I just want to say thanks for this game. I look at the forums and I feel that there just isn't enough understanding/praise for the challenges that the development team undergo with this game.
Con and crew I just feel are too nice. Here are the things I appreciate about the team...
1. They could have been a lot more aggressive to milk more money out of this game and its players, and to restrict free players a lot more, but they don't.
2. Actively post on forums and reading feedback/responses.
3. They put up with the high volume of complaints. This can be very very frustrating I imagine since they work so hard on the game.
4. Constantly fixing and making updates, not slow.
5. Securing the game by effectively reducing cheaters/hackers (that's a big one)
6. Intelligently preventing exploitation of the game (ex. fuel for crafting to prevent market saturation) and things of that nature. (Another big plus)
Probably many more things I can't even imagine/see. And, all of this with 6 people running the company. 6 people...I don't think people understand how hard that is, especially being on the opposite side of the world (Australia) with conflicting timezones. And yet, they've expanded further, adding this game to the Yahoo! server. It's pretty remarkable as a grassroots developer with what I imagine is a small budget since there are only 6 people.
Anyways, I just wanted to say I appreciate a lot, and I understand simple things like being polite on forums (both to you and other respective players) is good because you don't know how hard the other person has it.
Thank you Con and team.
I hereby take back EVERYTHING I said. This game is now officially a PAY-TO-WIN model catering to the wealthy elite and milking the cash cow now for all it's worth.
Con can go to hell.