There is a really under-used character class: engineer. Yes, i know, his/her level is linked to gear and weapon bench upgrade and has trap disarming bonus, but he/she doesn't use his/her real power: crafting.
I will give for you a proposal in the following:
Engineer could recraft existing weapons and gears. How?
#1: need to craft new components to recraft with gear/weapon bench. Those new equipment components need some new components - and junks as well. These equipment components could addbonuses to weapons/gears.
#2: put weapon/gear into working bench with equipment component in a new UI (1 slot for weapon/gear, another for component) - after it need to redirect engineer to working bench for a long-long timed session of work (depends on weapon/gear lvl - engineer will be unavailable for other tasks, like removing trash from compound, but players will be able to pause recrafting process)
#3: equipping new component should not be automatic success: after first session only have 30% chance of successfull recrafting, but players could choose to redirect engineer for bigger chance (every additional session add another 10% chance up to 80%) -
#4: after unsuccessfull recrafting there will be a little chance (5-10%) to weapon/gear and component are destroying (same effect like recycling)
#5: after successfull recraft players get a better weapons/gears, and get removed equipment component (if existed - like change sight to laser sight: get a sight component back) - better weapons/gear could change its colour to green/blue/purple (like how uniques are made sheet) with new, higher mods/prefixes. There should be a very-very-very small chance to get rare/uni after every successfull recraft, if result is blue/purple (around 1:100,000 or more smaller chance)
For these changes need to
- link working and engineering bench to engineer level (like with gear and weapon bench)
- create a new item category - equipment component
- introduce a big bunch of new items
- make an UI for working bench
New items (just for example):
- laser sight - to guns: +25% range, +10% accuracy - crafted from: 100*battery, 1000*electronic scrap, 10*pipe, 10*laser head, 500*small machined part, 100*lense
- 4* scope - to guns: +25% accuracy - crafted from: 10*pipe, 100*sight, 100*lense, 300*small machined part,
- sticky weapon handle - to melees: +10% APS - crafted from: 100*leather, 500*thread, 20*weapon handle, 10*treated wood
- extended firing system - to guns: +25% APS - crafted from: 100*trigger system, 100*firing pin, 200*small machined part, 200*return spring, 100*small spring
- easy use reload mechanism - to guns: -20% reload speed - 50*bolt assembly, 200*machined part, 200*return spring, 100*small spring
- fast opening pocket - to bando and bra: +10% reload speed - 200*pocket, 100*strap, 500*fastener, 50*heavy fabric, 1000*thread
- ceramic plates - to armor: +15% health, +10% projectile resistance, +10% explosive resistance - 100*metal plate, 100*hardened metal, 200*heavy fabric, 20*insulation, 200*cement
- hone stone - to bladed: +10% damage - findable at hardware store
- laser head - recycled from laser pointer
- cement - findable at depo and construction site
- laser pointer - findable only in office - very rare - after recycle: 1*laser head, 1*electronic scrap, 1*battery
Reasons of idea:
- using engineer for proper purpose
- chance to crafting equipment close to uni/rare
- also chance (but very small) to get uni/rare
- craft tradeable items
"Because it would be awesome"
yeah, i know that will be lot of work even on UI (flash) and backend side as well .... but will add a nice part to game
hope my idea is understandable and clear - if u have question, i try to answer ....
plz up it if u like it ------------------------>
Edited by Sincliar, 11 December 2014 - 01:30 AM.