Simply, a permanent item which allows 2 free instant returns from missions every 24 hours.
This would only work for manual missions (not including raids) and could only be purchased from the store with fuel. This would be another aid in addition to the -50% USC book.
The fuel cost, time limit, and # of instant returns would obviously be flexible for balancing the game, but two returns per 24 hours and a 1000 fuel cost is roughly what I am thinking.
Creatively speaking, it could be a solar-powered hybrid engine for the Deathmobile, or a book called "energy saver".
Why implement this?
Some cannot purchase the DMU because $30 is one month's rent/mortgage payment in countries with lesser currency, some are too young and cannot use their own credit card/paypal and have nobody else to purchase it for them.
- Takes away virtually nothing from current DMU users
- Helps keep new players in the game longer (the item would be an incentive to work towards building up fuel)
- Healthy population of players = successful playerbase and long-term game health
- Free players are part of alliances and impact alliance wars
- The longer a player is kept in the game, there's a chance they'll spend money on the game later and increase word-of-mouth (which helps everyone)
- Kongregate players gain an extra incentive to play and save up fuel
- Infected bounties are a bit easier by allowing an extra couple of missions, but not overly easier.
- Allows players to not have to worry about an undefended compound if they have a bounty on their head or if someone continuously attacks them, or to prevent giving easy points to other alliances
- People who play in short bursts for 1-2 hours a day can squeeze in a couple more missions for their enjoyment in what little free time they have
Con has not dismissed the idea of a fuel-equivalent to the DMU, and has kept the idea open in his 'ask Con anything' section.
Thoughts if an item like this was introduced into the game? What would its attributes be?
Edited by Noob, 17 December 2014 - 08:53 PM.