u could not recraft a fitted leather gloves, a lether gloves only once) ... but that would be a really pay&win sollution: non-premium players would not pay fuel costs, unless if avaiable bonuses will be OP a little bit . .....

BlackBear

BlackBear
  • 145 posts

Well, I think that a new Quality for Crafted Items is a way to go. I already suggested "Custom Crafted Items", though, but in a different form. 

I didn't like the idea of incapacitating the Engineer for Crafting. And PLEASE, don't ever try to think of something overpowered, because the first rule of OP is it will be used against you, and usually first in Dead Zone, so the complaiments of being raided by guys with 40~50ish range LR would overload the forums.

IMO, it should be a new tab in the Crafting Table that could allow the player to turn Crafted Items into Custom Crafted ones. It basically would cost some Infamous Components (but not Inf Notes), a Component only bought in the shop (for preventing 1 Fuel Crafting) and a Crafted Item. The Custom Crafted Quality would have a new background and add 5% in a random stat that the item already had. With some effort it would be able to get a 30% Blue Crafted FAL. Another idea is increasing the max lvl cap, like 3~5 lvls. It would be nice.

Would they become untradable? Debatable.

About Rising Phoenix idea of evolving the first Items I agree. And why not a lvl 50 variant.

http://forum.conarti...66-new-quality/ - Link of my ideas of Custom Quality, last comments though.

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,763 posts

Some nice ideas tucked away in there. Some of the bonuses seem a bit wild but hey ho it's the nuts and bolts I like behind them. 

ObsidianChief

ObsidianChief
  • 175 posts

There is a really under-used character class: engineer. Yes, i know, his/her level is linked to gear and weapon bench upgrade and has trap disarming bonus, but he/she doesn't use his/her real power: crafting.
I will give for you a proposal in the following:

Engineer could recraft existing weapons and gears. How?

#1: need to craft new components to recraft with gear/weapon bench. Those new equipment components need some new components - and junks as well. These equipment components could addbonuses to weapons/gears.

#2: put weapon/gear into working bench with equipment component in a new UI (1 slot for weapon/gear, another for component) - after it need to redirect engineer to working bench for a long-long timed session of work (depends on weapon/gear lvl - engineer will be unavailable for other tasks, like removing trash from compound, but players will be able to pause recrafting process)

#3: equipping new component should not be automatic success: after first session only have 30% chance of successfull recrafting, but players could choose to redirect engineer for bigger chance (every additional session add another 10% chance up to 80%) -

#4: after unsuccessfull recrafting there will be a little chance (5-10%) to weapon/gear and component are destroying (same effect like recycling)

#5: after successfull recraft players get a better weapons/gears, and get removed equipment component (if existed - like change sight to laser sight: get a sight component back) - better weapons/gear could change its colour to green/blue/purple (like how uniques are made sheet) with new, higher mods/prefixes. There should be a very-very-very small chance to get rare/uni after every successfull recraft, if result is blue/purple (around 1:100,000 or more smaller chance)

For these changes need to
- link working and engineering bench to engineer level (like with gear and weapon bench)
- create a new item category - equipment component
- introduce a big bunch of new items
- make an UI for working bench

New items (just for example):
Equipment components:
- laser sight - to guns: +25% range, +10% accuracy - crafted from: 100*battery, 1000*electronic scrap, 10*pipe, 10*laser head, 500*small machined part, 100*lense
- 4* scope - to guns: +25% accuracy - crafted from: 10*pipe, 100*sight, 100*lense, 300*small machined part,
- sticky weapon handle - to melees: +10% APS - crafted from: 100*leather, 500*thread, 20*weapon handle, 10*treated wood
- extended firing system - to guns: +25% APS - crafted from: 100*trigger system, 100*firing pin, 200*small machined part, 200*return spring, 100*small spring
- easy use reload mechanism - to guns: -20% reload speed - 50*bolt assembly, 200*machined part, 200*return spring, 100*small spring
- fast opening pocket - to bando and bra: +10% reload speed - 200*pocket, 100*strap, 500*fastener, 50*heavy fabric, 1000*thread
- ceramic plates - to armor: +15% health, +10% projectile resistance, +10% explosive resistance - 100*metal plate, 100*hardened metal, 200*heavy fabric, 20*insulation, 200*cement
- hone stone - to bladed: +10% damage - findable at hardware store

Components:
- laser head - recycled from laser pointer
- cement - findable at depo and construction site

Junks:
- laser pointer - findable only in office - very rare - after recycle: 1*laser head, 1*electronic scrap, 1*battery

Reasons of idea:

- using engineer for proper purpose
- chance to crafting equipment close to uni/rare
- also chance (but very small) to get uni/rare
- craft tradeable items

and

"Because it would be awesome"

yeah, i know that will be lot of work even on UI (flash) and backend side as well .... but will add a nice part to game

hope my idea is understandable and clear - if u have question, i try to answer ....

plz up it if u like it ------------------------>

What you are suggesting is attachments and that is something i would LOVE to see in the game, but Con would have to redesign GUIs to make this work unless you have to attach and remove them from a weapon with the bench.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: craft, engineer, uni, unique, rare, trade, component, junk, bench