Compound Names

Compound sign title name

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,755 posts

Tombstone5000_zps7eaaa9a4.jpg

So wouldn't it be neat if we could name our compounds? With a sign above the central entrance or a sign simply to put somewhere, a bit like the sign i've nicked off the internet above. I would call one of mine 'Rorke's Drift.' 

I suppose a few idiots would try to be as edgy as possible with questionable language, but it would be a shame if a few idiots spoil a nice idea before it even gets off the ground. They could after all be reported, and their compound's renamed (by default) something like 'Lame Ducks,' or something.

Perhaps to change it would cost 500 fuel or something to prevent people changing it every five seconds, or a number of resources to construct. 

Edited by Harpago, 28 December 2014 - 02:32 PM.

LLiquid

LLiquid
  • 2,533 posts

Would this be purely cosmetic or would it add something extra?

Aren't compounds already called "Leaders Compound"?

We already have players who can't be trusted to name their leaders and a swear filter in chat because some get easily offended. Is adding something else that could cause offence going to aid the success of the game?

Harpago

Harpago
  • 1,755 posts

We already have players who can't be trusted to name their leaders and a swear filter in chat because some get easily offended. Is adding something else that could cause offence going to aid the success of the game?

I guess this is the eternal stumbling block, though it doesn't seem to have been abused to much naming alliances.

I had imagined it purely as a domestic feature.

Zingman

Zingman
  • 3,179 posts

As long as it operated like survivor names (other than the leader) in which the player is only one that sees it, I really don't have a problem with this.

Con's resources are probably better spent doing other things though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Compound, sign, title, name